Did we find out why pets are dying?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Q:

In PvP today there were several times where I would swap to my pet and the pet I swapped to was already dead…

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

A:

Both leopard elite and vampirism rune (6) create an application of the Stow pet mechanic, Its working as pet swap. Let’s say your first pet died and you swap pet F4 to your second pet. Now, lets say your second pet also died and first pet(F4) is on CD. In that period of time, if you’ll go into mist from(vampirism rune, 6) at the end of your mist form, your first pet will come back to life but when the F4 CD will end and u’ll change back to second pet it will still be dead.(as you already got the pet revive from the Stow pet mechanic at the end of mist form).

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pet’s that die will now stay dead until you log out. It fits better that way, thematically… Well, I figure that must be it, see; traps with no GTing and non moving spirits

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I think its got somthing to do with Stow pet mechanic, do you use it alot?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Never happens to me on pet swap and I never stow a pet and the pet is always on passive.

What does bother me is that the pet can die from me jumping off a ledge (and surviving).

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

That’s weird. I haven’t had that happen at all. I wonder if that’s related to players instantly dying out of combat for no reason.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

It happened to me several times yesterday aswell, I was in WvW when it did hasn’t happened anywhere else for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

Were you using vampirism rune?

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I know this happened (maybe still happens) when I used snow leopard elite transformation while the pet was dead. The next time I would switch out my pet I get a dead pet.
Maybe some kind of similar bug happened to you with some form of transformation while your pet was dead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I know this happened (maybe still happens) when I used snow leopard elite transformation while the pet was dead. The next time I would switch out my pet I get a dead pet.
Maybe some kind of similar bug happened to you with some form of transformation while your pet was dead.

I wasn’t using a transformation utility however I was jumping in and out of a couple of golems I wanted to save from a group of enemies when it happened to me the first time, perhaps you are on to something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

I’ve got a metric ton of transformation potions just relaxing in my inventory. If anyone can come up with a solid series of experiments to test/verify if this is the case (place to kill the pet and transform safely) I can try to replicate on video

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I wasn’t using a transformation utility however I was jumping in and out of a couple of golems I wanted to save from a group of enemies when it happened to me the first time, perhaps you are on to something.

That happened to me too lately I think. I was wondering why my pet was dead when I didn’t use snow leo.
The problem probably occurs if you have a dead pet and that pet disappears by transforming to snow leopard or entering a golem (pet disappears to) the game remembers that dead pet and next time you switch your pet you get a dead pet. I even posted that in the bug forum like a year ago but that bug is probably still there.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Vamp rune is not even the issue. I have the same experience with other runes although the pet dying does not happen consistently

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus