Concerns regarding Soulbeast

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

1.) All of the GM major traits look underwhelming to me.

Eternal Bond – Very high CD. Very unworthy for a GM major slot.

Dead or alive is A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive

30 Sec CD.
Master Major Only.

2.) Leader of The pack

Again. No CD reduction. Just the sharing for a reduced effect. Still underwhelming for a GM

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Venomous_Aura

Venom Sharing is baseline.

3.) Oppressive Superiority

Will be Useless for PvE for High HP mobs.
10% is meh.
Berserker rune grants 5% for Both Power and Condition damage. Non Situational so its effect is constant.

4.) One Wolf Pack

Is the ICD per target?

5.) Pet Traits now, (Passive and Active)

Stat Passives like Expertise training, how does this affect us now?
Invigorating bond, f2 traits for pets?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

It’s true, but if you think about it, the strongest trait for the druid specialization is an Adept. We’ll have to see, numbers can be twiked.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Odd, because Oppressive Superiority is exactly how the Light on Your Feet bonus should have worked instead of dodging. It activates on targets lower health than yours, which is exceedingly useful for PVE, unless the player just face tanks everything. Most likely works on a % threshold (or at least it better).

A good example are Scholar Runes are still used and that’s with player health remaining above 90%. In comparison, OS is far more lenient the lower a target’s health is and comes with extended condition duration, which Ranger lacks aside from LoyF – and that wastes endurance and lasts 4s.

CD reduction would be nice for Leader of the Pack.

One Wolf Pack reads as a global ICD since it specifies “This effect can occur once per interval.” instead of “This effect can occur only once per target.”

No idea for how traits affect differently with Soulbeast. This can be a non-concern since what information that is available to us is not enough to conclude anything.

Eternal Bond might be something to look at. I agree, for a GM it seems rather high. 60s would seem like a better number to test it out.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

First I want to see the other traits.

Oppressive Superiority will be good. A bit boring, but still useful for almost any build.

The other two… not so much.

Eternal Bond is weak. It might only buy you 2 seconds of extra time, if you’re lucky. I’ll try it tho, maybe there is something to it.

Leader of the Pack might see some play in some tiny part of the game somewhere. Maybe PvE or WvW. But wouldn’t bet on it. 50% reduction before it’s even released seems ridiculous.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Wish we could see the other traits. It’s kind of crazy when I see traits like THIS as a minor trait in the new elite specs.

I have doubts SB would get anything that powerful, let alone as a minor trait, seeing how our GMs are.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Wish we could see the other traits. It’s kind of crazy when I see traits like THIS as a minor trait in the new elite specs.

I have doubts SB would get anything that powerful, let alone as a minor trait, seeing how our GMs are.

Hopefully we see relevant core changes on tuesday

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Odd, because Oppressive Superiority is exactly how the Light on Your Feet bonus should have worked instead of dodging. It activates on targets lower health than yours, which is exceedingly useful for PVE, unless the player just face tanks everything. Most likely works on a % threshold (or at least it better).

A good example are Scholar Runes are still used and that’s with player health remaining above 90%. In comparison, OS is far more lenient the lower a target’s health is and comes with extended condition duration, which Ranger lacks aside from LoyF – and that wastes endurance and lasts 4s.

One Wolf Pack reads as a global ICD since it specifies “This effect can occur once per interval.” instead of “This effect can occur only once per target.”

No idea for how traits affect differently with Soulbeast. This can be a non-concern since what information that is available to us is not enough to conclude anything.

Eternal Bond might be something to look at. I agree, for a GM it seems rather high. 60s would seem like a better number to test it out.

Not being sarcastic or anything but can you care to explain how is OS helpful in pve other than vs trash mobs? For example this trait would be non existent vs Champs and Legends for the early part of the fight right?

If one wolf pack is global ICD, I think that is very unfortunate. It blocks any potential on this trait and limits it as 1v1 burst elite. Having the ICD per target will be better in teamfights IMO.

