D-Day 15th Nov!!

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I have a strange gut feeling that its going to be delayed once again… crap I hope I’m wrong.

Ive been having htat same feeling, but I doubt it will be delayed because its coming with a content patch. Its too massive for them to delay unless something went terribly wrong.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rthen.5970

Rthen.5970

The class is broken as is currently and considering how low the replay value is leveling additional characters is a lot more painful. My level 10 ele will take a good 3 or 4 months at this rate because when I can’t get a dungeon group on my Ranger who is max level with completed story I play him for a bit, get bored, then watch TV.

Rthen
80 Ranger

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I too shelved my Ranger and have been playing a Necro and Guardian since. But I find myself combing thru the Ranger forums more and more the closer we get to patch day. Here’s hoping we see some awesome changes!!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rthen.5970

Rthen.5970

Well patch day = here

and.. no patch.

and.. no patch.I bet the patch goes in with no Ranger changes since Anet will find out that the changes might upset die hard Warrior and Thief players who don’t want competition.

and.. no patch.I bet the patch goes in with no Ranger changes since Anet will find out that the changes might upset die hard Warrior and Thief players who don’t want competition.Hopefully I am wrong.

and.. no patch.I bet the patch goes in with no Ranger changes since Anet will find out that the changes might upset die hard Warrior and Thief players who don’t want competition.Hopefully I am wrong.

Rthen
80 Ranger

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

No patch because the scheduled patch time is 3PM EST.

Even a cynical bastid like myself won’t begrudge them releasing at the time they said they would.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorian.4028

Lorian.4028

Nice, where can I find this patch schedule?

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

I don’t understand. First time to the forums in a long while.

Why is the Ranger class broken exactly? I play a full exo’ed Condi/Trap Ranger with double canines and I rarely have problems with anyone. I have a friend who also plays a ranger that doesn’t seem to share in the same woe’s as I’m reading on these forums either. The only profession that frustrates me at all is the thief and that is solely due to my hatred of stealth mechanics.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Yeah, I had fun on my lvl 80 Thief for awhile, ran a rew dungeons, etc, tried a DB / condition build, then a BS / crit build, then got kind of bored with it. I found myself switching to short bow more often than not, but still seemed sort of meh. So I decided to roll a Ranger, hoping to be more of a true long range dmg class, then started reading about how lackluster the Ranger is, so I guess I’m hoping for some decent changes as well. I’d be happy if all they did was increase the dmg of the longbow and greatsword and make the pets a little more useful. It’s not that you can’t be successful playing a Ranger, some things just need tweaking. And it’s not that I wasn’t successful playing a Thief, it just seemed somewhat spammy. And you don’t have to be a “stealth” Theif either, you and be condition or rely on evades and dodging, or whatever. I personally didn’t care for the stealth builds. For some reason Thief just got old. I have a lot more fun on Ranger, but I’m only leveling. Like many have said, it’s another ball game when your’re playing end game content.

(edited by Valdoron.7821)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

I’m also a cond/traps/crit ranger and there’s no problem with that build. The problem is that it’s pretty much the only viable build. Pretty much every class has an interesting ways to build and spec and use weapon skills. But with rangers it’s crit/cond, and auto-attack FTW.

That’s what’s supposed to be worked on.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Servant.4891

Servant.4891

When is the Update? Today ok, but what time?

(edited by Servant.4891)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

45 minutes?

But I wouldn’t expect a miracle patch. Truth be told Anet has a lot on its plate and every class has bugs and issues. Tweaks and fixes will probably be a long time coming.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

Not sure why all the speculation… Peters already told us the main things that would be tweaked and essentially this is all he really said:

Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits.
Improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.

Those are the only areas he went into detail on. Not sure why some people are so confused about it. It’s already clear there will not be a major over-haul, so I would not cancel your plans to roll a Thief or a Warrior if you have them. It’s also clear there will be substantial tweaking to the areas mentioned. And if we are surprised by more than that, then great.

He did say he could not give it all away since it would be a spoiler and he did mention “significant Ranger improvements” then went into some small detail on some of those fixes. So while I don’t think it will be as major as some are hoping, I do think we will see some things fixed that have been very annoying. I’m still rolling a Warrior though.

(edited by Valdoron.7821)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I fully expect to see in the patch notes: “Ranger changes will not be in this patch due to….insert excuse here
Warrior: rifle range increased 200, bleed duration increased 5% damage increase for ranged weapons.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

I’m definitely rolling a Warrior now! lol

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ninjah.6298

Ninjah.6298

Not sure why all the speculation… Peters already told us the main things that would be tweaked and essentially this is all he really said:

Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits.
Improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.

Those are the only areas he went into detail on. Not sure why some people are so confused about it. It’s already clear there will not be a major over-haul, so I would not cancel your plans to roll a Thief or a Warrior if you have them. It’s also clear there will be substantial tweaking to the areas mentioned. And if we are surprised by more than that, then great.

He did say he could not give it all away since it would be a spoiler and he did mention “significant Ranger improvements” then went into some small detail on some of those fixes. So while I don’t think it will be as major as some are hoping, I do think we will see some things fixed that have been very annoying. I’m still rolling a Warrior though.

Please do not bring reality and facts into a ‘Ranger is Broken’ thread.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I dont know why, but i dont expect a lot of great changes for the ranger,, because they need a lot of changes for shut up the haters of this profesions on the game… not a few… i feeling sad when all people are makings jokes and saying bullkitten about the rangers because anyone want they…

I dont want change profesion because it isnt useful,, i want play ranger because i like but its hard in the last days…

In pve the ranger is not bad, you can get away playing a glass cannon guild (most professions can’t) and the dmg output is about equal to a tankish warrior. To fix this longbow dmg needs to be increased a bit. The main problem is with the pets, utility skills and other weapons. (not that there are no good utility skills, just not a lot of them)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I’m definitely rolling a Warrior now! lol

I made a warrior alt “just in case” and I have to tell you it’s pretty stronk :-)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Where does it say patch day is on the 15th? All I know is the free trials start today, but I don’t remember seeing anything saying that, yes, it’s also the day where the patch comes out.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

kittentorm in a view minutes inc.
(if patch really is comming then)

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

@Ursan, I agree, I would normally assume the patch would come out on the 16th which is the day of the first event. Unless someone saw something I did not.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

I dunno, the more I level my Ranger and see these Warriors out in the field one-shotting mobs dead with their swords, the more I still just wanna roll a Warrior.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I dunno, the more I level my Ranger and see these Warriors out in the field one-shotting mobs dead with their swords, the more I still just wanna roll a Warrior.

I thought that too… until I watched a GC warrior get swallowed whole by a mob of 6 branded during an event nearly costing us. (forget name of event but its defending some iron legion centurian. Two hallways, since there was only two of us we each took a hall).

I had to switch over pulling the 6 I was working on to the 4 left standing on his side. Two pet swaps later and a healing spring or two I had all 10 mobs down and was rezzing the rather embarrassed warrior. Rangers are the gods of PvE.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

Maybe your right, but then why do you have threads like this one https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update/first where so many Rangers (literally 12 pages of them) are complaining that they are weak, have no useful skills, and have useless pets to boot? I don’t get it. I also don’t know since my Ranger is only level 20. I have an 80 thief and wanted something that could dish out dmg at range.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

4 PM EST, no update notes?

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

DaisyRogers.6837

Maybe your right, but then why do you have threads like this one https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update/first where so many Rangers (literally 12 pages of them) are complaining that they are weak, have no useful skills, and have useless pets to boot? I don’t get it. I also don’t know since my Ranger is only level 20. I have an 80 thief and wanted something that could dish out dmg at range.

Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to the update along with every other ranger die hard. I am just tired of all the wining of oh noes my ranger got splatterized because I made it a GC. YES, our GC build currently is kitten, avoid the time being til they play with numbers. Condition is highly viable, and quite frankly the tank build is one of the most fun ones I have played out of any class. This again is my opinion. The GC build will be fixed. They know people are upset. The 50,000+ new wine posts a day let them know.

I was just pointing out that those shiny GCs that everyone and their bloody uncle fauns over on these forums die way to freakishly easy leaving it up to my rock hard kitten to rez over and over. I honestly just wish I could get points racked up on events for all the bloody healing I do and that it wasn’t left to just DPS to determine if I helped or not. Same goes for PvP, if healing and team support with buffs were actually rewarded (SWTOR IMO did an amazing job of this in their pvp (objective based, but you still got points for protecting and healing, and if you did a lot to actually help the team you were voted up as team MVP and got extra reward) there would be a much wider diversification from pew pew yay numbers.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Pretty sure it’s going to be Nov 16 @ noon with the rest of the update.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Servant.4891

I agree with that, in PVE the ranger is super fun and my favorite class so far, but in WvSW or Spvp, the ranger need be more relevant like the other profesions, like the warrior with a hit of her rifle make 16.000 of damage, its crazy , only 1 hit… more things… mesmers and thiefs in mobs for all places, thief several damage and the best defense of the game (invisible and teleleporting all time), the mesmer i dont know to say much, all people call mesmer or thief for spvp o maybe a guardian….. so repetitive because all the people go to the overpower… and the ranger is a nice class but weak when you see other class, on pve also have a negative point, when i try to farm all guardians and warriors make a lot aoe damage and my traps and my greatsword or other things dont make that damage…

Anyway we need more different useful build, only damage build with Zephyr, bleed stone , etc.. or traps build… the others: spirits, signets and pet skills need a lot of changes to be choosen by the people, or not change but add more skills to give variety, beacuse 75% of the rangers skills of today only can be used if you are specialized in one, and all the trait for specialized are the last ones..

(edited by Servant.4891)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

That’s what I’m thinkin.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

DaisyRogers.6837

Those 16K hitting warriors are the ones I am constantly scraping off the sidewalk and piecing back together. Role I’ve picked up for WvW, buffing the team and scraping dumb kitten GCs. People are only as useful as people allow their builds to be. Currently (And I mean CURRENTLY) our spike build doesn’t compete, smart thing to do would be to switch to something that does. Not march it onto the field of battle over and over and over and fricken over to get plastered. You have to adapt to overcome.

Like I said, if ANET really wants people to stop OMGing over numbers, support needs to be rewarded more in the magical gauge of how much people contribute to pvp and events.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Those 16K hitting warriors are the ones I am constantly scraping off the sidewalk and piecing back together. Role I’ve picked up for WvW, buffing the team and scraping dumb kitten GCs. People are only as useful as people allow their builds to be. Currently (And I mean CURRENTLY) our spike build doesn’t compete, smart thing to do would be to switch to something that does. Not march it onto the field of battle over and over and over and fricken over to get plastered. You have to adapt to overcome.

Like I said, if ANET really wants people to stop OMGing over numbers, support needs to be rewarded more in the magical gauge of how much people contribute to pvp and events.

Hit somebody 3-5 times while they are downed? 5 points, sometimes 10 skirmisher points if you are lucky. Hold three people at their own Lord base for five minutes while your team caps everything? The only points you get are possibly for kills, which is unlikely if you are holding them and trying to survive.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Silk.2813

Silk.2813

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/The-most-important-change-for-sPvP

Scroll down to the third developer post and he says it is today. It was also on the homepage as coming out on the 15 for a few weeks but i haven’t seen it since they started talking about The lost shores.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

I plan not to approach this very optimistically. I feel like it’s going to be lackluster.

I’m with you here.. I’ve been burned in the past from several other game updates that I was excited about only to be a big let down. I would rather by shocked with awesome changes then be bummed.

This update will be the the make or break deal for my GW2 membership or whatever you want to call it seeing as it’s free to play.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Stowing your pet is now a perma-stow until you explicitly recall it.
Doing so increases all damage thingies by 33%.

Longbow now outranges anything else in the game (eg engineers throwing shizz)

Pets bow all attack on the move and all attacks have a 600 damage range minumum

Pets now have a passive AoE resistance / mitigation

Pet specials dont randomly take 1-5 seconds to actually cast

Canine Ranger pets can sniff out invisibles

That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

Pretty sure it’s going to be Nov 16 @ noon with the rest of the update.

The Dev said the 15th. I would think that they would want to iron this out before the event.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

Build should be going live in an hour, maybe an hour and a half. (Between 3:15 and 3:45 PST)

Source: Jonathan Sharp on livestream just now.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Valdoron.7821

Hell naw. What, and not have the fun of figuring out what changes we need to make to our weapons and/or traits and/or skills while trying not to miss out on the DE’s taking place? That would be no fun.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

5:42PM Eastern Time here….and I am Patching

O.o

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Aaaah… 0kb/s!! D={ To endure no power!

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Seems like its only sPvP map/updates unless there’s more to it than the notes indicate…..still haven’t given up hope though =)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: dubwise.3941

dubwise.3941

I am not getting anything. Connection error(s)…… was always going to be a kittene storm.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: junglewolf.3957

junglewolf.3957

Currently patching. my fingers crossed hoping i will not be disappointed and even if I’m, I’m sure my warrior alt will make me happy in WVW.

grunt with me if you are a yak.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

krojack.4920

Seems like its only sPvP map/updates unless there’s more to it than the notes indicate…..still haven’t given up hope though =)

Yeah this is what I’m expecting. I really don’t expect any class fixes with this patch. Most of those are at the start of the week during normal patching time. It will more or less be a patch to activate the new content The Lost Shore. If it does have class fixes I’ll be surprised. Here’s to hoping I’m wrong though.

Edit: typos!

(edited by krojack.4920)

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

MeGaZlo.9516

I’m afraid that if the rangers do not see fixes in this time too – they will gobble John with giblets. :’(

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bearzu Smash.5962

Bearzu Smash.5962

I’d feel bad saying “I told you so”, but…

Bearzu Smash! - A Blog of a Bear of Very Little Brain
Thorn - A full-length GW2 novel in progress very nearly complete NOW FINISHED! Long gone.

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

Servant.4891

error of conexion here!! ;D

just post it and it run well hehe, i cant wait to see my ranger changes!!

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

MeGaZlo.9516

All got ready procreate the “WTF” posts……….

D-Day 15th Nov!!

in Ranger

krojack.4920

I’d feel bad saying “I told you so”, but…