Check tPvP/ESL viable of this build

in Ranger

Posted by: nxk.1932

nxk.1932

Hi Rangers!

What do you think about this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjMq0vavKOrQ0aABhaVA0OGS2Ww9RsEFxJrIasA-TJhHwAPLDA4JAE4kAAa/BA

is viable for tPvP group and ESL?
krait/traveler

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

This was actually the meta build for tPvP, once.
I’m positive it’s still viable today, even though people don’t play it anymore.

You provide condi bombing, very potent pressure on downed targets, Ress (yet not always reliable) and you are a huge help for the teamfights.

The build is definitely viable.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The meta was triple spirits.

It fell out of favor due to the lack of stunbreaks and the massive AOE spam from other classes, which kill the spirits too easily.

That being the case it is viable for some matchups but not others, and probably not a ranger’s best option.

I would probably trade keen edge for signet mastery, so that your only stunbreak has a shorter cooldown. Also trade vigorous renewal for shared anguish so that you have a second stunbreak.

Also I don’t see any point running settler without SotW and Natures Voice, so I would probably go celestial instead. You just can’t beat it atm.

This is how I run my support build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YnMqQ/KWxC+CCVLGAToanAdaA86Gc3sLwEfyKaEL-TJhHwAAeCABOJAg2fwYZAA

You can also go with Mighty Swap, Battle Sigils, and Strength Runes if you want to stack might.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

(edited by Sube Dai.8496)

in Ranger

Posted by: nxk.1932

nxk.1932

The meta was triple spirits.

It fell out of favor due to the lack of stunbreaks and the massive AOE spam from other classes, which kill the spirits too easily.

That being the case it is viable for some matchups but not others, and probably not a ranger’s best option.

I would probably trade keen edge for signet mastery, so that your only stunbreak has a shorter cooldown. Also trade vigorous renewal for shared anguish so that you have a second stunbreak.

Also I don’t see any point running settler without SotW and Natures Voice, so I would probably go celestial instead. You just can’t beat it atm.

This is how I run my support build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YnMqQ/KWxC+CCVLGAToanAdaA86Gc3sLwEfyKaEL-TJhHwAAeCABOJAg2fwYZAA

You can also go with Mighty Swap, Battle Sigils, and Strength Runes if you want to stack might.

It is good build but i think that without spirits ranger in pvp dont have any good point.. and without team support it is useless for org. pvp, ESL.

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

The team support comes from perma swiftness and perma regen through natures voice, the same as what storm spirit and spirit of nature provide but with only 1 trait and 1 utility investment.

Its not tourney viable but neither is spirits, and it is definitely stronger.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Hi Rangers!

What do you think about this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjMq0vavKOrQ0aABhaVA0OGS2Ww9RsEFxJrIasA-TJhHwAPLDA4JAE4kAAa/BA

is viable for tPvP group and ESL?
krait/traveler

First of all, since you aren’t taking Shortbow and you aren’t stacking Crit based proccing of bleeds, I’d probably prefer Nightmare/Undead/Balthazar or Forge/Traveler’s runes over Krait. Settler’s Amulet is decent on Spirits but I think I prefer Carrion or Celestial still.

Sube Dai is not correct when he says that Nature’s Voice replaces Spirits utility. In fact the Spirits active abilities are obviously very strong, and occur quite often when you take Nature’s Vengeance.

There is still debate as to what weapon set is really best with a Spirits build. Since your primary role is support and team fights I personally think that Shortbow withSword/Dagger or Sword/Torch is somewhat of a better weapon choice for keeping constant pressure on a target and proccing Spirits reliably. Shortbow is great at this. However, I understand some people find Shortbow boring, and Axe/Torch or Axe/Dagger is a strong weapon set, so its really up to you.

I like Geomancy/Energy since it maintains decent offense and gives you a ton of dodges when you come under focus fire.

I’d say that you would most likely get more value out of Shared Anguish as opposed to the 6 seconds of vigor every 30 seconds you heal from Vigorous Renewal. Otherwise, your build looks very good, and everything I’ve suggested is really just a matter of personal preference.

Ranger//Necro

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

I didn’t say nv replaces spirits, I said its better due to the spirits dying and the lower trait/utility investment.

Spirit of nature is horrible with the 3 minute cool down, and storm spirit is only swiftness on hit. There is no comparison.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

This is my favorite build right now. Got the burns, got the survivability, got the direct damage. If you get an Entangle combo off, it destroys pretty much anyone (doesn’t happen often against good players, but I receive a lot of hate from Engis). If you want to try a spirit build, I suggest this one. You can tweak it if you want (like signet mastery and take signet of renewal as a stunbreak, take a different amulet and whatnot). It’s just that I really don’t like sunspirit because pretty much anyone has a lot of access to burning and it doesn’t stack in intensity, so it’s kinda meh. The active blind is nice tho. But try call lightning and you’ll see what I mean.

(edited by alvarez.3159)

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Swap 1 weapon set for shortbow and go carrion then you can play well with a partner. ESL bans settlers on ranger usually so you can’t roll with that anyway.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs