December 14 Patch Notes

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: SuperCrab.5836

SuperCrab.5836

Ranger

Counterattack Kick: This skill now has the same melee arc as other melee attacks.
Dart: This skill is now a leap finisher.
Swirling Strike: This skill is now a whirl finisher.
Shouts will now apply a buff to the ranger’s pet, to make the skills more visible.
Sick ’Em: Decreased the duration to 10 seconds. Increased the damage and move speed from 25% to 40%.
Search & Rescue: Increased the revive rate for this ability.
Search & Rescue: Increased pet movement speed to 25% while under the effects of this shout.
Lick Wounds: Revive rate has been increased.
Signet of the Hunt: Increased the passive movement from 10% to 25%.
Splinter Shot: This skill is no longer able to fire at enemies behind the player.
Compassion Training: Increased the heal amount from 300 to now scale as high as 350 at max level.
Nature’s Protection: Now triggers at 10% damage instead of 20%.
Expertise Training" Increased the amount of condition damage from 100 to now scale as high as 350 at max level.
Moment of Clarity: Now also increases daze and stun duration by 50%.
Beastmaster’s Bond: Now triggers at 50% instead of 25%.
Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Short Bow and Longbow skills by 30%.
Icy Screech: The White Moa activated ability now applies three seconds of chill, which the tooltip now correctly reflects.
Opening Strikes: These now work at any range.
Updated Sun Spirit’s skill fact to include the burning proc duration.
Updated Stone Spirit’s skill fact to include the protection proc duration.
Updated Storm Spirit’s skill fact to include the swiftness proc duration.
Ranger melee pets now have improved melee attacks so they can hit moving targets more easily.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Informer.5213

Informer.5213

Nothing groundbreaking, but it’s definitely not nothing. They’re getting there. Some trait fixes, pet fixes. That’s good. Expertise training might actually be nice now.

All in all, I like it. Not what I was hoping for, but much more than expected. Good job, Anet.

Leoth Shadowclaw – Ranger, Tarnished Coast.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: I Hwi I.3408

I Hwi I.3408

Ranger

Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Short Bow and Longbow skills by 30%.
Ranger melee pets now have improved melee attacks so they can hit moving targets more easily.

These two are enough to satisfy me – spvp-wise!

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Aurum.8793

Aurum.8793

They’re definitely making progress. Glad to see the changes on the melee pets.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I see patch notes but I don’t see any changes in game. What’s going on? I know we wanted patch notes before the patch, but it gives no indication that the patch hasn’t gone out yet or when the patch will go out. I assumed it would go out before shuffle so it didn’t wreck WvW for the day but it seems we aren’t that fortunate. Any idea when rangers won’t run like a slug?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

I see patch notes but I don’t see any changes in game. What’s going on? I know we wanted patch notes before the patch, but it gives no indication that the patch hasn’t gone out yet or when the patch will go out.

Same. No patch but the patch notes are there. I think the Halloween event went live at 6AM UK time, so this patch might go live around that same time?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Does that first point affect Counterattack for GS, Spear or both?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

2nd bullet point. Dart. Which skill is that? Devourers white attacks?

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

They need to hurry up and make these lives so we can see how much 30% projectile speed increase and the pet improvement makes a difference.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

It’s your #3 spear attack.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

It’s the underwater spear attack with the ghost shark
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dart

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Honestly nothing really stands out to me (except projectile speed) but its better then the last lot and its all adding up.

I’ll probably be nice and take my Ranger out to see Wintersday now.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

While it is really nice to see they are making an effort to improve many of the skills which are generally deemed useless I’m not particularly excited about most of this (potentially the pets and arrows hitting moving targets will make me smile).

I can’t help but wonder where the “substantial changes” are. I supposed at this rate they could claim “Substantial Changes” occurred in another 3-4 patches.

I’m not complaining about what is here though.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

looks like medic ranger will be the new ranger FOTM

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Thief stealth speed got increased to 50% lol. throws up

But I do like the stuff they gave us.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

Nothing major but still pretty good. Maybe if the pet attack thing is reliable enough i can actually take advantage of the new shouts a bit.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

What a undeserving buff

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: junglewolf.3957

junglewolf.3957

in case you did not notice, warriors also got
“Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Longbow skills by 30%.”

grunt with me if you are a yak.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

I don’t consider this a buff for ranger at all seeing as theres buffs across the table.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Freezenox.8534

Freezenox.8534

They finally fixed opening strike!

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What a undeserving buff

Considering they were just about to lose their name as the fastest class, I can say the buff wasn’t entirely undeserving. But 50%? I’d have thought 45% would be good enough…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Warrior longbow was underwelming, and the thief Stealth is a trait, competiting with several others. If anything other traits need to be as interesting.

That being said I thought there’d be another Stun breaker added. Oh well.
Gotta test this stuff out if the client wasn’t being stupid as all hell right now.

The great forum duppy.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Using a sword still roots you in place…sigh

Not sure why we have to put up with that when no other class/weapon combo does that.

Please fix.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

What a undeserving buff

Considering they were just about to lose their name as the fastest class, I can say the buff wasn’t entirely undeserving. But 50%? I’d have thought 45% would be good enough…

People shouldn’t be fast when they are invisible and trying to stay hidden it doesn’t even make sense.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

I don’t consider this a buff for ranger at all seeing as theres buffs across the table.

Thief shortbow didn’t get a sped buff, so it’s not across all tables.

And even so, it is a buff for Rangers.

Though, I also don’t see many warriors using their longbows, so it’s not like they got buffed so much as just have a different option from Rifle for “reliable ranged attack.”

This is a momentous buff for Rangers. Don’t cheapen it by being sad that another profession got something similar. I mean, we’re all right with all the passive speed buffs being 25%. Why not this?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Using a sword still roots you in place…sigh

Not sure why we have to put up with that when no other class/weapon combo does that.

