Condi Ranger without Sinister gear?

in Ranger

Posted by: Emzi.7584

Emzi.7584

Hey guys!

I want to explore the option of a condi ranger, having run a LB S/A Spotter forever. I found a build to try out: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_A/T_Condition
But
But
WHY IS SINISTER ARMOR/STUFF SO IMPOSSIBLE TO GET?
What is this?!
Okay, not impossible. I’m just not there yet and the Silverwastes are confusing. Maybe I’ll grind for it if I like the condi Ranger
In the mean time, what’s the best substitute for the Sinister stat, or perhaps another condi build that betters suits another stat set? I could just make up one, but wanted to pick the brains of more experienced players first

Edit – should probably have mentioned I’m looking for a PvE/Dungeon build…

in Ranger

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Most guides suggest that you use Rabid if you don’t have Sinister. They say the loss in damage is around 5% compared to Sinister.

And in case you will be encountering condi-immune bosses, you should consider switching to a power set because Dire does not have any power stat.

See here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/96806-zerk-is-for-casuals-june-2015-ranger-builds/#entry2357891

(edited by Miaire.5468)

in Ranger

Posted by: Emzi.7584

Emzi.7584

Most guides suggest that you use Rabid if you don’t have Sinister. They say the loss in damage is around 5% compared to Sinister.

And in case you will be encountering condi-immune bosses, you should consider switching to a power set because Dire does not have any power stat.

See here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/96806-zerk-is-for-casuals-june-2015-ranger-builds/#entry2357891

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a look. I’ll keep my zerker stuff with me just in case!

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Sinister: condi, power/precision
Rabid: condi, precision/toughness
Rampager: precision, power/condi

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Sinister does a lot more direct damage than Rabid. It has double the Power.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya rabid is your best second option. Rampager isn’t good at all. Less damage than Rabid.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Ranger

Posted by: DMo.5046

DMo.5046

I run a rabid set with runes of the undead, helps turn some of that toughness into dps.

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I have ascended zerker armor/weapons, etc, it will take time for me to craft an ascended sinister set (since I have no intention of swapping out my zerker). I take it it’s better for me to stay zerker than to craft an exotic sinister set until I can craft the ascended sinister?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I have ascended zerker armor/weapons, etc, it will take time for me to craft an ascended sinister set (since I have no intention of swapping out my zerker). I take it it’s better for me to stay zerker than to craft an exotic sinister set until I can craft the ascended sinister?

If you are running with sharpened edges trait you can mix some if longbow,shortbow,axe, x/torch. Just slip out an ascended piece ata time. Can also do ascended rampager rings,amy,earrings first, if you got the available currency, while swapping out your zerker armor/weapons for sinister ascended. Then after work on the trinkets.

When I transitioned from full zerker to rampager condi longbow I didn’t switch all gear at once. Still was deadly against players and effective at flipping camps while solo roaming.