Condition Meele ranger leveling?

in Ranger

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

So ive played around now with a few weps and i find shortbow and Sword dagger to be a cool thing, and as i understand it involved condition, would it work to level with condition?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

So ive played around now with a few weps and i find shortbow and Sword dagger to be a cool thing, and as i understand it involved condition, would it work to level with condition?

Works fine, you might want to try mixing in axe and torch at some point as well, the burning has a pretty long duration.

If you have a decent amount of experience with the combat system in this game it is really fun to take a condi set up into WvW as an uplevel, you can actually pull off some decent condi stats. People will try to gank you and you can load them up with condi’s and evade their attacks and then laugh your kitten off when you kill them.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Im in no way skilled at this game, never tried Ranger before, i just thought it looked cool Sword and dagger had pretty sweet animations

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Direct damage is better in pve as condi. You can level with it but not worth it. Btw short sword is our best dps weapon.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

That weapon setup involves conditions, yes, but they will not likely be your primary source of damage with Sword #1 being our highest (Power) dps weapon.

Shortbow, however, leans a bit farther onto the condition side of things with #1 applying Bleeds if flanking.

What might be worth doing while leveling is prioritizing Power but equipping a Condi Shortbow. Experiment with different setups and see what works.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

There’s nothing wrong with roaming PvE with a condition build while leveling. You may not be going as fast as you can, but you will certainly become more comfortable in your rotations and how to play it. What you learn will translate to PvP or roaming WvW, but in no way will it be a good idea to bring it into dungeons or fractals.

I’ve got my condi survival build in my signature that I use for PvP. I’d suggest looking through the build editor to figure out how you want to play, and build from there as you level. I myself play with axe/dagger and sword/torch.

Roaming PvE though, like on resource runs, I usually just go zerk and grab a longbow mowing down all the raptors I see.