Condi Ranger

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys;

Im trying a condi ranger this days, but im getting some hard time against some professions. Im not taking me as parameter cuz im newbie at this build, but what you guys think? Should i learn how to master it? is it competitive for Groups SPVP?

Or if i wanna play condi should i play necro or engineer? What you guys think are the strong and the weaknesses of a good condi ranger?

Thx all!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Shortbow with bleed spam and many immobilizes.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I love my condi ranger.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsY3fjMq0yaHL2sQ1aABhaVA0uGu3u29QcDf9JrIVsA-TJhHwAPLDI4kAge/BAPBAA

• Settler’s amulet for high toughness and healing
  • Sw/D A/T for bleed stacks, poison, burning and chill
  • 2 immobilizes with muddy terrain and entange, high cripple uptime
  • Oakheart Salve, Rejuvanation and Healing Spring cover for perma regen
  • Survival of the Fittest and Healing Spring for condi removal, Empathetic Bond can be used too for even more removal if needed
  • Keen Edge works well with survival traits (cooldown and SotF)
  • Traveler runes have movement speed and a bit of boon/condi duration
  • Geomancy and Hydromancy sigils for on swap conditions
  • Lynx for more bleeds, Wolf for fear

Ranger is one of the better classes for condition play imo. Well rounded for both output and sustain if built good.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

condi ranger works great, and there are a few way to go about, also condi rangers are almost immune to conditions unlike engis

this is how i currently do it
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8fjMq0yaHL2sQ1aADhqdLEslArAwd8+CX9JrIasA-TZRAwAAuAAUeCAlLDw5gA0b/BA

immob and bleed spamming

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

condi rangers are survival masters. you can easily kite 2-4 players while taking forever to be killed. the big thing to me is making sure that your other weapon(s) match well. pretty much all the melee weapons work well for it. personally i would go with sword/x or a GS.
also, condi rangers are heavily dependent on positioning to get your bleed stack. if you cannot out flank or work your opponent you will have a tough time getting kills.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

The good ones are slippery, the strong one know how to counter.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

My guess is that it wouldn’t be a good fit due to lower crit chance but has anyone tried superior sigil of incapacitation?

I use it on a few builds and love it. Probably wouldn’t work though in this case.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Hey guys;

Im trying a condi ranger this days, but im getting some hard time against some professions. Im not taking me as parameter cuz im newbie at this build, but what you guys think? Should i learn how to master it? is it competitive for Groups SPVP?

Or if i wanna play condi should i play necro or engineer? What you guys think are the strong and the weaknesses of a good condi ranger?

Thx all!

Condi ranger is strong. Way stronger than necro and engi. I can’t think of any clear weakness that will destroy the condi ranger other than the enemy is far superior than the condi player/being outnumbered/Unlimited condi removal.

If you are using this build,

Biggest Strength: 25 stacks of bleed in an instant.

Weakness: Can’t spam nades like engi, Can’t return condi to enemies like necro, can’t corrupt boons.

Should you learn to master it? Up to you.

If you want to know how to master it, it is simple, Treat Condi ranger as a melee weapon set with ranged auto-attacks. Don’t kite enemies. Charge straight into them.

I start with my shortbow.

Crossfire(to harass until the right time) → Use Cripple shot/Concussion shot/Entangle to stop enemies from kiting you → Get up on the enemy’s face and use Poison volley(Optional with Sharpening Stone) → Switch weapon so that Geomancy stacks bleed → Use Splitblade(Use Sharpening stone before using splitblade if you haven’t already.)

25 stacks of bleed. Very low cooldown.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Another weakness of the condi survival meta build is that it’s really slow to get around the map with, since it has no access swiftness, no perma 25% signet or runes, and carries no weapons with movement abilities, such as sword and greatsword.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Shanks.2907

Another weakness of the condi survival meta build is that it’s really slow to get around the map with, since it has no access swiftness, no perma 25% signet or runes, and carries no weapons with movement abilities, such as sword and greatsword.

That’s one reason I like using traveler runes and sword. It’s okay to rely on fast hand for combat speed but it doesn’t help out of combat. Nature’s Voice and Guard work well for a swiftness/regen combo but the tradeoff is less condition removal and the loss of a utility skill.

