Dear rangers...

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

You need to stop shooting and spamming longbow #4 for doing damage.

Seriously, you need to stop.

You save the enemy from a lot of CC all the time.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

If someone is using #4 in their main rotation I don’t think a note on the forums is going to help much :p

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

lol walk for your kill obviously if everything is in cd the best choice is to press #4. O.o

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

lol walk for your kill obviously if everything is in cd the best choice is to press #4. O.o

Actually, the best choice is to weapon swap to a different weapon and continue DPS with that weapon, while reserving the utility from longbow 4 for when its actually needed o.O

@Topic; I can’t even begin to describe how many times a longbow user has saved an enemy because they decided to knock them away with LB 4 and all of the collapsing group wastes their cooldowns spiking the area where the person used to be, giving the person enough time to escape.

A public service announcement is definitely needed.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This is such an annoying post for me because you have no idea how many times a guardian or warrior has launched foes out of my entangle roots. Yet, only ranger gets the blame for misused CC.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Erro.2784

Erro.2784

I try and save people whenever I can with LB4, but I do consider myself a diplomat on the battlefield.

[VII] – Aurora Glade
VII youtube channel
Erro youtube channel

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I definitely remeber using entangle in the volcano fractal to stop the usain bolts, when a mesmer used GS 5 to shoot him out.

This really woks both ways.

Ranger | Elementalist

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I try and save people whenever I can with LB4, but I do consider myself a diplomat on the battlefield.

If I’m in WvW I’ll normally try to save stragglers with it to save them the date of the Zerg, unless it’s a thief, then it deserves no mercy because 95% of WvW thieves are kitten holes.

@OP: oh rangers are hardly the only ones that do that kitten, I’ve seen more warriors Staggering Blow, Kick, or Stomp enemies out of my eles fields and my rangers roots it’s ridiculous!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Every profession has knock backs and is used by people that aren’t thinking.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Well, not EVERY profession does….

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Well, not EVERY profession does….

lol well everyone but thief and necro but necro has fear which is basically the same sort of thing. The point being, don’t blame the profession for their one knockback that they may or may not use. Anyway, this is an annoying thread.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ll agree to the sentiment that knock back abuse can be annoying. Even while Champ farming people are using knock backs. There’s absolutely no earthly reason for it. I put a remind in chat not to use them but, people still do. It’s certainly not a Ranger issue.

The most practical use I have for them it to prevent a Heal from Guards in WvW. I’d say saving someone from being stomped in WvW but, mostly they’ll be 3 others trying to stomp at the same time.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

So all the classes that AOE knockbacks and you come and complain about a class having a single target knockback.

OP fail on a massive scale

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

This is such an annoying post for me because you have no idea how many times a guardian or warrior has launched foes out of my entangle roots. Yet, only ranger gets the blame for misused CC.

+1

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I occasionally mess up and blow people out of my own entangles :p Fortunately for me they often run back in.

The skill is more than just knocking someone down, its also an interrupt, so there are many instances it is useful like before a big heal etc.

Guardian knockbacks are horrible, seems there is a build out there than can basically chain aoe knockbacks for more or less full stun uptime. I see guardians that spam it in spvp all the time.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I’m a PvPer. If you do this in a dungeon… I will kill you.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Public service announcement should read, if you wish to use a LB roll a Warrior.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Wait, people use LB?

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Wait, people use LB?

It surprises me too. Why would people willingly use a broken weapon outside of RP purposes?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Some people swear by longbow but, honestly, it’s not that great as far as 1v1 goes. It’s pretty good in certain situations with certain teams though.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Dear everyone in every game ever…

Please stop using knockback skills to throw enemies out of my obvious glowing death spell.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Dear everyone in every game ever…

Please stop using knockback skills to throw enemies out of my obvious glowing death spell.

but it’s fuuuuuuuuun

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Luxie.3617

Luxie.3617

I nearly exclusively use #4 to save allies from being stomped, because it doesn’t work when someone’s in my face so i rarely bother, Guardians however seem to love banishing people that are downed and about to be stomped or out of my stunned maul victim, no doubt there are rangers that miss use it, like the amount of great sword mesmers that miss use their knock back or eles that miss use theirs etc etc, blaming the ranger doesn’t much help with the miss guided anti ranger stigma

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I have #4 in auto attack (?)

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dear rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

Longbow #4 = greater range that if someone is using a longbow will cause greater damage and in pvp longbow is best and mostly used on defense or in flanking.. ex. standing on garrison bridge or watergate, sky nuking.