Condi Ranger is very strong

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Ive been trying a new build with axe/torch and Sb, with traps and sun spirit and it just wrecks everything. Never really used to pay much attention to the shortbow, but I may actually make a legendary now because of how much fun I’ve had with the ranger condi build.

Testing it on the dps golem I was getting consistently better dps than on my condi necro. I’d love to see how it would go in the raid.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

don’t rub meta or in the other terms meaner neener in his face , he learned how to use that build on his own and that is better than doing a copy + paste then trying to play to a level his not Acustomed to.

it’ll do great in Raids even without the Druid trait line , slot on Vengeful spirits and use the sun spirit for bonus vigour it will always help no matter the situation between the Damage phases , if the trait doesn’t fit the bosses mechanics change it out for protective warden that is if you have taken nature magic to help beef up the pet and boons .

or are you using SK/WK/BM or NM all you’ll need is Skirmishing and wilderness for a condi build the last line can be anything you like , the major downside of druid line is in condi builds that rely on shortbow and AA axe any time taken in Celestial form means a big drop in condi dps , so you’l be better off using NM or beastmastery(i’d go for nature magic and heal as one ) with such a large mount of players 10 on one area you are going to be getting a lot of boons and the fortifying bond+heal as one will provide you with enough boon support and might through out the fight.

if you are new to raids and someone asks why aren’t you a druid tell them " im not taking the risk and sticking to condi Dps" and if so they can find a different heal support charater or druid , theres no reason for them to not be ok with a condi focused Ranger in a raid.

in Ranger

Mitch.4781

don’t rub meta or in the other terms meaner neener in his face , he learned how to use that build on his own and that is better than doing a copy + paste then trying to play to a level his not Acustomed to.

it’ll do great in Raids even without the Druid trait line , slot on Vengeful spirits and use the sun spirit for bonus vigour it will always help no matter the situation between the Damage phases , if the trait doesn’t fit the bosses mechanics change it out for protective warden that is if you have taken nature magic to help beef up the pet and boons .

or are you using SK/WK/BM or NM all you’ll need is Skirmishing and wilderness for a condi build the last line can be anything you like , the major downside of druid line is in condi builds that rely on shortbow and AA axe any time taken in Celestial form means a big drop in condi dps , so you’l be better off using NM or beastmastery(i’d go for nature magic and heal as one ) with such a large mount of players 10 on one area you are going to be getting a lot of boons and the fortifying bond+heal as one will provide you with enough boon support and might through out the fight.

if you are new to raids and someone asks why aren’t you a druid tell them " im not taking the risk and sticking to condi Dps" and if so they can find a different heal support charater or druid , theres no reason for them to not be ok with a condi focused Ranger in a raid.

Yup, this was a pure ranger dps build so no druid line. Using the lynx primarily as my main pet with either fire or confusion salamander as my off pet. You can stack so much bleeds, posion and burning. Also using entangle for my elite combined with krait runes. I know nightmare + 2 trapper seems to be the meta, but Stuff was literally melting.

Did an enormously fast se 3 run and between me and another necro, the last boss had 80 bleeds on him lol!!!

in Ranger

Mitch.4781

Well I have 2 rangers and my main is primarily a druid which i use for high level fractals. My second ranger is used for experimenting with condi builds so yes I know I’m late to the party.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Better late then never.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

No mater how gr8 dps you’r outputting, Rangers dps one of worst in game.
You have to smash keyboard, look for cooldown manage procs and you’ll output maximum 22k dps.
while DerDev wil just hit 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 and output 30k dps.
and Elementlist output 50k dps… more than 2 rangers with best builds and ideal rotations.

That’s the balance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

That’s the balance.

The balance is also that druid outputs more offensive buffs than any other class, and that’s worth more than personal dps.

Perhaps people should keep these irrelevant comparisons to Tempest and Daredevils until Ranger gets an elite spec that is focused on something offensive.

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Pretty sure we lose out to Condition Engineer and Necro. Possibly Condi Warrior too. We’re still wanted for buffs, but to say we’re “very strong” is a bit of a stretch.
It is usable, though, and its still possible to play conditions while being the supporter many wants us to be, too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Pretty sure we lose out to Condition Engineer and Necro. Possibly Condi Warrior too. We’re still wanted for buffs, but to say we’re “very strong” is a bit of a stretch.
It is usable, though, and its still possible to play conditions while being the supporter many wants us to be, too.

actually in PvE all three are pretty close. Engi is over 25k dps, possibly more with the buffs to pistol skills, and both condi ranger and burnzerker sit at around 22-25k. most of this will depend on the boss your fighting and how much they move. zerker has huge fire fields they can make use of so a boss that moves around doesn’t affect their dps as much as one that can step out of our bonfire.

also you have to really pay attention to your quickdraw procs for max dps with this build, engi needs an optimal rotation to max it’s dps as well. Burnzerker is just faceroll easy in comparison, but numbers are competitive.

edit: forgot necro, necro is at the bottom on single targets with the chill nerf but with more targets and another condi class they’re dps gets really high.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Yup, this was a pure ranger dps build so no druid line. Using the lynx primarily as my main pet with either fire or confusion salamander as my off pet. You can stack so much bleeds, posion and burning. Also using entangle for my elite combined with krait runes. I know nightmare + 2 trapper seems to be the meta, but Stuff was literally melting.

Did an enormously fast se 3 run and between me and another necro, the last boss had 80 bleeds on him lol!!!

Yes I’ve ran a build similar to yours I see. Dire, in wvw roaming, was pre-hot. Very satisfying to see people and camps melt that fast. Was something along these lines:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQRBHhx+1IhKUzitsgHLQ1iBDhyb9Yf273NYbBOAG9G4Ep69XA-TVyCABHfQA8U9nZ2fILlfVcEA0T/AAnAAGeAAJqEMAACwMLzysMDOuxNuxNuxZmzcmzcmzsUALKNC-w
A lot of conditions and cover-conditions.
Being in axe/wh: Sharpening Stone, Winter’s Bite, Split Blade, Muddy Terrain, Entangle (krait runes), swap to sword/torch for chill, drake’s confusion, bonfire, throw torch.
If I could make these all hit, 1v1 weren’t big trouble, camps easy.
1 major flaw in this build though, I had no stability. And found it hard to let go of one of my utilities. Most of the time I got away with it though, by either locking them down first, dodging/evading at the right times, or if I was fighting the same people again who shot/stomped/knocked me all over the map, swapping out muddy terrain for signet of the wild.

Now hot is there this probably isn’t very viable anymore, or there are better versions on metabattle. Really had a good time playing this though.

(edited by Bast Bow.2958)

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Sure, but wouldn’t you want to check to see what already exists before you start experimenting? Other people have already mapped out a build, and done entire DPS spreadsheets of all different variants of ranger builds. Then you wouldn’t have to spend extra time reinventing the wheel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4g7y77/heres_a_dps_comparison_of_43_ranger_builds/

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Sure, but wouldn’t you want to check to see what already exists before you start experimenting? Other people have already mapped out a build, and done entire DPS spreadsheets of all different variants of ranger builds. Then you wouldn’t have to spend extra time reinventing the wheel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4g7y77/heres_a_dps_comparison_of_43_ranger_builds/

thats up to the type of person or that persons Attitude towards having fun is and the op clearly Enjoys finding things out on his own building his own Skill experience from his own Development rather than picking a build from somewhere and copying a playstyle.

the only time i would tell someone to use Meta battle is if they are Seriously Attempting for pro league tournament or the sorts and only if that person already has a large knowledge of most skills in the game other wise most meta builds are Generaly Bad in the hands of someone that has " just picked it up" without that personal Developement that person that picked up a meta battle build will be there or in the same set of tiers in pvp for a very long time untill the personal development catches up (which just makes the game less fun in the long run)

may as well just read tips/advise hints and work it out yourself , leads to a much more Enjoyable experience and possibility even stonger skill development.

a person learning the trade aka class spots and learns things that need to be avoided then in the end after all the fun or enjoyment his had learning and trying different builds only makes the Meta battle or his Own playstyle Even stronger.

though it really is funny watching some New player to the class which has No idea how a Druid works Mechanicly or even how it generates Asteral energy (the simpliest form of thinking when they start, all they think is Healing = energy not the Quanity needed or amount of targets to meet cooldown times)

which is why i don’t advocate metabattle for Casuals or normal pvp’ers because it inflates that players real skill then they will hit that Sprinters endurance wall then crash + burn untill thier personal Develpoment catches up , i’ve seen it all before then they get caught in the cycle of Jumping between classes going for the flavour of the month because they think its stronger or its simply easier to play , when its not.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)