Datamined soulbeast traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I saw the traits in the wiki just now.

And so died the hope that shapeshifting might be one of the unrevealed ones.

That’s two for two in disappointing elite specs for ranger.

Considering how many different pets we already have and will get in the future, shapeshifting would have been too huge an undertaking to achieve visually. And why are some people so hung up on the whole shapeshifting thing anyway? I’m honestly curious here.

They want the game to sacrifice it’s identity so that they can play a ripoff WoW shrugs

Let’s not seriously pretend that our Druid wasn’t heavily inspired by WoW’s druid with it’s focus on healing and zapping moonbeams and lunar energy all over the place.

We even turn into a spirit wisp with our staff.

Are you sure it wasn’t DnD? Or literally any other Role-playing game even before the era of digital gaming that had Druids?

I’ve played DnD before, zapping moonbeams around wasn’t really what they did. Frankly, they didn’t do much of anything useful for a longtime compared to other casters.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/druidSpells.htm

Druids in reality have a huge focus on lunar cycles and astral bodies, so I assumed that’s where they kinda got the moon laser things from.

And as someone who plays DnD Druids quite excessively I can safely say they focus way more on transforming into things, summoning stuff, and then spells to utilize plants or the elements.

Kinda upset our Druid doesn’t do any of the non astral stuff with staff/human form glyphs.

I mean it’s definitely possible but WoW is the 30 million active player elephant in the room and lunar themes play heavily into their druid via the connection to Night Elf lore the class has.

It’s likely not the only influence but it’s hard to say that there was no influence either. I’d even go so far as to say the WoW Death knight probably helped shape what Reaper became (at least while wielding a GS).

Oh I’m positive there was at least a little influence for both of those from wow, however, WoW Druid uses moon stuff significantly less than our Druid, they’ve got like, 4-5 spells tops that deal with the moon and sun and all of them are offensive.

All their heals are more plant based/growth based.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Considering how many different pets we already have and will get in the future, shapeshifting would have been too huge an undertaking to achieve visually. And why are some people so hung up on the whole shapeshifting thing anyway? I’m honestly curious here.

They want the game to sacrifice it’s identity so that they can play a ripoff WoW shrugs

Let’s not seriously pretend that our Druid wasn’t heavily inspired by WoW’s druid with it’s focus on healing and zapping moonbeams and lunar energy all over the place.

Are you sure it wasn’t DnD? Or literally any other Role-playing game even before the era of digital gaming that had Druids?

I’ve played DnD before, zapping moonbeams around wasn’t really what they did. Frankly, they didn’t do much of anything useful for a longtime compared to other casters.

Druids in reality have a huge focus on lunar cycles and astral bodies, so I assumed that’s where they kinda got the moon laser things from.

And as someone who plays DnD Druids quite excessively I can safely say they focus way more on transforming into things, summoning stuff, and then spells to utilize plants or the elements.

Kinda upset our Druid doesn’t do any of the non astral stuff with staff/human form glyphs.

I mean it’s definitely possible but WoW is the 30 million active player elephant in the room and lunar themes play heavily into their druid via the connection to Night Elf lore the class has.

It’s likely not the only influence but it’s hard to say that there was no influence either. I’d even go so far as to say the WoW Death knight probably helped shape what Reaper became (at least while wielding a GS).

Oh I’m positive there was at least a little influence for both of those from wow, however, WoW Druid uses moon stuff significantly less than our Druid, they’ve got like, 4-5 spells tops that deal with the moon and sun and all of them are offensive.

It’s funny that the two are inverted from what they should be.

Moonskin druids should be the ones healing with Sailormoon powers and GW2 druids should be the one’s healing with green plant energy.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If Swoop is OP then why isn’t GS OP?

because it takes up an entire weapon slot. this is just an ability you can have on top of a full loadout. you can build a bunker Soulbeast with Swoop to disengage if you want, for example.

Until Anet nerf it to the ground like they did to Druid back when HoT launch lolz..

what the hell are you talking about? you realize druid remains in the pvp A tier as we speak? the minstrel druid is in the B tier as support in wvw. druid has been one of the strongest picks in pvp for two years now, and all the adjustments it received were necessary due to how broken it was.

