Concerns on stacking Stances

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

So, beyond the speculation and comparisons, the more important question is how would these stances work when shared and stacked. Will they be able to stack, and if so, how?

An example is 2 Soulbeasts using Bear Stance next to one another with the shared trait. Will it count as the players having both instances of Bear Stance running at the same time?

Meaning, for the first 2 seconds, they are losing 4 conditions per second and healing for each condition lost, then having just the single instance of Bear Stance apply for the final 2 seconds, losing 2 conditions per second, yada yada.

Or, will it increase the duration? So, then each Soulbeast that shares a stance with the same allied target has the effects last longer. In the above example of just 2 Soulbeasts, that would extend it to 6 seconds (4s + 2s shared). If so, is there a duration cap?

Or, the final, plausible outcome: stances won’t stack at all and/or refresh to their max duration – but depending on the source. Meaning, if I have Bear Stance and it drains down from 4s to 3s, then someone grants me Bear Stance, it caps at 4s or doesn’t apply at all.

Likewise with shared instances where if one Soulbeast grants an ally Bear Stance (2s), then I share that stance with that same ally 1 second later, it just caps at 2s. Something to think about when testing it during the beta coming up later.

Unless someone has footage showing how this works, please post it. I’m certain many of us would like to know. Also, apologies for using Bear Stance a lot, but (hopefully) you get the gist of it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Ya dude could be nuts if it’s done right (ranger zerg e/meta wut!) Ya I’m curious too see how the stances work with that trait, maybe it works similar to how spirit buffs work or hmm venoms might not be a good example since they’re single bursts….

Hope we get a aoe ring like how even are so we can better get a feel for applying them

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m pretty sure it’ll work like spirits, where the skill won’t apply to someone already with the buff, and will instead look for another target to apply it to

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I doubt they are going to stack, like venoms don’t stack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’m pretty sure they won’t stack. Only boons stack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m pretty sure they won’t stack. Only boons stack.

Warrior Stances stack.

in Ranger

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

My biggest doubt is this, the trait description says: “Stance skills grants
their effects to nearby allies for a reduced duration” but actually, our Stances have multiple effects. Will EVERY effect be shared to our allies?
Example, Dolyak Stance: “Gain stability and retaliation and remove conditions that impede movement. Prevent application of such conditions while in this stance.”
This mean we will share stability and retaliation like a guardian? Or the effect includes only the condi-removal thing?
Another example, Bear Stance: "Heal yourself and your pet. Lose conditions while in this stance, healing for each condition lost. "
This means we will heal allies with our healing skill aswell? Or only the condi removal effect is considered?
Too many doubts, not enough answers.

in Ranger

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

My biggest doubt is this, the trait description says: “Stance skills grants
their effects to nearby allies for a reduced duration” but actually, our Stances have multiple effects. Will EVERY effect be shared to our allies?
Example, Dolyak Stance: “Gain stability and retaliation and remove conditions that impede movement. Prevent application of such conditions while in this stance.”
This mean we will share stability and retaliation like a guardian? Or the effect includes only the condi-removal thing?
Another example, Bear Stance: "Heal yourself and your pet. Lose conditions while in this stance, healing for each condition lost. "
This means we will heal allies with our healing skill aswell? Or only the condi removal effect is considered?
Too many doubts, not enough answers.

Probably only the effect that’s applied as a buff is shared. Like, Dolyak Stance, the actual buff is the one preventing movement impairing conditions.