Condi-Healer Build? [PvE]

in Ranger

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

So I’ve been toying around with the build editor for a while and came up with this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW3fn0rClrg1sC2CCctgFGBDOqWV7qPPhVXqjpAc5CAl8s0A-TBRFwAAM/EU5HL1fEt/AA-e

I don’t think it’s optimal, and that was not the goal, but I think it might be fun.

Currently running a full cleric build on my druid, but killing things takes a while. . . So I figured I’d try a condition build. The good thing about condition damage is that you don’t really need to rely on three stats to get decent DPS, at least that is my reasoning.

I want to do damage, but I also want to heal, so I wen’t with something hybrid. The idea being to switch between Staff when heals are needed, and Axe/Torch when heals aren’t necessary to help burst down enemies.

I don’t really intend to bring this to raids, that would probably be frowned upon, mostly going to use it for open-world roaming and the like.

Not really sure what I am doing though to be honest, haven’t played Ranger much, so any advice is appreciated.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I did a budget healer-condition set for soloing open-world and personal story on my 2nd Druid. I don’t use it anymore, but I was in the same situation as you are with a full Cleric’s Druid, and changed it up so I could kill stuff (faster) when solo.

Budget Condition Open-World Druid

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Was a bit surprised to see how similar the specializations were!
Also fumbled with mine as I picked a Shortbow trait without a Shortbow. Rectified.

Using two staves to take advantage of the daze you get on weapon-swap along with Geomancy? How’d that work out?

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Worked out nicely. The daze with traps providing AOE damage to proc Ancient Seeds to also keep targets in the traps was the main purpose when I threw this together. Geomancy was icing on the cake.

Activating “Strength of the Pack” for raven summons prior to traps and staff swap for might I could bum off my pet with “We Heal as One” made solo encounters in HoT maps and story segments much shorter.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAnY8fjMqQ7K2tCmrAVLWcEM4k6Utq20AiVFNmAwk7ylxUnMbB-TRiGABFtPQc6HA4JAI9CD5eSAqTJYTK9eU9HlUGQKAYmGB-e
I’m using a bit more bunkish build. Works very good in high lvl fractals and open PvE in maguma. I just stand in trap AoE and spam Avatar skills ^^ .

Celestial scrubs, just die already…