Clarion Bond: Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m not saying the ICD should be removed, I’m saying it should be reduced to synchronize with the (traited) pet swap cooldown.

That suggestion is not too far-fetched since Anet has already done that with other classes. Most notable is Necromancer’s “Weakening Shroud” trait that casts the identical version of their off-hand Dagger’s “Enfeebling Blood” but is its own version, tweaked to proc every time a Necro enters Shroud form.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yep, they nerf it hard. 30 seconds Internal CoolDown??
they should put an ICD same as we have to swap the pet.
However i don’t see the exploit there, the trait is linked to swap pets and that already have an ICD. That trait already have Internal Colldown and that is the pet swap… 30 secs just kitten that trait up.
Like we have many usable things right now.

This is a lazy fix from Anet and a reprehensible one that defines how their Devs work, again throwing trash to the the rangers. Instead fixing the massive amount of condis that can apply other professions with just one attack.

Also this kind of nonsense moves from the Devs that so obviously hate ranger profession are the ones that keep me from buying any expansion. Tired of this kind of crap.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Again, it’s not a nerf. The 30s ICD was announced during the AMA Livestream but was bugged when the update went live. The ICD was supposed to have “synergy” with Nature Magic and taking “Windborne Notes.” (Their words, not mine.)

Video Link – Fast Forward to 03:33:25

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Was fun while it lasted, as they say..

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryk.7289

Ryk.7289

With this fix it should at least work outside of combat. (+ a CD timer)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

With this fix it should at least work outside of combat. (+ a CD timer)

Not even sure they would allow that, as there are many rangers that change and swap pets back and forth idle and out of combat as is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryk.7289

Ryk.7289

Yeah, maybe you’re right. The stacking while moving in a group/before a fight would be too strong.

Oh man, I’m sad. I will miss those (additional) blast finishers.

(edited by Ryk.7289)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Again, it’s not a nerf. The 30s ICD was announced during the AMA Livestream but was bugged when the update went live. The ICD was supposed to have “synergy” with Nature Magic and taking “Windborne Notes.” (Their words, not mine.)

Again even in that case is a sh*te move very lazy indication of how the dev team behaves, clarion bond did work fine, the exploit about having the pet hidden should be fixed with a ICD same as we have to swap pets with BM.
I can live with that because that is the real intended use.

Now this trait is just insulting to any intelligent person. Again: is not like ranger is OP or is in the first positions of PvP .

Necro and Ranger needs a lot of attention simply because Anet has neglect those professions for too long, giving all the resources to engie/ele/warrior/thief.
Instead fixing all the bugs and OP builds you can see around : There is a thief build that can shadow Step to you from 1200 units, stun you, immobilise you, apply massive poison and keep doing massive damage with melee. Kill me in 1 second.
1 second literally and i have 2.7K armour and 20K hp.
I didn’t have time even to hit the stun breaker….

So i would ask to the devs to focus to fix our traps and spirits that got so nerfed that none dare to use them any more. Even the frost spirit has been extinct completely.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Not referring to blasting for boons before a fight. Talking about players in general that swap between the two pets they have selected when out of combat. Anet wouldn’t allow it out of combat to prevent those blasts from being wasted.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You can still get 25 might and perma quickness with a tonic from zephyrs speed.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Yeah. Watch later Anet will give ZS an ICD because people are too ignorant to realize the exploit ties with using tonics. -_-

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Not a nerf. Definitely working as was intended now.

You can still ask for a buff of course. Wanting it every in-combat pet swap makes sense. Or an indicator to see its cooldown makes sense too.

Still not a nerf though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

XD it always had a 30secs cooldown it shares the same Skill stats and boons as Call of the wild was not even nurfed or anything.

didn’t they watch that video propery or just watched the fancy fireworks :p

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

undeserved over nerf, should have been 16 sec CD. Problem with skills that have double CD rules(pet swap CD and the ICD) is that the overall CD tends to be much higher. Like , imagine a sigil which proc weapon swap with 12 sec CD, u would porbably miss one weapon swap and make the actual CD of the sigil 20 sec.

Well, after re-thinking about that and seeing the original desighn was 30 sec CD(share values with horn 5) I can understand the change and see it as a fix and not a nerf. I also toght about that i havnt seen a single horn ranger nor theory build with the horn after patch. Same goes for the horn trait. Getting the horn 5 with pet swap on 16-20 sec CD made the horn jsut obsolete. Traing CB with the horn trait was also useless if it working on every swap anyway. However, I do agree it must get a countdown tooltip so players can actualy time and baslt finisher effect, and to maximise the timing of the pet swap with this trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

I think that the question many Rangers would like to ask of those who insist that the ICD is fair or that it would be too strong without it or that it is otherwise a good “change”/fix, is really, “what did Rangers gain in the patch which compares favorably with the very strong improvements that other classes gained with the specialization patch?” or, “How are Rangers any different than they were before the patch?”

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

undeserved over nerf, should have been 16 sec CD. Problem with skills that have double CD rules(pet swap CD and the ICD) is that the overall CD tends to be much higher. Like , imagine a sigil which proc weapon swap with 12 sec CD, u would porbably miss one weapon swap and make the actual CD of the sigil 20 sec.

Well, after re-thinking about that and seeing the original desighn was 30 sec CD(share values with horn 5) I can understand the change and see it as a fix and not a nerf. I also toght about that i havnt seen a single horn ranger nor theory build with the horn after patch. Same goes for the horn trait. Getting the horn 5 with pet swap on 16-20 sec CD made the horn jsut obsolete. Traing CB with the horn trait was also useless if it working on every swap anyway. However, I do agree it must get a countdown tooltip so players can actualy time and baslt finisher effect, and to maximise the timing of the pet swap with this trait.

I think half the point of the trait was to get people to use Warhorn more, since if the CD on CB is 30s and interacts with Windborne Notes, if you combine them all, you get 150% uptime on Swiftness and Fury and 100% uptime on Regeneration.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Lol it was never intended not to have a cooldown, I don’t understand why everybody is whining about this change to a mechanic to make it work as intended.

The trait is still amazing by the way, it was amazing before people even discovered it didn’t have an ICD, and will continue to be an amazing choice going forward.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

And yet, even with that “synergy” it doesn’t even line up with an untraited pet swap cooldown.

Don’t even get me started on how I feel about windborne notes as a trait.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The issue at hand is weather the warhorn 5 CD is worth the 30s or not. Windbourne notes is a bad trait. We do not need more regeneration, we got it so much already be it on actives or traits.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

The issue at hand is weather the warhorn 5 CD is worth the 30s or not. Windbourne notes is a bad trait. We do not need more regeneration, we got it so much already be it on actives or traits.

I feel like the whole nature magic line is a bit underwhelming to be honest. With the improvements the other trait lines got, nature magic just feels…stale.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

The worst part is it applies before the new pet is swapped in, so it doesn’t get any of the boons and it doesn’t get remorseless. Which would be amazing because the canine pets can crit over 5k with the first skill they use (brutal charge) and having that as a guaranteed crit gives a really cool play to the pet swap.

In fact I feel pets should get opening strike on being swapped regardless of remorseless but whatever, all things anet will never change and we will have to make do with the poor implementation we have been given.

in Ranger

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

The worst part is it applies before the new pet is swapped in, so it doesn’t get any of the boons and it doesn’t get remorseless.

I hadn’t realized that bit – that is not cool. Does the pet still get the boons from Clarion Bond indirectly via Fortifying Bond?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The NM line is amazing for PvP or WvW. For PvE not so much.

I mean, protective ward goes so well with bark skin. Evasive purity is an extra condition clear on a 10s CD. Oakheart and and the NM adept minor are for all intents and purposes enough for a permanent regeneration boost. Allies aid is good for side node skirmishes, instinctive reaction is good on the quickness part but the healing power into power is bad.. it should have been power into healing power….
Invigorating bond and Natures vengeance are just worthless however.

Clearly, for PvP and WvW purposes WS line is definitely the top line. Everything else builds around that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Dont suggest making it sync up with pet swap, else anet will just change pet swap to 30 seconds. Fixed!

in Ranger

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

Of all the things that need fixing in this game. Who cares that it was previously shown with 30 sec ICD? What exactly is overpowered about having access to Call of the Wild on pet swap? The boons it gives are absolutely paltry and other classes have access to blast finishers galore. So what is it? For all the harping they’ve done about “synergy”, why ruin our ability to use this trait in a controlled manner? Why don’t Runes of the Pack proc Call of the Wild (which it is obviously meant to)? I mean… get it together, balance team. Stop your infatuation with taking everything useful away from this class in particular.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Dont suggest making it sync up with pet swap, else anet will just change pet swap to 30 seconds. Fixed!

Oh god….. you are probably right

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah, it did need an ICD to fix the tonic bug (that was broken), but 30 seconds is way too long. I’d rather 20 seconds so that it lined up better with torch 5 & pet swap as it is now, now I’m considering not using it because it doesn’t line up right with pet swapping and It’s frustrating swapping pets and it not going off.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Some guy uses tonics to exploit and what does anet do? nerf traits and skills.

The problem is with the tonic allowing the player to transform DURING COMBAT. Fix that and you will have no exploits. The ranger gets a nice skill for the profession and immediately gets Nerf again, thus leaving the ranger as it was before.