I don’t really like the meta myself. Shortbow could use some work, and you can get plenty of bleed stacks from sw/t a/d. I prefer Keen Edge over Sharpened Edges too, works well with SotF.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

oneply.9586

that build is a good start but there are strong versions imo.
personally would also take keen edge over sharpened edges. i also prefer healing spring.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

personally would also take keen edge over sharpened edges. i also prefer healing spring.

Sharpened edges is better with shortbow, which is in the build. Keen edge is superior when you use A/D S/T.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

oneply.9586

Sharpened edges is better with shortbow, which is in the build. Keen edge is superior when you use A/D S/T.

part of the reason i prefer Keen Edge is openning strike and the buff to power and condition duration. its just a personal playstyle kind of thing and by no means am i saying that the way i altered the build is better, for me tho i play better with an altered build.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

People are claiming the build is slow, but you have sword 2 to quickly get about, LR can be used to quickly move somewhere and you have team mates that should be giving you swiftness. Even without swiftness the build isn’t “slow”.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

That build is more like a good end.

S/T and A/D is more defensive and have very little pressure. I never felt the need to go into there except that one time when I had no idea on how to play Shortbow and A/D.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

Not to be confused with pursuit and escapability. Condi Rangers are great at keeping enemies still. I rarely have problems escaping enemies either.

Crippling shot, Winter bite, Crippling Talon, Entangle, Spider immobilize, Wolf cripple/knockdown/fear are all great for keeping enemies in your reach.

Ranger’s natural tankiness and condi removal keep him alive for very long. Plus, Quick shot, Lightning reflex and dagger 4 lets me evade attacks a lot. Signet of stone lets me survive very long. Sharpening Stone/entangle/Lightning reflex/Empathetic bond removes condi like crazy.

But yeah, I won’t be able to do many last minute save with this build.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tobeyeus.9376

Tobeyeus.9376

I was thinking of trying this build…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNUQNAV8fjMq0va9Kurw1aADhqZHEssDgGYqdWEvQKb6KvxA-T1BYABgobAHlgy9QASS9HG3fAAlf+dFACAgAMzZmMLzghO0hO0hO0m5Mn5Mn5MLFwkSjA-w

I would be in WvW mostly. I am clueless when it comes to builds, but I assume this build would stack a multitude of conditions in order to protect my damaging conditions from being removed.

I also liked having the Trapper Runes for flanking. It seems very different then what you all have posted. But I took Strider’s Defense because I was concerned about ranged attacks.

I could be going about it all wrong. Any advice is welcomed.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

oneply.9586

I was thinking of trying this build…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNUQNAV8fjMq0va9Kurw1aADhqZHEssDgGYqdWEvQKb6KvxA-T1BYABgobAHlgy9QASS9HG3fAAlf+dFACAgAMzZmMLzghO0hO0hO0m5Mn5Mn5MLFwkSjA-w

I would be in WvW mostly. I am clueless when it comes to builds, but I assume this build would stack a multitude of conditions in order to protect my damaging conditions from being removed.

I also liked having the Trapper Runes for flanking. It seems very different then what you all have posted. But I took Strider’s Defense because I was concerned about ranged attacks.

I could be going about it all wrong. Any advice is welcomed.

i dont know much about proper WvW builds, but i would say off-hand training is a waste. the cd reduction isnt worth giving up shared anguish, oakheart salve, and/or vigorous renewal. you should be doing enough weapon swapping to not have to concern yourself with CDs as it is.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Offhand training is exceptional if you take dagger. Torch…meh

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Shanks.2907

Offhand training is exceptional if you take dagger. Torch…meh

Offhand training is great for torch, works well with bonfire (increase radius by 60).

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys, i am playing some SPVP matchs and im enjoying the condi ranger. I just have a doubt about WvW roamming.

Whats the better stats to use? Dire, Rabid or Settler? (In Overall condi builds)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Hey guys, i am playing some SPVP matchs and im enjoying the condi ranger. I just have a doubt about WvW roamming.

Whats the better stats to use? Dire, Rabid or Settler? (In Overall condi builds)

It all depends on your build and playstyle, you want to be more tankier ? use Dire. Rabid if you want more crit shance. Settler if you intend to build for regeneration

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Cryostasis.7680

Cryostasis.7680

When I started running a condi ranger in wvw solo roaming I’ve made a dire armor, dire weapons, dire/rabid amulets build. However, after I played for weeks on end in pvp the same build with rabid amulet I just switched the wvw build to have rabid stats for armor and weapons. I just like to melt things faster now and I’m more proficient with the build – after playing it for quite some time – that I don’t need the extra vitality due to me cleansing the condis pretty efficiently. In the end it’s all about your comfort zone with the build.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The recent survival the fittest Condition Ranger is pretty good against most classes
“1 on 1” Excellent condition reapplication ability and excellent cleanse, reasonable sustainability with lots of dodges and protection on roll.

However, when put into a group fight (3 v 3 or more), it suddenly becomes much less effective. It is vulnerable to focus fire and chain CC in a group fight. The condition is more easily cleansed by Warriors, ele, and engi too. (aoe condition removal)
I do not suggest this spec to put into a big scale fight because a decent premade will absolutely destroy you with chain CC :/

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The recent survival the fittest Condition Ranger is pretty good against most classes
“1 on 1” Excellent condition reapplication ability and excellent cleanse, reasonable sustainability with lots of dodges and protection on roll.

However, when put into a group fight (3 v 3 or more), it suddenly becomes much less effective. It is vulnerable to focus fire and chain CC in a group fight. The condition is more easily cleansed by Warriors, ele, and engi too. (aoe condition removal)
I do not suggest this spec to put into a big scale fight because a decent premade will absolutely destroy you with chain CC :/

On the other hand ranegrs are used to that arent they? Even with my power ranger(heh) I do not take on the melee train, I take on the squishies on the outside, and that would still be very possible with condi ranger I think.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

For me ranger isn’ t a balanced class.
It’ s totally broken.
No survival skills, No decent F skills ( if our pets die we can’ t use our lame F skills LOL ) No matter what build you play all the other professions if played decently they’’ll stomp ranger.
Rangers been waiting for some love for our class ( The longbow isn’ t balanced at all becouse you have 0 survival if you use it, whereas other classes despite running zerg builds have many survival skills too : balance stances, stealth and so on) and this love never came.
So man my suggestion is : Don’ t play ranger. It will never be competitive.

A strong warrior will stomp a strong ranger, a strong ele will stomp a strong ranger,and so on…

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

It’ s totally broken.
No survival skills, No decent F skills ( if our pets die we can’ t use our lame F skills LOL ) No matter what build you play all the other professions if played decently they’’ll stomp ranger.
Rangers been waiting for some love for our class ( The longbow isn’ t balanced at all becouse you have 0 survival if you use it, whereas other classes despite running zerg builds have many survival skills too : balance stances, stealth and so on) and this love never came.

A strong warrior will stomp a strong ranger, a strong ele will stomp a strong ranger,and so on…

Have you ever played ranger?

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

aspirine.6852

It’ s totally broken.

Lol, I dont even know what to say.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

It’ s totally broken.

I’m not sure if your serious or not. No survival skills? On my LB/GS ranger, I have LR, SS, ROA (or entangle depending on my mood), a stealth, a knockback and a cripple. Then my pets have a knockdown and fear (wolf) and usually either another fear/kd (hound) or spider imm. if my 2nd is a sword, i have a double leap to get distance, an evade, and whatever else its complement weapon has (usually i run dagger for another evade and crip). GS has a daze, a leap to get away and a block. A Thats alot of survivability right there. not too mention i’m doing all my damage from range.

In spvp, a LB/x ranger will completely destroy a necro, mez, some eles and engs. The only thing my lb has issues with are thieves (no chance against a good one) and a med guard. Warriors are about even, depending on their spec.

On my condi ranger (melee meta condi for most part) it almost flips. I eat thieves, eles and engs. warriors(power/condi) are about even depending on their build. necros eat me alive depending on their spec. Mez are an issue if i’m drunk or not paying attention to where they are in then clone spam.

Now in a team enviroment, its different for a ranger, as you always have bodies flocking to you. No real team support (HS i guess, but meh) unless your a spirit spec.
LB (and condi) have 0 team support for the most part.

