Condi Longbow: Mesmers [vid]

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Just some continuation of condi lb adventures in the borderlands. I decided to run with mesmers this time cause they are nasty. Some of the kills are wrather lame. Probably just some newish mesmers hopping to the class like people hopped to the lb ranger after read the wind update. Although a couple are clearly better players that should not have performed so poorly.

Build link to an editor: (I’m not quite 100% this, more like 95%)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8fjEqQNL2sCusAVLGMEqP3v9av3gUvF4AY0bgCWVA-TVyCAB1pbpRlgAcQBs4IFc3+DK8AEiU9nqU+N9FAIAACwO3Z6sOjO351re1re1re25O35O35OLFwdLrA-w

I’m still confused as to why condi lb is even remotely effective. But who cares aslong as its fun… for me ;-) I’m not the greatest ranger so it is a mystery. Maybe I could seek out one of the duel nights or something in the borderlands.

https://youtu.be/CMpx5jbrQb0

Any suggestions on what class/build I should try to run condi lb up against for next vid?

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Not what I’d usually run but looks interesting. Got some sinister gear on my pve ranger, will give it a go

EDIT: Just tried it. Not bad. Rapid fire hits like 5k, applying 10 stacks of bleeds. If somebody gap closes, I can insta-stack up to 7600/s of conditions.

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Not what I’d usually run but looks interesting. Got some sinister gear on my pve ranger, will give it a go

EDIT: Just tried it. Not bad. Rapid fire hits like 5k, applying 10 stacks of bleeds. If somebody gap closes, I can insta-stack up to 7600/s of conditions.

yeah if I was running either shortbow or axe or combo of those I would totally rock sinister instead ;-)

In a way I probably could but instead of sigil of corruption I would run sigil of perception and toxic maintenance oil (precision instead of condi dmg). So 350 stats.

according to wiki major stat vs minor stat is 420. 70 precision loss in marginal when it stays in condition dmg anyhow.

If you follow what I’m saying between rampager and sinister. Either stat set is completely fine if you balance out +precision from gear/utility buff to aim at 70ish% base critchance.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

yeah if I was running either shortbow or axe or combo of those I would totally rock sinister instead ;-)

In a way I probably could but instead of sigil of corruption I would run sigil of perception and toxic maintenance oil (precision instead of condi dmg). So 350 stats.

according to wiki major stat vs minor stat is 420. 70 precision loss in marginal when it stays in condition dmg anyhow.

If you follow what I’m saying between rampager and sinister. Either stat set is completely fine if you balance out +precision from gear/utility buff to aim at 70ish% base critchance.

Yea, you get +10% crit chance for flanking and quite a fair bit of fury uptime. So thats a total of 30% crit chance already.