Dev's I need few question answered.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Q:

Hi, I’ll try to keep it simple and direct and away from starting topic filled with QQ.

Question #1: I need to know will there be any improvements to rangers in terms of condition removal, it’s become extremely hard as ranger in WvW. I’m having real problem vs Mesmers and Necros using both our main condition removal.

One of problems I’ve ran into is vs these 2 classes they destroying my pet’s removing almost all my condition removal at start of the fight. The hybrid mesmer build that does both burst and conditions is major problem for any type of ranger build you throw at them.

Will our condition removal always transfer to our pet, vs these 2 classes we need different type of condition removal to stay in the fight in WvW, SPvP isn’t so bad as my team mates also bring condition removal but in WvW its allot different.

Question #2: Will you be improving Pet AI, I still feel if we had strong pet AI there would be new builds for rangers in WvW. AI currently and I’m sure your aware of it just isn’t cutting it vs a smart player.

And over past few months WvW has changed players are allot better and people have worked out more effective builds so the old AI system doesn’t cut it anymore.

Question #3: Will you guys answer my questions.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

1. No

2. No , if they would give us a working pet ai they would have to give warriors dual greatswords to compensate, (Skip to 11:03) :
Source: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/18/guild-wars-2-the-past-present-and-future-up-at-noon

3. No

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

1. No

2. No , if they would give us a working pet ai they would have to give warriors dual greatswords to compensate, (Skip to 11:03) :
Source: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/18/guild-wars-2-the-past-present-and-future-up-at-noon

3. No

Sad that they seem to think decent AI for pets is something we want but don’t need…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Have you tried a build that focuses more on vitality? Have you utilized evasive purity? How thorough is your testing?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Have you tried a build that focuses more on vitality? Have you utilized evasive purity? How thorough is your testing?

Very, only effective way is using HS but in WvW that gets you killed more often then saves you and the CD is to large.

Evasive Purity is in the wrong trait line, there is no room in builds atm for that trait line. I can’t find any stable builds that are effective. Also I currently run 20k life on my ranger in WvW now just to stay semi in the fight.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The double nerf to Empathetic Bond nerfed us pretty hard…

It also killed any hope that the developers actually know how to fix the Ranger class.

Far as i’m concerned, this game is dead and buried and is just a stepping stone till another game comes along (ESO/CU).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

It also killed any hope that the developers actually know how to fix the Ranger class.

Far as i’m concerned, this game is dead and buried and is just a stepping stone till another game comes along (ESO/CU).

Agreed. Some had suggested for a choice to be a Pure Ranger Class instead of the current Beastmaster where its too dependant on pets to do the other 30% of the Ranger’s dps.
But it wont happen cause in this game…
Rangers = Beastmasters (with broken pet A.I. unless the target is the Practice Golem lol)

edit: I wonder if Dev ever tested Ranger’s Pets against moving targets (players) even with root & snares instead of just practice Golems before they made this game live.
Or they just say “hey Rangers get free auto attack from Pets so lets roll out!…..
Introducing… The Ranger.” pfft lol

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

To offer a counter argument, note that people use Signet of Renewal all the time. That pulls all conditions from ALL nearby allies to the pet. After popping that signet, all you do is swap your pet and you’re golden afaik. Does the pet swap not work?

Truth be told, I haven’t even been using empathic bond at all the last few weeks. In wvw, if I had to use Wilderness Survival traits, I’d rather have bark skin and run with a guardian or necro (if I had a choice) but I’ve been running around WvW for a while now with minimal condition removal. You don’t necessarily need a ton of excess removal.

Regardless, There are other ranger builds. I’ve been meeting more people and learning what they’ve learned about the class. Right now there are successful knights / rabid builds as well as a carrion build I just posted on another thread. I’m sure there’s more I’m unaware of.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Agreed. Some had suggested for a choice to be a Pure Ranger Class instead of the current Beastmaster where its too dependant on pets to do the other 30% of the Ranger’s dps.
But it wont happen cause in this game…
Rangers = Beastmasters (with broken pet A.I. unless the target is the Practice Golem lol)

Actually, I remember reading notes from the game development where they were two separate classes to begin with, but they were later fused together to create our current version of the ranger as well as certain concepts transferring into the warrior longbow.

They did this because, and I’m paraphrasing, but that each class separated on its own felt lacking in certain areas, and the combination of them seemed the best solution. This all happened before beta even came around, so only the devs would know what the original two classes were like on standalone terms.

As far as condition removal goes, MOST (not all) classes could use access to a little more on demand condition removal (from a pvp standpoint). Rangers biggest gimping feature is that they do transfer to the pet, and it creates a masochistic playstyle that doesn’t ideologically promote working with the pet when you are essentially using them as a glorified meatshield (or in this case a condi sponge).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

No
No
No
Unfortunately it’s the Truth.
Remember, we are Destined to be at the Bottom and be Humiliated and to be Stomped all over by others.
Even our pets acknowledges that.
Sadly.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Have you consider using Superior Sigil of Generosity or Superior Sigil of Purity. Yes, You would be giving something up so you need to decide how important it is for you to remove conditions.

You also have the option of using the brown bear.

It comes down to which is more important: Killing or Staying alive.
With that said Sigil of Generosity is the closest thing to both.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Have you consider using Superior Sigil of Generosity or Superior Sigil of Purity. Yes, You would be giving something up so you need to decide how important it is for you to remove conditions.

You also have the option of using the brown bear.

It comes down to which is more important: Killing or Staying alive.
With that said Sigil of Generosity is the closest thing to both.

Both aren’t really on demand condition removals, problem with running Brown Bear is you limit your damage output or CC for the cost of one condition remove. Seems rather pointless when there are many better skills our pets offer.

Signet is 50/50 sure it can clear all your conditions, but up against class that is condition spec’ed they can just re-condition you in matter of seconds leaving you with no condition removal.

I can’t see the sigil really playing that large of a roll, if you watch what order conditions are removed.

Just wait till the Mesmer update on there GS, our condition removal won’t be able to keep up at, vs a good mesmer we going to get destroyed in WvW once they add this update.

Lately at start of fight in WvW within first few seconds I can tell if I’m going to lose or not. Most of the time soon as I watch the conditions there stacking I know its matter of time before I fall, this is versus good players not your avg player.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer