Devs do NOT check forums.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

At least not as anywhere as close to as we believe. In fact, I think perhaps a few GW2 staff members who play ranger might visit the forums, but actual live balance devs? I don’t think your posts are being heard at all guys. You’re just shouting at a wall.

Seriously, I realized there is no point in complaining here. Either leave these boards alone for those who wish to try to salvage this train wreck, or just reroll a new class like I did to level up. Don’t be too attached to something that’s obviously not working out nor going to be worked out. Hell, I have a near full T3 cultural set on my Nordic ranger that cost me 100+ gold, but I happily left it to level my warrior and elementalist.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

The draw back to this is the content of the game is just not that fun, to re level a character um blah. Bad enough did it with two characters.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’m just curious, isn’t feedback exactly what one of the main functions of this forum are? Especially since it is a profession subforum. There are still build threads and video threads and equipment threads peppered in, but I just thought that feedback was also a function of the forum.
I could be wrong about that, so check me if I’m wrong.

I understand there is a debate of how useful doing such a thing on the forums actually is right now, but people paid $60 for this game, and part of that is buying the right to complain on the forums as long as it doesn’t break the code of conduct, or so I think.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I’m just curious, isn’t feedback exactly what one of the main functions of this forum are? Especially since it is a profession subforum. There are still build threads and video threads and equipment threads peppered in, but I just thought that feedback was also a function of the forum.

I understand there is a debate of how useful doing such a thing on the forums actually is right now, but people paid $60 for this game, and part of that is buying the right to complain on the forums as long as it doesn’t break the code of conduct, or so I think.

As long as you are not posting the truth your feed back is welcome on the forum seems to be the motto.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

As long as you are not posting the truth your feed back is welcome on the forum seems to be the motto.

I mean, everybody has an opinion, and everybody has the right to state their opinion. If peoples opinions weren’t true in their own eyes, then they probably wouldn’t have those opinions. People paid for the right to state their opinion on these forums, and need other people to see them and agree with them so that they can feel better about themselves, whether it provides empowerment or satisfaction or whatever (just look at the success of Facebook and Twitter).

A blanket truth though, looking across all of the forums, is that ANet must have dropped the ball SOMEWHERE for so many people to not be satisfied with the game. Regardless if nobody agrees with each other on what things they should be dissatisfied with, it is pretty apparent that something was either done wrong or didn’t meet expectations somewhere.

I agree that if it hasn’t set off a red alarm for the devs yet, than it probably never will. But for a lot of people, the only way to vent their frustrations is to get vocal about said frustrations.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

stop buying gems and those devs will read our posts

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

I doubt they will notice us not buying gems. We are not that big money income. But I will never buy them just to show my protest.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

So…all the whining and moaning might stop? HALLLULYA! You’re saying there’s no point to whine and cry? This is the greatest moment of my life on this forum. Yay! You guys are leaving!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Why Should They Check The Forums? Would You Check A Dead Body to See If It Is Already Dead?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So…all the whining and moaning might stop? HALLLULYA! You’re saying there’s no point to whine and cry? This is the greatest moment of my life on this forum. Yay! You guys are leaving!

I thought the same thing!! Maybe the forums will actually become what it’s supposed to! A place to help people and make apex predator builds together and not “QQ I don’t dps like a warrior!”!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Asthalon.6875

Asthalon.6875

I heard that the relationship between forum QQ and class change is actually inverse. The more you QQ senselessly (i.e. not productively and without respect), the fewer good changes your class receives each patch.

Consequently, I encourage everybody who is both not satisfied with the Ranger class and incapable of posting criticisms/suggestions in a respectful & useful manner to hie on over to the Warrior forum.

Use the strength of your QQ there to prevent further buffs to their class by complaining ad nauseum about it (and the devs), while the Ranger forum benefits from the serene quite of a natural respectful discussion and reaps some buffs in the process because we don’t look like a bunch of whiny tweens anymore.