Condi Ranger and Poison skills

in Ranger

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys;

Since ive started to play S/T + A/D Ranger im getting trouble to inflict poison on enemys.

Since Dagger #4(Stalker Strike) and Sword #3 are good defensive skills, its very hard to me to hit the enemys with it, since the enemy must be stationary to get hit from those skill, cuz they are very telegraphed and easy to avoid. I was used to run S/T + SB, and SB #2 is a so much better posion source them those skills.

Any tips? thx!

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Spike trap, spider F2 and mud terrain are good sources of immobilize, axe #2 also helps to land the dagger #4

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Sigil of Doom, Poison Trap, Spiders, Marsh Drake, Murrelow, Devourers, as for using the Evades offensively I don’t use them often enough to offer good insight there. However, we have plenty of immob/cripple/chill too to keep them in place if that’s the issue.

I’m not sure how Axe #2 would help you land Dagger #4 since it only applies Bleed in an fan.

(edited by Sagramor.7395)

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I don’t really recommend the pet’s poison since those are too weak, and usually there are better pet options, but if you want poison just to reduce the target’s healing, then it is fine.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

If you’re using S3 or D4 to evade an incoming attack then it’s a pretty sure way to land the hit, because they can’t / won’t be evading your attack when they are trying to land their attack.

Also Offhand Training makes D4 10x better, so if you aren’t using that already maybe give it a try.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Also Offhand Training makes D4 10x better, so if you aren’t using that already maybe give it a try.

This. I’ve noticed my hit % go up after I swapped to that. Also, you can use Stalker’s Strike twice on a rotation with the 8s cooldown (once at the beginning and another at the end) for even more poison uptime. Then I’ll use Serpent’s Strike on sword for an on demand dodge or poison if they’ve cleansed.