Coming back after 8 months

in Ranger

Posted by: nEmM.3076

nEmM.3076

So I am re-installing gw2 after being gone for 8 months and have no clue what big or subtle changes happened during that time. Could someone point me in the right direction when it comes to ranger builds that are viable right now? Mainly for WvW or PVE. Thanks in advance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lilius.9850

Lilius.9850

Currently, rangers have the BEST builds in WvW and PvP and PvE.

The build is:
-reroll a warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Currently, rangers have the BEST builds in WvW and PvP and PvE.

The build is:
-reroll a warrior

It’s more like reroll to any other class and be of more use to the team than your ranger could ever hope to be.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

actually we have two cool builds….

reroll a warrior as Lilius said, and

Reroll a Guardian – also a very good option

in Ranger

nEmM.3076

I get it rangers suck but this whining is getting old. Just re roll, no need to come on these forums and keep crying about it. I am still interested in a build preferably with GS/Shortbow combination. Thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So I am re-installing gw2 after being gone for 8 months and have no clue what big or subtle changes happened during that time. Could someone point me in the right direction when it comes to ranger builds that are viable right now? Mainly for WvW or PVE. Thanks in advance.

Pet damage got nerfed, pet HP got buffed, Spirit HP got massively buffed, odds of a spirit’s ability kicking in got doubled, Healing Spring got lowered to 10 seconds but pulses every 2 now, Greatsword got buffed with Maul, Longbow #3 now gives stealth, Longbow #2 now gives a stack of Vulnerability with each hit (up to 10), Axes got buffed, Shortbow got a range nerf down to 900 but #2-5 buffed in damage, Sic ‘Em can now give people 4 sec Reveal (must not be in stealth, doesn’t stack), the quickness trait from Beastmaster traitline got moved to a minor Grandmaster skill, Quickness as a whole got nerfed, etc.

As for builds, Trap (as always), Regen, and Chill are the current high rankings for PvE and WvW. Beastmaster got hit pretty hard by the pet damage nerf.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Bad time to ask, the ranger community is in low spirits of late… lol

I wont give you an exact spec but I can vouch for 30/30/10/0/0 for a power build, Longbow + sword/horn.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

in Ranger

nEmM.3076

Thanks for the serious responses guys. I appreciate the help.

in Ranger

nEmM.3076

I like both builds, do you find you are lacking enough dps to take people down with the WvW build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

My condition remover 2.0 if at least slash could remove bleed it should be a great/good build for roaming…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAT8YnAVUFclFCWwaZgo9ITcCTPFzi9OF+vTnchE0C-jEDBIMJDnJyUgKa0HwZQCh5RSrVTFRjVJLyaZI6ZoqbY6YACBMZCA-w

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

I like both builds, do you find you are lacking enough dps to take people down with the WvW build?

I don’t WvW a lot. So I won’t say that I am very good at it. I also don’t roam alone. I usually follow the commander when invading.

This is what I normally do, wh 5 to start with, then target the enemy that is left behind with axe 3 Then follow by gs 3 then gs 5. This normally will ensure a stun. The rest of the skills are pretty self explanatory. You can actually replace sic em with guard since that was my orignal build but I kind of like how sic em now since it apply a 4s revealed debuff.

But to answer your question, if you are not fighting them in swarm, I don’t normally be able to take down quick enough since this is more of a bunker build. But I have lost very little since I used this set of gear. Most of my lost are to warrior hammer (their stun lock was OP). But so far I have encountered any warrior hammer yet. Hopefully the stun lock is much controllable since sigil of paralyzation has been fixed.