Basicially on a LB ranger, if you allow a melee to get close to you, you deserve to die.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Ignore Darkness. (Look at his post history)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Ignore Kraljevo

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys, i have another doubt

Is shortbow a viable condi weapon, in any build? Or the best setup for condi ranger is axe/dagger and sword/torch?

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Hey guys, i have another doubt

Is shortbow a viable condi weapon, in any build? Or the best setup for condi ranger is axe/dagger and sword/torch?

In my experience shortbow works better if you want better sustained bleeds and/or if you want to do a spike bleed setup (Entangle + close range Poison Volley and Splitblade to proc Sharpened Edges up to 10 times + Geomancy Sigil). Sword/Torch + Axe/Dagger works better if you like chaining evades a lot while striking them with poisons and letting your fire field on torch #5 do its magic on point. Good against melee heavy builds. Shortbow works a bit better when going against ranged opponents or those that run away a lot.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV3fjEq0xaLL2sQ1aADhqdLEslArAwdN8CXdJrIK-TJRFwAAeCARLDg4iAka/BA
From my experience on this build in 1v1 situations:

Other rangers – if you get in range with power LB, you win. Condition builds 50/50, unless with sword, that will kill you.

Elementalists – dd cele ele kills you, df and sf should kill you, rest die to you.

Thieves – if you see a thief coming at you, it’s 50/50, if he jumps you, he wins.

Warriors – full zerker that pops Berserker Stance at the beggining should kill you. Every other builds should die. Hambow is annoying, shoutbow cele takes ages to kill.

Necromancers – MM dies to entangle, power builds kill you only in DS or Lich Form. Terrormancer will kill you if you can’t break the fear.

Guardians – I never died to a guardian if I didn’t make a mistake.

Mesmers – dodge the Phantasmal Berserker and you win. If they pop Polymorph Moa they should kill you.

Engineers – turreteer will kill you. Bunkers take ages to kill, but they shouldn’t be a problem.

Celestial scrubs, just die already…

(edited by Pewienpan.5168)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Currently, there is no iteration of a sb build that I would consider viable. The reason I say this is because lb > sb for power (I think we all agree on that) and because although sb does have a lot of sustained pressure, you ALWAYS are pulling bleeds to the top of the clear list so if you manage to get a good number of stacks on someone they should just cleanse it. The issue with a/d is that you have to be a bit riskier in terms of positioning for team fights (but if the fight gets too big you can just bail and go 1 v 1). Which is why I think a/d can work because you can go 1 v 1 most of the time and because you don’t bring as much to a teamfight as a ranger with a sb compared to any of the other 3 cele classes. So if you can’t 1 v 1… why are you playing condi then?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjEqUxa/KusQ1aABhaVA0uGS271dPcDfdBraA-TZhGwATLDY4MAQ4gAA4BAQa/BA

This is what I have been messing with. From my experience:

Beats:
Other rangers (condi v condi is often determined by RNGesus).
Elementalist (out pressures them on point and out sustains).
Engineer (easy)
Warrior (shoutbow can be tough but so far only the best have just completely shut it down).
Necro (as long as you dodge the transfers)
Mesmer (easy)
Thief (just gotta land some splitblade or entangle).
Guardians (easy)

There are some iterations of this build that I think would be superior to what I have posted.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Currently, there is no iteration of a sb build that I would consider viable. The reason I say this is because lb > sb for power (I think we all agree on that) and because although sb does have a lot of sustained pressure, you ALWAYS are pulling bleeds to the top of the clear list so if you manage to get a good number of stacks on someone they should just cleanse it. The issue with a/d is that you have to be a bit riskier in terms of positioning for team fights (but if the fight gets too big you can just bail and go 1 v 1). Which is why I think a/d can work because you can go 1 v 1 most of the time and because you don’t bring as much to a teamfight as a ranger with a sb compared to any of the other 3 cele classes. So if you can’t 1 v 1… why are you playing condi then?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjEqUxa/KusQ1aABhaVA0uGS271dPcDfdBraA-TZhGwATLDY4MAQ4gAA4BAQa/BA

This is what I have been messing with. From my experience:

Beats:
Other rangers (condi v condi is often determined by RNGesus).
Elementalist (out pressures them on point and out sustains).
Engineer (easy)
Warrior (shoutbow can be tough but so far only the best have just completely shut it down).
Necro (as long as you dodge the transfers)
Mesmer (easy)
Thief (just gotta land some splitblade or entangle).
Guardians (easy)

There are some iterations of this build that I think would be superior to what I have posted.