I’m not quite as optimistic as Mistsim here, but the guy has been playing Ranger and posting in these very forums for at least four years; I find it funny that he’s being accused of being new to the class because he sees merit in the elite spec.

Soulbeast will have its place, I’m sure.

appreciate this. I don’t necessarily enjoy saying that I’ve put out multiple well received guides and clips under my main Ikiro, or played at the top mmr for years, and did gvg with some of the top guilds in the game (not on the ranger). it’s all good though, maybe I’ve gotten bad. I just feel the rangers forums are especially dominated by a handful of really negative, doomsaying, out of touch players with questionable experience in pvp… I don’t have to point fingers here. and I appreciate the pessimist as well, as long as you’re reasoning your thoughts, and are backed up with experience like Jcbroe and a few others here.

in the end, it doesnt matter. the forums are here for everyone to express their concerns or praises, just dont be rude while doing so.

so I’m not trying to white-knight anything, I’m just optimistic and excited by the possible builds (and I’ve been posting a lot because I’m stressed about exams atm). I have also made it clear that I have almost complete faith in Irenio because I’ve enjoyed his consistent work since the druid was announced. and I see Soulbeast delivering on many levels.

Did you notice at launch our Druid was nerfed so hard that it changed to Adrenaline type of resources for Astral Force because it was too OP back in Beta?
Ofc they changed it back later, but we suffered for awhile at launch cuz Anet didn’t has time to test it properly back in Beta cuz it was too close to the expansion date.

I played HoT day 1 so I know what I’m talking about.

Ofc they “fixed it” abit later, while gutting Lingering Light to be useless in PVP in the process.

My point is Beta Druid is like 10 times stronger than the current one no matter how you say it, so all these new Specialization would be gutted hard sooner or later.
This is my point. Anything that looks too good on ranger will be gutted for sure.

I still remember We Heal as One + Nature Magic were buffed one time to copy boons entirely, and patched it within 24 hrs because it was dimmed too OP lolz….

There were bug about Engineer’s Grenade to do too much damage during a time, there were issues about Revenant and Chrono having too much invulnerable frame at cap point, there were issue about Tempest giving too much heal and protection, and it took Anet 1~2 months to fix it. It took Anet 1 day to gutted down Ranger.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It’s funny that the two are inverted from what they should be.

Moonskin druids should be the ones healing with Sailormoon powers and GW2 druids should be the one’s healing with green plant energy.

Right? I really wish our “human” form glyphs, and then also staff, were way more earthy/plant themed than they are, I think the duality would be cool.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Even digital gaming… 1986? Actually, it was.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Even digital gaming… 1986? Actually, it was.

Ahh, nostalgia! Used to play that one with a friend back in the day on the C64, me as the druid and he played the golem – fun times!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I loved WoW’s druid, some of the best gaming memories of my youth. I always played the Boomkin, even when it was utter trash. kind of reminds me of playing core ranger in GW2 prior to the druid lol. I’m either a masochist, or I just love nature-themed archetypes.

anyway, i was super bummed they didnt release the druid with D3’s redundant necro expansion. so the Soulbeast will have to do. honestly, buffing yourself with your pet’s soul is the next best thing to shapeshifting. i’ll take it. plus I really like GW2’s direction since MO took over, and since Irenio was put in charge of the prof.

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

I still remember We Heal as One + Nature Magic were buffed one time to copy boons entirely, and patched it within 24 hrs because it was dimmed too OP lolz….

Cuz we could stack as many quickness as swiftness, its was completly broken.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

1. It only works on yourself.
2. It’s still awful in PVP because the way of how it works is stupid because you need to burn everything on cd.
3. Grenade bug did like 25k damage when land and it took Anet 2 months or more to deal with it.
4. Revenant and Chrono can 1 v 3 on node and it took Anet 2~3 months to deal with it.
5. Tempest can give a whole party 30+ second of protection per Earth overload and it took Anet 2~3 months to deal with it.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

1. It only works on yourself.
2. It’s still awful in PVP because the way of how it works is stupid because you need to burn everything on cd.
3. Grenade bug did like 25k damage when land and it took Anet 2 months or more to deal with it.
4. Revenant and Chrono can 1 v 3 on node and it took Anet 2~3 months to deal with it.
5. Tempest can give a whole party 30+ second of protection per Earth overload and it took Anet 2~3 months to deal with it.

Could it be possible that those other issues were harder to fix than WHaO since they already had the code for Fortifying Bond they could cut and paste to it?

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

If Swoop is OP then why isn’t GS OP?

because it takes up an entire weapon slot. this is just an ability you can have on top of a full loadout. you can build a bunker Soulbeast with Swoop to disengage if you want, for example.

Until Anet nerf it to the ground like they did to Druid back when HoT launch lolz..

what the hell are you talking about? you realize druid remains in the pvp A tier as we speak? the minstrel druid is in the B tier as support in wvw. druid has been one of the strongest picks in pvp for two years now, and all the adjustments it received were necessary due to how broken it was.

I’m not quite as optimistic as Mistsim here, but the guy has been playing Ranger and posting in these very forums for at least four years; I find it funny that he’s being accused of being new to the class because he sees merit in the elite spec.

Soulbeast will have its place, I’m sure.

appreciate this. I don’t necessarily enjoy saying that I’ve put out multiple well received guides and clips under my main Ikiro, or played at the top mmr for years, and did gvg with some of the top guilds in the game (not on the ranger). it’s all good though, maybe I’ve gotten bad. I just feel the rangers forums are especially dominated by a handful of really negative, doomsaying, out of touch players with questionable experience in pvp… I don’t have to point fingers here. and I appreciate the pessimist as well, as long as you’re reasoning your thoughts, and are backed up with experience like Jcbroe and a few others here.

in the end, it doesnt matter. the forums are here for everyone to express their concerns or praises, just dont be rude while doing so.

so I’m not trying to white-knight anything, I’m just optimistic and excited by the possible builds (and I’ve been posting a lot because I’m stressed about exams atm). I have also made it clear that I have almost complete faith in Irenio because I’ve enjoyed his consistent work since the druid was announced. and I see Soulbeast delivering on many levels.

Did you notice at launch our Druid was nerfed so hard that it changed to Adrenaline type of resources for Astral Force because it was too OP back in Beta?
Ofc they changed it back later, but we suffered for awhile at launch cuz Anet didn’t has time to test it properly back in Beta cuz it was too close to the expansion date.

I played HoT day 1 so I know what I’m talking about.

Ofc they “fixed it” abit later, while gutting Lingering Light to be useless in PVP in the process.

My point is Beta Druid is like 10 times stronger than the current one no matter how you say it, so all these new Specialization would be gutted hard sooner or later.
This is my point. Anything that looks too good on ranger will be gutted for sure.

There were bug about Engineer’s Grenade to do too much damage during a time, there were issues about Revenant and Chrono having too much invulnerable frame at cap point, there were issue about Tempest giving too much heal and protection, and it took Anet 1~2 months to fix it. It took Anet 1 day to gutted down Ranger.

Heimskarl Ashfiend
And you wonder why some think ANET hate’s rangers.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend
And you wonder why some think ANET hate’s rangers.

No. I wonder why people think that ANet hates their class specifically, like they are living in some sort of bubble and cannot see how every class has had its nerfs etc. It’s not like you can’t get on ANY of the other class subforums and see almost daily someone complaining that “ANet hates X” and after any patch it’s been “nerfed into oblivion”. Seriously, by this logic ANet hates every class, how would the game work then?

Sure we take nerfs, as do all classes, it’s called a balance patch. Some things go up, others go down. For some reason, people just cant see past the downs to see the ups, they can’t see the MASSIVE buffs we just got.

Sure we hate it when it happens, and have our moments of frustration. I did recently about signets. I’m now over it and optimistic about them moreso than ever. We adapt and overcome. That’s what a Ranger does. And you know what? We are in the best place we have ever been.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This is far off topic, but I really love GW1, there were so many skills available that when one build was “nerfed” because it was too strong and became the fotm, another would take its place, OP builds were countered specifically by other builds so you simply could not run them anymore, so you had to change out and therefore the counter build had to change as well. There was so much change in GW1 that there was none of this whining when things were modified. I believe this is because of the amount of skills and combinations available, something we don’t have in GW2.

Also, no official forums.