Stance CD reduction is a must IMO. If there is no CD reduction, the Spirit GM trait will be better than this one honestly. Even just a 10% reduction and some other effect.

How bout you, I think the Stance GM is really too bland, maybe 1 more added effect will be good since there is a 50% reduction on the original effect already

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

@all

Another concern I have is while watching the videos, Almost all the Soulbeast meld Skills are on a long cast time. This basically screams “Here interrupt me!!!” on pvp and wvw. SO basically you have to build around again, RaO or that dolyak stance. Again BM will be mandatory?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

@all

Another concern I have is while watching the videos, Almost all the Soulbeast meld Skills are on a long cast time. This basically screams “Here interrupt me!!!” on pvp and wvw. SO basically you have to build around again, RaO or that dolyak stance. Again BM will be mandatory?

Mostly the F3 skills as they are strong AOE, but you can combo with quickness. Most of the the F1,F2 I have seen are very fast. Like the dog lepas, the pig leap and maul, the flower condi thingies, etc..

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

How’s it useful in PVE when mobs that requires high dps have like 3 million HP?
It’s way worse than trait that gives 20% bonus damage when target is below 50%, which works on 3 million HP pve mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

It’s way worse than trait that gives 20% bonus damage when target is below 50%, which works on 3 million HP pve mobs.

Well, it all depends on how it’s implemented. If it’s total HP…. it’s going to be bullcrap in PvE, but if it’s %based (which is more likely imo) it’ll be a really good trait overall.

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Well, it all depends on how it’s implemented. If it’s total HP…. it’s going to be bullcrap in PvE, but if it’s %based (which is more likely imo) it’ll be a really good trait overall.

This is Anet and ranger we’re talking about.
What else do you expect?
I expect it is exactly as it listed right now literally: You have to be literally higher hp than the target to get the bonus damage.

Tbh I find that Spellweaver is getting way much thought than Soul Beast, considering they actually get 2 daggers, all power base, and seems fun/ unique/ functional.
The whole spec seems interesting, with tradeoff, unique purpose, unique mechanic, with a complete package and synergy to work around.

When they explain the Soul Beast’s dagger, they talk as if the dagger offhand is something “new”, and talk as if crippling foe is a big deal by showing a short clip of them using that useless dagger 4 skill.

Tbh Soul Beast’s future is very worrying.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Not being sarcastic or anything but can you care to explain how is OS helpful in pve other than vs trash mobs? For example this trait would be non existent vs Champs and Legends for the early part of the fight right?

If one wolf pack is global ICD, I think that is very unfortunate. It blocks any potential on this trait and limits it as 1v1 burst elite. Having the ICD per target will be better in teamfights IMO.

Stance CD reduction is a must IMO. If there is no CD reduction, the Spirit GM trait will be better than this one honestly. Even just a 10% reduction and some other effect.

How bout you, I think the Stance GM is really too bland, maybe 1 more added effect will be good since there is a 50% reduction on the original effect already

Well, on OS, I’m giving Anet the benefit of the doubt this one time that they wouldn’t be dumb enough to base it off of actual hit-points instead of a health percentage. I see your concern, though. If it turns out that way, it shouldn’t surprise us, and will need to be changed based on health % instead.

I also agree with One Wolf Pack’s global ICD. Per target would be much better. Due to piercing, cleaving, area of effect, and cascading strikes, OWP will have some difficulty if trying to single out a certain foe among even a small group.

Stance CD reduction is something I can get on board with for Leader of the Pack. It’s one of those traits where one would choose it for team play, but if you’re solo roaming, it’s not ideal at all. A CD reduction added onto it would make it more flexible.

As for Leader of the Pack itself having 1 more effect, I’ll have to see. None of the previews showed off that darn Moa Stance, so, just going off what I’ve seen there might be something that can be added to it – but what? Hmm.