Change to pet agro in last patch?

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I figured I’d go complete Maelstrom for something to do and am seeing huge difference in my pet’s agro.

This is no big deal for 1 mob, but this is a huge difference from before. Most fights are 2-3 mobs with possible vet. Normally, your pet could handle at least one while you dealt with adds and healed. I now have to kite them all backwards (as many as agro) while shooting and healing, because even though everything’s now chasing me, the pets still taking high damage (?!) and I’m taking 3X what I did before.

Did I miss something in patch notes? Is it just me?

in Ranger

Posted by: TehMoonRulz.7064

TehMoonRulz.7064

I’ve found bet aggro to be pretty poor End game pve with Risen is a giant circle strafe match

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

I think there is something wrong with undead mobs in general, as I had the same problem any time I fought undead mobs. They would almost always ignore my pet and go after me, whether I attacked them or not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aiishe.3240

Aiishe.3240

^There has to be something wrong with undead mobs. They may as well aggro from the other side of the map. Then when you’re kiting them to avoid obliteration, you pull even more. From ages away.

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I can’t say I have any issues with Orr. If anything, those are the only zones where it makes sense and I have exotic gear and no issues with mob difficulty or density. I’m an advocate for difficulty. I’m referring to playing downleveled in 50-65 level zones. I’m seeing a marked difference in my pets ability to keep a pull off me when I have multiples. I sense this is a change due to bots choosing ranger a lot, but there is something different. Maybe it was the animation change or something that did it?