Celestial avatar?! What should I be doing!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Phobos.6234

Phobos.6234

When I’m in WvW running around I’ll activate celestial avatar and it doesn’t seem to do much, so I think I could use some guidance on how to use it… Thanks…..

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Skill 4 for some nice pusling PBAoE heals on self and allies. Also acts as a water field to combo healing

Skill 3 for small burst heal on self and allies, but can act offensively too as it dazes. Can act as a blast finisher.

Skill 2 for not too efficient small burst heal + 2 condi cleanses and a blind on enemies. Can act as a light field

Skill 1 uh yeah. Underwhelming skill

Skill 5 is the only damaging one, but it roots you. Still some nice numbers and adds slow, cripple and immob

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

If you have glyphs equipped, their effects are pretty much ‘inverted’ – the damage is changed to healing on allies, the condi application is turned to Cindi cleansed on allies, push becomes pull, etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Become Avatar
>Press 3 (heals and dazes) or 4. (heal+water field)…maybe 5 if you really need a damaging slow/immobilize
>Leave Avatar state

Keep in mind that it works with QuickDraw, in which case, you can use the lowered recharge of the affected skill again and you can use 2+3 for free AoE Retal.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

>Become Avatar
>Press 3 (heals and dazes) or 4. (heal+water field)…maybe 5 if you really need a damaging slow/immobilize
>Leave Avatar state

Keep in mind that it works with QuickDraw, in which case, you can use the lowered recharge of the affected skill again and you can use 2+3 for free AoE Retal.

Could toss a #2 in there as well. #1 you can forget about completly.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I personally:

4 (to take advantage of quickdraw on aoe waterfield that heals for a sum of roughly 8,000)

3 (in the middle of the 2, for aoe retal)

4 (has generally come off cd by now, if not, throw a 1 or maybe another 2 somewhere until it comes back)

5 (if I think the situation needs it, otherwise, I just exit CA form)

That is just a standard rotation. But using the glyphs of alignment, rejuvenation, and unity while in CA form can be used for much stronger burst-healing.

If you are just entering CA form to give GofL to others, then just pop it, use 4, then exit. That likely has the highest upkeep of GofL stacks.

NSPride <3