The buff on pet swap should be unrestricted, fix the tonics NOT the traits.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

The worst part is it applies before the new pet is swapped in, so it doesn’t get any of the boons and it doesn’t get remorseless.

I hadn’t realized that bit – that is not cool. Does the pet still get the boons from Clarion Bond indirectly via Fortifying Bond?

Just tested in the heart of the mists, with fortifying bond, remorseless, clarion bond and zephyr’s speed the pet you swap to will have 4 stacks of might and quickness. So fortifying bond is giving it the measly 1 stack of might from clarions bond but not the fury or swiftness and as I said before no opening strike either.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I don’t think its unreasonable to expect this to have a 20 sec ICD. were not breaking the game by getting/givingg fury and swiftness every 20 seconds (1 might doesn’t count for anything), common anet…

@ 30 seconds, your taking a lot of the skilled gameplay away from the trait. it will be pretty much impossible to time the blast with fields, especially in wvw, so its pretty much just a buff every 30 seconds now… maybe youll get lucky and happen to get it off while in a field…dumb

You guys gotta take another look and this undeserved ranger nerf.

if your gonna keep this the way it is, give call of the wild 3 might stacks instead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I just cannot believe that the boons are applied before the pet is actually swapped, that is so, so frikkin stoopid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

With all that happened to this trait with the most recent patch, I can understand why 30 seconds was chosen: to prevent perma fury/swiftness. Bear with me here.

Imagine: You are fighting Tequatl and are a power longbow build. Your ferocity is scaled to 200% but your crit chance is only 80%. All of a sudden! Clarion bond! Now you crit every shot and all you have to do is keep your pet next to you and alive. It is an exploit with that ability and the only way to stop an exploit is to do what Anet did.

NOW. Do I agree with the direction Anet took? Absolutely not. In PvP clarion bond was nice for my condi build as I could keep circling the enemy with the swiftness and keep a nice fury uptime with CB and Wilderness Knowledge. However, my pet dies too fast in PvP and WvW for this new CD to do any good. It removes the spec for rangers to do any good in team fights and limits them to backline pew pew. The 60 second CD for a downed pet to “revive” is a good off set to the skill before this nerf.

TL; DR This nerf was for PvE Pew Pew’ers and nothing more but it affected all of us in such a way this trait is useless!

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

in Ranger

Puck.9612

With all that happened to this trait with the most recent patch, I can understand why 30 seconds was chosen: to prevent perma fury/swiftness. Bear with me here.

Imagine: You are fighting Tequatl and are a power longbow build. Your ferocity is scaled to 200% but your crit chance is only 80%. All of a sudden! Clarion bond! Now you crit every shot and all you have to do is keep your pet next to you and alive. It is an exploit with that ability and the only way to stop an exploit is to do what Anet did.

NOW. Do I agree with the direction Anet took? Absolutely not. In PvP clarion bond was nice for my condi build as I could keep circling the enemy with the swiftness and keep a nice fury uptime with CB and Wilderness Knowledge. However, my pet dies too fast in PvP and WvW for this new CD to do any good. It removes the spec for rangers to do any good in team fights and limits them to backline pew pew. The 60 second CD for a downed pet to “revive” is a good off set to the skill before this nerf.

TL; DR This nerf was for PvE Pew Pew’ers and nothing more but it affected all of us in such a way this trait is useless!

100% fury and swiftness uptime is already easy to maintain. This was changed because people were using the trait with tonics to have a 0 cooldown blast finisher and perma 25 might.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

wat

Rangers can already maintain permanent fury without clarion bond. And if you’re fighting a world boss, you’re going to be in a huge bubble of people. There would be so much fury flying around you’d have to actively try to not get any.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Atros.9607

100% fury and swiftness uptime is already easy to maintain. This was changed because people were using the trait with tonics to have a 0 cooldown blast finisher and perma 25 might.

Answer me honestly, have you EVER tried to use a tonic in combat? There is no tonic that allows to used whilst the person is IN combat. And if there is, that is an oversight by Anet and the tonic should b addressed, not the trait.

So this tonic nonsense, is exactly that: nonsense.
EDIT: because I cannot spell tonic >.>

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

Answer me honestly, have you EVER tried to use a tonic in combat? There is no tonic that allows to used whilst the person is IN combat. And if there is, that is an oversight by Anet and the tonic should b addressed, not the trait.

So this toinic nonsense, is exactly that: nonsense.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Toxic_Krait_Tonic

It’s only nonsense if it isn’t true.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Puck.9612

So this tonic nonsense, is exactly that: nonsense.
EDIT: because I cannot spell tonic >.>

Used to do it with my mesmer and centaur runes all the time to get perma swiftness, it’s not hard at all. Soooo….. not sure what to tell you except you are flat out wrong.

