[Change Required] Pet Stow

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Regardless of how ANet developers want to force us into using pets – they did literally nothing to keep their word.

In it’s current form – the pets die too often, don’t scale with DPS buffs, we can’t control their abilities and those we can are so absurdly hard to land that I sometimes feel like the unique class mechanic is a joke and I decided to live in the wrong universe.

One of the things that would promote using pets is being able to stow the pet in combat. This way our pet could be saved from harm without worrying about taking damage from AoE they can’t avoid with dodge (since we can’t control it’s position, thanks Anet).
Furthermore, this would allow Rangers participate in PvE skipping and PvP escapes (so pet won’t drag Stealth buff from people blocking the 5-men limit) which is, by the way, the most common reason why Rangers are hated.

Proposed Changes:

• Pet Stow is now available in combat. Cannot be used if Pet Swap is on cooldown and if used in combat – triggers Pet Swap cooldown.

If ANet wills to keep their idea of pet-class without giving us tools that would promote it (they want Ranger to fight with pet but they refuse to give us tools to actively save the pet, be it dodges or pet positioning) – they need to give us tools to go around with it.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

This. I want stow to be seen as part of control.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Agreed.

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

This is a rare perma pet stow suggestion I’d be in favor of. Being able to stow the pet to save it during times of heavy AoE and bring it back out when the AoE clears would be a massive improvement on the mechanic. We don’t need any special buffs when the pet is stowed to try and force a petless playstyle, we just need the ability to call out our pet when it’s actually beneficial to do so and call it back when it isn’t.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Another awesome mechanic hit by this change is synergy with Signet of the Renewal.
Currently – your pet is either dead or changed right after activation.

If you were able to stow the pet – the CD by saving your pet would go the same way but you would be able to choose which pet would you like to have. Whether keep the one bombed by signet and stow>call him back without condis, or simply swap the pet for a new one.

in Ranger

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Anet hire this guy to regulate ranger please!

+1

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

This is a rare perma pet stow suggestion I’d be in favor of. Being able to stow the pet to save it during times of heavy AoE and bring it back out when the AoE clears would be a massive improvement on the mechanic. We don’t need any special buffs when the pet is stowed to try and force a petless playstyle, we just need the ability to call out our pet when it’s actually beneficial to do so and call it back when it isn’t.

I don’t want to force a petless playstyle, I want the option to use a petless playstyle. Pets were usually a drain in GW1, but they’re almost always a drain here. Not having control over half of my cc’s makes PvP on ranger a game of roulette…and I hate gambling.

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Couldn’t we have : when the ranger dodges, the pet becomes invulnerable (like if he also dodged)? This could be easy way to protect our pet from a big attack.

Ideally, the pet should on his own avoid AOEs…

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Couldn’t we have : when the ranger dodges, the pet becomes invulnerable (like if he also dodged)? This could be easy way to protect our pet from a big attack.

Ideally, the pet should on his own avoid AOEs…

That is one of the possibilities. The problem is that your pet chooses his positioning by itself – meaning from various AoEs you usually dodge-roll out but your pet stays in place.

With stowing you’d hit 2 birds with 1 stone.