Couldn't be the druid also the tank in raids?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Just a thought but because all the healing + mobility it would be difficult not to keep the boss where it should belong. If he can keep up the astral nightmare up the druid can make up for the lack of a high hp pool or heavy armor.

Also the boons the druid provide are better suited for the DPS team instead just buffing the support toons. So staying close to the boss would be easier for the druid to keep up a healthy grace of the land.

This would make easier for the druids to play raids, the ridiculous lack of damage in the staff could be easily ignored because his job is actually tank and heal. They could be free to actually use clerics or similar instead going full glass.

I mean even is Aney correct the CAF#1 and CAF#2 and boost the CAF#5 to have some impact in the break bar it would be the obvious choice…

What do you think?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s been done successfully before by other groups. The issue here is like everything else, it takes a certain type of person with high situational awareness and skill to do it, with the usual dose of coordination and understanding of the entire group. Typically, most people can’t cut it being both.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

its possible for the druid to play both tank and healer in raids during the same encounter, like gorseval, which is usually what ppl do

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore