Crazy Redesign idea. MUST SEE (for fun)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Alright, so I think we have been approaching ranger suggestions and reworks from the wrong perspective. I have an idea that will totally blow the minds of the devs and every ranger out there.

Do you want to keep your pet, but have that pet be fully functional, but also be able to play as an archer, or melee, or however you wish to play, without feeling kitten?

Well look no further, because #rangermount2014 is here!

That’s right, I’m suggesting that instead of being 2 separate entities, that we get rid of our pets health, get on top of them, and ride them around like the kittenes we were meant to be.

Now, I’m sure people out there are going “well we’d love mounts, but we don’t want to sacrifice our pet for a cosmetic effect.” Well I’m here to tell you you’re wrong, it isn’t just a cosmetic effect, and you clearly don’t like nice things.

The pet would still have it’s own built in auto attack! If you got into melee range, the pet will bite and claw at your enemies! Now all you have to do, is move a single entity around the screen, just like every other character, dodges and everything, shooting your bow or going melee, and when you go melee, your pet attack!

Still want functional pets? The F2 functions are there! What happens to beastmastery? It becomes dedicated to making you better at melee, and your pet doing more damage and cooler things, like giving you boons whenever it bites chunks out of the enemy!

No more having to rely on server lag to use pet F2 skills, no more damage split and bad scaling coefficients, the ability to effectively play however you choose, whether it be melee, archer, or other? Well now you can!

Just make a push for #rangermount2014! For everything we’ve ever wanted as rangers, without any of the BS we currently have.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

10/10 would ride my Moa into battle with my greatsword swinging wildly.

in Ranger

Posted by: joga.8972

joga.8972

1/10 worst idea in a long time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Agree wit joga… worst idea in a very lonbg time… Me as a charr would squish mos of my pets if I sat on them.

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Mortec.5684

Mortec.5684

What happens when the Devourer burrows!? O_o

Otherwise, I welcome all ideas to the Ranger class

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Obviously it’s just a for fun idea. No serious idea in the history of forever has ever made a good argument when using a hashtag.

Lighten up, the ranger forum doesn’t always have to be filled with dozens of topics where users express how ready they are to slit their wrists over the class.

Have some fun

The idea of riding a bear into battle, Greatsword held high, swinging away while the bear mauls peoples faces off, is clearly one made for pure enjoyment, and nothing beyond that

It isn’t like I’m suggesting an original idea here either, LoL and Dota both have heroes/champions that ride around on their “pets,” as does Maplestory (I know it isn’t the best MMO example, but still lol).

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

What happens when the Devourer burrows!? O_o

Otherwise, I welcome all ideas to the Ranger class

You go along for a ride haha

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Putin plays a ranger, /nod

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Putin plays a ranger, /nod

Putin for Ranger Dev at Anet- yes please. He has the knowledge, man of nature, tamer of beasts, more macho than Chuck Norris on an Iron Horse. Rangers would be OP under his guidance. Anet- give this man a job Pl0x.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

in Ranger

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Personally, I’d prefer they get rid of the pets all together or have some trait that when taken gets rid of the pets but rather grant you always on buffs(similar to food buffs except always on while that pet is slotted) depending on which pets you have slotted as well as the F1/F2 attacks of that pet as an attack coming from you instead.

It could be some sort of “wereform” skill that lets you take on the attributes and gain the attacks of that pet as the F1/F2 skill.

That would make for tons of build diversity based on specific pets.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Even if the devs would disagree, this would still make an awesome elite skill, imagine running your boar and ramming through a zerg of enemies, then swapping to wolf and using fear?

I can almost hear commanders rethinking their strategies based on the above alone, I say give us 20 gold each to join your guild /booyah.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z