Is the oakheart salve/settler’s amulet combo really worth it? I’m currently running a carrion amulet with poison master as the WS grandmaster trait, but the healing power route is interesting. Also, what is your opinion as a bird pet in this build? I’ve been trying it out lately and have found it to be quite useful to keep pressure on squishier classes when LOS’ing.

(edited by BolshoiBooze.3406)

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Is the oakheart salve/settler’s amulet combo really worth it? I’m currently running a carrion amulet with poison master as the WS grandmaster trait, but the healing power route is interesting. Also, what is your opinion as a bird pet in this build? I’ve been trying it out lately and have found it to be quite useful to keep pressure on squishier classes when LOS’ing.

I don’t think its possible to sustain against things like d/d ele without the regen and the settlers. The lack of condi damage isn’t that noticeable. Though I should mention NATURES BOUNTY (added regen duration should be used) because you get near perma regen from the 1 in NM and oakheart salve. I’m not sure what adept I put in NM for the link but It should be that and I can’t check it atm. I’ve tried carrion and i’ve tried rabid and I felt I had a very small window to kill the ele before I got out sustained. With settlers if they mess up then I can kill them nearly as quickly but I can sustain for minutes with the regen. The issue is that this version doesn’t really stand up to condi classes too well. By iterations that could work, I was thinking double spiders with malicious training so you don’t mess up your bleed covers by procing keen edge at the wrong time… or maybe using poison master and healing spring.

As for pets, I stick to canines, spiders, and the river drake. You might be able to get away with a glassier pet but even tankier pets can have be killed within that 20s swap that would make me hesitant to use them. Moreover, drake provides ALOT of damage for how tanky it is and the spider’s and canine’s lock down can be used to get a guaranteed point blank split blade and can force them to blow their cool downs which can allow you to win the fights easier with entangle. That is something that the other pets can’t do and which is why I suggest them in builds.

Feel free to change what you like I think there is still potential to be unlocked in condi ranger.

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

WilnerGW.3275

Guys, talking about stats for WvW roaming again, im not sure about what use :/ i could test all stats(carrion, rabid, dire, settler) but the problem is i only have laurels to buy 1 kind of ascendent amulets, so i need to choise it right.

Im playing SPVP as test, but it doesnt have the Dire amulet, so i cant test it. The settler build should only be used if im running the shout heal build right?

Thats the build im using in PVP:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjEq0yaHLGsQ1aABhaVA0uGS2Wwd+eDfdJrIK-TJRHgADHEAhzAAwDAIc/BA

I didnt put an amulet, cuz thats my doubt. Whats the advantages and disadvantages of all those stats? As an offensive option, Carrion is better imo, since i dont get an benefict of the extra crit chance from rabid, right?

Condi Ranger

in Ranger

aspirine.6852

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV3fjEq0xaLL2sQ1aADhqdLEslArAwdN8CXdJrIK-TJRFwAAeCARLDg4iAka/BA
From my experience on this build in 1v1 situations:

Other rangers – if you get in range with power LB, you win. Condition builds 50/50, unless with sword, that will kill you.

Elementalists – dd cele ele kills you, df and sf should kill you, rest die to you.

Thieves – if you see a thief coming at you, it’s 50/50, if he jumps you, he wins.

Warriors – full zerker that pops Berserker Stance at the beggining should kill you. Every other builds should die. Hambow is annoying, shoutbow cele takes ages to kill.

Necromancers – MM dies to entangle, power builds kill you only in DS or Lich Form. Terrormancer will kill you if you can’t break the fear.

Guardians – I never died to a guardian if I didn’t make a mistake.

Mesmers – dodge the Phantasmal Berserker and you win. If they pop Polymorph Moa they should kill you.

Engineers – turreteer will kill you. Bunkers take ages to kill, but they shouldn’t be a problem.

According to you lots of things kill a condi ranger, yet if I watch Gladomer stream he wins 99% of the fights against the professions you mentioned should kill him(condi immune warrior is the exception, like wilson’s). I dont think I have ever seen him lose from a thief in any fight.