Please fix.

uhhh that’s not even a problem, take it off auto attack.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Thief shortbow didn’t get a sped buff, so it’s not across all tables.

And even so, it is a buff for Rangers.

Though, I also don’t see many warriors using their longbows, so it’s not like they got buffed so much as just have a different option from Rifle for “reliable ranged attack.”

This is a momentous buff for Rangers. Don’t cheapen it by being sad that another profession got something similar. I mean, we’re all right with all the passive speed buffs being 25%. Why not this?

I’m not talking about longbow speed or speed buff. Every class got buffs across the table.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Obsidian.1328

What a undeserving buff

So…on the off chance someone might happen to go their direction when they escape, they make so you can’t catch them anyway. :/

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

What a undeserving buff

People shouldn’t be fast when they are invisible and trying to stay hidden it doesn’t even make sense.

People who take that trait (if you didn’t know, it’s a 20 point trait in a defensive tree) are probably more about defense then offence. It does make sense for them to have a speed boost because it encourages thieves to not be glass cannons.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I checked the times they can stealth. The longest is 5 seconds. And it makes sense if you think of their stealth as giving them an adrenaline rush…or the thieves are really ninjas.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Obsidian.1328

Anyone else having issues downloading the client? Mine won’t connect.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Fleet Shadow is in stealth only, from what I understand, it didn’t even work before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Cosmer.4126

Cosmer.4126

still no fix for those obstructed bugs with our bows…..

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: RetiredBard.5294

RetiredBard.5294

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this patch since I’m leveling up my ranger now, but one thing I didn’t expect that kind of disappointed me was that Thief axe attacks became more interruptable, but not Ranger 1h sword attacks. When I picked up my Ranger again several days ago to work on him, I started using the 1h sword instead of the axe mh I’d used previously, and my only real annoyance with it is that you get pretty much locked into the continuing attack animation with it, aside from a couple of actions that can interrupt it. I would love to be able to move freely during the sequence.

Otherwise, I mostly like the patch – although it appears they nerfed my Engineer’s grenade damage to compensate for sigils being functional with kits (unless I read that wrong).

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

now our shots will hit 50% of the time instead of 10%

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Very nice update. Well done. The ones that I love most:
Signet of the Hunt: Increased the passive movement from 10% to 25%.
Opening Strikes: These now work at any range. (worked since last update, but still loving it)

Sounds very promising I was worried the arrows would only get 10% increase and it wouldn’t be enough, but 30% sounds good. Signet of the Hunt will be in my bar for a while to come.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Cosmer.4126

Y 50%?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

In all honesty I was expecting more.

I guess its wait to download patch and see how the changes to the pets affected anything to see if there was “significant quality of life improvements”, cause patch notes was a let down – including with respect to the build diversity department that was claimed to be an issued months ago or the spirits which have not received any decent change despite being wildly recognized as bad (except for the elite one).

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Y 50%?

obstruction is most likely still present but arrow speed is faster now.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

• Ranger
    • The ranger class combines its own innate abilities with the skills of their pets. We’ve balanced the class around the idea that you always have a pet with you to aid in any fight. The fact that the ranger can have multiple pets allows them to combine their pets in ways that most impact the current fight. We want the Ranger to have some of the evasion enjoyed by the Thief, as well as the mobility other classes employ. The class is able to deal physical or condition damage, and it can do this in melee or at range.

… and yet still no fix for the fact that ranger pets die instantly in dungeons, can’t attack from keep walls in WvW, and take 60s to respawn -AFTER- you’ve switched them out, regardless of how long they’ve been dead. Excellent.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

My fingers are still crossed that the 30% missile speed buff will actually do anything. I’m not certain of the physics, but given the wide miss margins before, it seems to me like that should still allow somebody to strafe arrows without dodging at max (1200-1500) range.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: biocide.9186

biocide.9186

so i guessthey didnt fix stow away

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

I’m actually very happy with the changes. All I ever thought was needed was increased arrow speed, and more hits from pets, and even then I was hoping for a 15%-20% increase. 30% makes me very happy.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

My fingers are still crossed that the 30% missile speed buff will actually do anything. I’m not certain of the physics, but given the wide miss margins before, it seems to me like that should still allow somebody to strafe arrows without dodging at max (1200-1500) range.

Damage is technically the same because firing speed is the same. Just more likely to hit now.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Cosmer.4126

Nice to see some buffs to pet atks and function…. But they still die way too easily.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

What about spirits?

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

• Ranger
    • The ranger class combines its own innate abilities with the skills of their pets. We’ve balanced the class around the idea that you always have a pet with you to aid in any fight. The fact that the ranger can have multiple pets allows them to combine their pets in ways that most impact the current fight. We want the Ranger to have some of the evasion enjoyed by the Thief, as well as the mobility other classes employ. The class is able to deal physical or condition damage, and it can do this in melee or at range.

… and yet still no fix for the fact that ranger pets die instantly in dungeons, can’t attack from keep walls in WvW, and take 60s to respawn -AFTER- you’ve switched them out, regardless of how long they’ve been dead. Excellent.

I’m finding it funnier that they said the Warrior should do less damage then Ranger at range.

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

What about spirits?

Still useless.

(im a girl btw)

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

The increase in damage/speed with sic em will make my jellyfish the most OP weapon underwater. :/

December 14 Patch Notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

• Ranger

1. If your pets are dying instantly in dungeons then you are using the wrong pets or not controlling them well.
2. You can’t attack and damage walls in WvW either (without seige) so why should your pet be able to?
3. If you let your pet die or stay dead for a long time, then that is your mistake. You can avoid the 60 second timer most of the time.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast