Changes to off-hand dagger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Q:

Off-hand dagger is extremely underwhelming, so any changes coming with the xpac?

Also, I caught the “cripple” comment from Irenio, and it has me concerned because cripple is extremely easy to get rid of in pvp and wvw. If the dagger theme is all about crippling enemies then I hope we get beefed up melee damage (in general).

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Also, I caught the “cripple” comment from Irenio, and it has me concerned because cripple is extremely easy to get rid of in pvp and wvw. If the dagger theme is all about crippling enemies then I hope we get beefed up melee damage (in general).

Refering to off-hand and its ranged cripple attack, as oppose to the melee focused mainhand. Not the new skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The cripple comment was talking about off hand dagger, no idea why they decided to talk about that but not any of the new stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

They tried to sell “Cripple from a far” and I was like really, that’s the most underwhelming thing I’ve ever heard. Especially when it’s poor damage and has an incredibly long cooldown for a single target cripple 15s.

Dagger offhand needs some serious, serious buffs to even make it comparable to other classes. In fact, nearly all ranger offhands are pretty subpar with the exception of torch for condition damage.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Especially when it’s poor damage and has an incredibly long cooldown for a single target cripple 15s.

It’s also incredibly difficult to hit a moving target with it at 900+ range because of how slow the projectile moves.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m guessing most people will combo soulbeast dagger with torch and shortbow. Off-hand dagger still won’t be a thing unless you want the evade in PvP (which you often do and there is evade synergy in at least one soulbeast skill).

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m guessing most people will combo soulbeast dagger with torch and shortbow. Off-hand dagger still won’t be a thing unless you want the evade in PvP (which you often do and there is evade synergy in at least one soulbeast skill).

It’s only two skills, I am quite hopeful they will tweek OH Dagger because I believe they will want D/D to actually be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

It’s only two skills, I am quite hopeful they will tweak OH Dagger because I believe they will want D/D to actually be viable.

I really hope they do :/ I am very much looking forward to a melee D/D ranger but in order for this to come to fruition they would need to revisit what off-hand dagger needs to be.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

You can cripple from a distance! What else would you ever need?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!