Core Ranger too bad.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Hey guys,

i Play mainly core ranger and i die so freakin often.

Ist just, without HOT you just got no Chance against a Daredevil, a Berserker, a Dragonhunter and so on.

Why anet cant Balance this.

Thanks.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

yeah, core ranger is quite hard to play against new elite. I dont see many people playing core ranger nowsday (I still play core ranger even I have HoT)

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

I do play core, but only with HoT pets, and that makes them a bit more viable.
Dont play druid, cuz nobody in wvw wants to fight me

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

They could balance it, but they don’t want to. Anet is aiming for perfect (or cyclical) imbalance in their PVP.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

They could balance it, but they don’t want to. Anet is aiming for perfect (or cyclical) imbalance in their PVP.

Little do they know it will never work.
… With balance update being no sooner than every 3 months – it will give players enough time to “realize” they literally ignore balance question at hand.

And players believe they want the game to be balanced. Players do not want to wait 12 weeks hoping their class would get updated to fit the meta. They’ll simply ditch it.

Core Ranger enthusiasts have waited 4 years. Nothing happened. I wonder how many Rangers have already abandoned the ship.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I retired my core ranger from WvW. It just hit the point where it seems like it is basically useless there. It now sees service in pretty much only the HoT zones and for doing dailies in PvE land.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

No core class does well against elites. Kinda why they are called elites.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I don’t see how Druid helps all that much over ‘core’ Ranger. I personally can’t find a WvW build I want to run Druid with as almost all effective Druid builds seem to require staff, which is support to me.

This is coming from a roaming perspective. From a zerg perspective, I definitely see Druid being more useful because there you literally are playing support.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

No core class does well against elites. Kinda why they are called elites.

Kinda true.
… But other classes were competitive even without them. Druid’s the only reason why ranger become “wanted”. Not even as powerful as others but since unique – he became helpful.

The gap is just far worse when it comes to our class.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

ANet won’t balance it. If they balanced core vs. elite then there would be no incentive, however tacit, to buy HoT. If you’ve bought HoT, there is very little incentive to stay with core classes.

Just WP after death like you used to before HoT, but a little more often, and don’t let it get to you.

Besides if you’re still playing core Ranger, a little pervasiveness must have built up in you as player over the lifetime of your character. Why else would you do it?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Like someone else said, I do pretty good with the old power ranger build, just with Hot pets. Without the pets, it wouldn’t work too well.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

ANet won’t balance it. If they balanced core vs. elite then there would be no incentive, however tacit, to buy HoT. If you’ve bought HoT, there is very little incentive to stay with core classes.

Just WP after death like you used to before HoT, but a little more often, and don’t let it get to you.

Besides if you’re still playing core Ranger, a little pervasiveness must have built up in you as player over the lifetime of your character. Why else would you do it?

Not sure I agree, for Ranger at least. I don’t run druid in any story content or in roaming wvw. Not enough damage and the traitline doesn’t give me enough in return.

For raids and zerging I can see running druid as the support is obviously way better than core has (for healing at least).

The only thing hot gives you is smokescale which is undoubtedly the best pet in the game.

Core Ranger too bad.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Not sure I agree, for Ranger at least. I don’t run druid in any story content or in roaming wvw. Not enough damage and the traitline doesn’t give me enough in return.

For raids and zerging I can see running druid as the support is obviously way better than core has (for healing at least).

The only thing hot gives you is smokescale which is undoubtedly the best pet in the game.

I can somehow relate to this.
Whenever I was soloing a content – unless it was soloing a champion or a difficult event where I needed to sustain myself through – Druid wasn’t much of help.

Druid is the best traitline we have for support – both offensive and defensive but without anyone to support – it doesn’t feel like “the best” if you know what I mean. But that’s for solo content (that is not deemed competitive and anything might work) only.