Coming back to ranger

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Hey all coming back to the game to main my ranger. Really looking forward to the Druid spec. Any new builds for pve since the update or is power still the best for dungeons and fractals? Thanks!

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I think I heard condi ranger puts out the same DPS as power ranger in PvE? Did I hear that? Am I crazy?

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Stubie.5834

Yeah that basically what I’m looking for. I can go to metabattle if I want the meta build. Was more looking for a different or unusual build that someone is using that is having fun and good results with.

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

DnT posted up the condi ranger build that’s apparently great for PvE. I haven’t tried it yet, but here it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guildwars2/comments/3faa2q/_/

Edit: Actually, after looking over that build, maybe it’s not what you’re looking for. It’s a super min/max dungeon speed clearing build. I don’t know what else I expected from DnT but yeah, probably not what you want if you just want casual play. But yes, that is the condi ranger build that out dps a power ranger with the right food and buffs.

(edited by bloodpyrope.8630)

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

if you want condi Dps , you need to use Bleed on crits , with Sword+torch , Axe+dagger with beastmastery, skirmishing and wilderness.

sharpend edges+rending strikes = 2 bleeds while stacking two might on pet 1 from sword , 1 from trait+ SotP for Fury+swiftness and extra fast might stacking.
though again if you have a copy boon mesmer targeting the pet as its always on 25 might with this build it can provide a high source of might for everyone , without a need for a Ele or Warroir might stacking just by maintaining Pet attack speed though zyphers speed+ quicken zypher.

i did some theroy crafting on the idea.

this is a quick work up
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsf3YjEqQLLWuCurAXLGKEqPBi2Ao/gh9F4Bo0T9KWJF-ThSAABKcEAwWpR0PAAp1PAwBBwa1f64EAMpSwxUm1z+DBAQAmZZWmlZwRP6RP6RPazcn7cnzcnlCYRRWA-e

Lighting reflexes or Quicken zypher choose which depending on area location any open spaces ect does it allow you to AA>speed trap>bonfire>LR out>axe>AA dagger evade ect to rotate back into Sword AA using sword skill 3 to gain 10% crit hits for flanking.

the Grandmaster for beastmastery is optional though the quickness is a Huge Buff for pet damage / might stacking and bleed burst .

axe could be used For Fractals by taking honed axes it makes winters Bite into a AoE attack so it works well with the bonfire,spike trap, and fire trap with its Projectiles.

Taunt Not so much for PvE.
skirmishing GM’s
MDG is the real only choice for this type of build Quickdraw won’t see much use due to low cooldowns you could easly go without , the amount of AA bleed stacking and using quickness , you’ll only get one chance to Burst the target down , but in a fractal the fight continues maybe locked in combat below 50% still using Axe AA to stand at a good distance for a few seconds to build might while providing the projecile burns.

Quick draw not so much , low cooldowns , fast kills in a fight (totaly depending on the team) usally you won’t get off more than One full rotation of Quickness+trap+bonfire+SoTP high intinal burst then drops off , good for dungeons but the traits can be altered to match the content.

the Bleeds aim for 1k per stack over 5 seconds(200per second+direct damage damage it can go higher when buffed up with stacks) , in addition the pets damage from quickly building might/Vun/Bleeds/(refined toxins? on opening) and a extra load from Burning could swap fire trap for Sun spirit if you have a Ps warroir or Ele in team , freeing up more more AA time.

ambidexterity could be changed for Refined toxins for a stronger opening , though i;d use ambidexterity for fractals and harder dungeons.

though i hope this will give you a good stepping stone to work on.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Stubie.5834

Cool thanks for the post. I wasn’t even looking for a condition build per say just seeing if there was anything new or fun besides the ole s/a and lb.

Coming back to ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ranger build thread in my sig