Also, Iv’e seen plenty of people set up macros for stuff like this. Have you never seen someone drop hundreds of bali prints in the space of a couple seconds or sit spam a hundred times?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

honestly this just needs to die. why are people complaining about this? you still get a blast finisher and fury for free every 30s. are you complaining u cant abuse it any longer?

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

honestly this just needs to die. why are people complaining about this? you still get a blast finisher and fury for free every 30s. are you complaining u cant abuse it any longer?

I’m complaining that I now need to work the warhorn into my usual rotation after spending the past 3 days getting used to using call of the wild on every pet swap.

If the ranger’s warhorn wasn’t such a sub-par option in PvE, I wouldn’t complain. Maybe if remorseless applied it’s 25% bonus damage to the entirety of multi-hit skills rather than just the first hit, I wouldn’t be so opposed to slotting the warhorn over my offhand axe.

There’s also the issue of hunter’s call not working on structures and world bosses.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I actually think this trait on 15s cd is way too good. However I hate that the ICD now wont make it proc every time. This is so annoying to use imo, especially if they dont give us an indicator icon. Would rather have a much weaker effect (like half the duration of those boons and no blast finisher) than increased ICD.

Also I find it kind of silly that they add weapon skills on traits like that. This indirectly makes warhorn an even less realistic option.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I actually think this trait on 15s cd is way too good.

I wouldn’t mind something “way too good” every now and then personally. The perma-fury came at the cost of a pet swap every 15s, preventing the ranger from keeping a pet swap available on demand (in case Protect Me or SoR needs to pop). The fix seems lazy. It was easier than fixing tonics, and it didn’t require any thought, just a copy/paste of the original skill cd. Even removing the boons, i’d rather have had a trait to get a blast finisher on in-combat pet swap instead if fury is such an issue.

Now, the trait is not bad as it is imho, but as a rather average player, i’ll basically only count on the first blast in each combat. I won’t have a clue afterwards, so i’ll just revert to managing the pet and only the pet for future swaps.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Atros.9607

It is nonsense. It is an exploitable issue provided by the TONIC. Thus instead of punishing rangers with this nerf, why not address the tonic itself. As all of us are aware, being transformed and entering combat makes us LOSE the transformation (save for a few tonics). Thus this exploit is something that needs to be addressed with the tonic, not our trait.

Flat. Plain. And simple.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

It is nonsense. It is an exploitable issue provided by the TONIC. Thus instead of punishing rangers with this nerf, why not address the tonic itself. As all of us are aware, being transformed and entering combat makes us LOSE the transformation (save for a few tonics). Thus this exploit is something that needs to be addressed with the tonic, not our trait.

Flat. Plain. And simple.

There are a bunch of tonics that can be used in combat. The trait just needs the internal cooldown set at 15 seconds so it can’t be abused and we can have another reliable blast finisher.

It’s bs that a class like engi, who already has blast finishers coming out of his kitten , gets a trait that lets them blast finish on dodge roll and rangers who have 1 reliable blast finisher on a underpowered weapon end up getting screwed because of a tonic exploit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Set fury, might, swiftness to 5 sec duration, keep the blast and make it proc every 15s. This way aso warhorn skill seems less of a joke.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

LOL they are busy nerfing ranger while mesmer and engi are the problem atm… Anet and balancing… Meanwhile people getting one shot by ’nade barrage and burn stacking.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Puck.9612

LOL they are busy nerfing ranger while mesmer and engi are the problem atm… Anet and balancing… Meanwhile people getting one shot by ’nade barrage and burn stacking.

yup and I bet to “fix” it they will nerf burn damage into the dirt instead of doing something about the classes that have an insane amount of ways to stack burning including their auto attack.

in Ranger

Atros.9607

Flat. Plain. And simple.

There are a bunch of tonics that can be used in combat. The trait just needs the internal cooldown set at 15 seconds so it can’t be abused and we can have another reliable blast finisher.

It’s bs that a class like engi, who already has blast finishers coming out of his kitten , gets a trait that lets them blast finish on dodge roll and rangers who have 1 reliable blast finisher on a underpowered weapon end up getting screwed because of a tonic exploit.

Indeed, which is why I am fighting the nerf and instead ask for a look into the tonics. Tonics are for fun transformations to make the aesthetics of the game more enjoyable. But for combat, only tonics such as this should be combat compatable but still non-exploitable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’d like to see this trait synergize better with pet swaps, meaning I’d love to see the cd reduced to 15 seconds (traited BM pet swap). Reason for this is the fact that as a ranger, with very limited access to blast finishers, I really like this one. Hell, they could even nerf the actual effect of the trait for all I care – it’s them blast finishers I want!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user