Disappointed Ranger with Kamohoali'i Kotaki

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

A warning to anyone making the legendary spear, Kamohoali’i Kotaki for their ranger. The amazing Shark animation on Crits DONT WORK for rangers for auto attacks the way it works for the other classes. The only skill that gives the animation is the 3rd, the shark leap and ONLY if it crits of course.

Ugh, why do some classes have most of their skills work for the animation like Warrior (dev fav of course) but only 1 attack for a class?

Just giving you guys warnings about it for people who are thinking of making it for their ranger and bringing attention to it. I might transfer over to my thief…

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Never make an underwater legendary. Just never…
Although if you realy wann- NO. Never.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: peacocklady.1408

peacocklady.1408

While they have indeed added better/more effects to the underwater weapons (and a few of the other legendaries, in general) overall, the variation of effects per class is wildly unbalanced. As you pointed out, the warriors seem to have the most effects available to them for this spear, followed by necros. Every other class only gets 1-3 of this effect depending on class, skill used, and of course crit.
There is a breakdown of each legendary on the wiki (you probably already know this, but for those who don’t) what it takes to make them, and pictures of effects as well as a list of what effects pop on what skills for which class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Sorry if you didnt like getting a underwater legendary but to me, its perfect for a ranger. With all of our weapon skills summoning animal spirits, especially Spear 3 with the shark, how COULD you not want a shark spear ALONG with a pet shark? BTW, I agree with not getting any underwater legendaries till after you get 1 or some of the others (this was my 3rd).

While they have indeed added better/more effects to the underwater weapons (and a few of the other legendaries, in general) overall, the variation of effects per class is wildly unbalanced. As you pointed out, the warriors seem to have the most effects available to them for this spear, followed by necros. Every other class only gets 1-3 of this effect depending on class, skill used, and of course crit.

Yup, that is my general complaint about it. It’s stupid to not include the effect in the autoattack chain.

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

A warning to anyone making the legendary spear, Kamohoali’i Kotaki for their ranger. The amazing Shark animation on Crits DONT WORK for rangers for auto attacks the way it works for the other classes. The only skill that gives the animation is the 3rd, the shark leap and ONLY if it crits of course.

Ugh, why do some classes have most of their skills work for the animation like Warrior (dev fav of course) but only 1 attack for a class?

Just giving you guys warnings about it for people who are thinking of making it for their ranger and bringing attention to it. I might transfer over to my thief…

THANK YOU for letting me know. I was actually considering making this legendary next. Now I think I will just buy a mini wurm head or something.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Chosen Link.3247

The Chosen Link.3247

Is there a shark animation when you throw the spear after using the 4 block skill (press 4 twice)?

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Sorry if you didnt like getting a underwater legendary but to me, its perfect for a ranger. With all of our weapon skills summoning animal spirits, especially Spear 3 with the shark, how COULD you not want a shark spear ALONG with a pet shark? BTW, I agree with not getting any underwater legendaries till after you get 1 or some of the others (this was my 3rd).

Yup, that is my general complaint about it. It’s stupid to not include the effect in the autoattack chain.

Didn’t you read what I said? Never means never. Not even ever!
Why? Ask aquaman.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

They want us to be skirmishers, and in old times skirmishers would wield spears.
So, I don’t see what’s the problem getting the legendary spear.

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’ve never had the shark work for more than six times out of the hundreds of times I’ve had to use it.

It’s not a surprise that the animation isn’t working – it’s the most “broken” of the AI pets.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security