Disappointed in Patch changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Well… It seems like my intuition was correct.

We got plain nerfed in healing across the board (core and most common used heal included – WHaO).
We got our changes we’ve been calling out for stolen and given to another class (Warrior)
We have been offered nerfs that came out of the blue without any sense at all (SoTP).

And the only buff we got was to Shortbow that doesn’t come in Condi+Healing amulet setup for PvP (Sage doesn’t really go with enough Healing Power).
We’ve been lied to with build diversity. And we’ve been ignored.

It might have been better if other classes didn’t get mostly duration and DPS buffs. But seeing they haven’t change, this will be my last post, I assume.
Had a great time, all. I hope no one holds a grudge.

Cheers, and nerves of steel fellow Rangers. You always were the toughest and most adaptable community. I believe you’ll be able to endure.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Hey man,

I understand where you’re coming from to a degree

Maybe a suggestion though is to stay until the next elite spec is announced atleast , then make this decision. It might be good, who knows.

I imagine though you can do this without playing too, haha

Either way man, good luck

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I know it’s a bad ranger patch (mained ranger last 3 months and for first time ever, I can’t think of witch profession to switch too, cause all feel overnerfed at this point).

But why leave now, and not before? we had several ultra bad patches, like the druid nerfs post launch. Just curious.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I stopped playing a fair while ago.
Always kept in touch with players and community, though. Had that backdoor prepared in case Devs decide to make their community stay. For once.

They didn’t.

I saw the new expansion – realized that while Blizz took and copied everything good from ANey, ANey only offers us Cataclysm. Which was a failure. And I already know there’s no point in hopes and dreams.
I will definitely take a look at what’s new in the expansion and how’s the ranger doing – but sadly, it will be no money from me. You know how it goes with the fool me once and twice.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

But seeing they haven’t change, this will be my last post

You didn’t even make it 30 minutes before posting again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I know it’s a bad ranger patch (mained ranger last 3 months and for first time ever,

Oh you poor sweet innocent child. Usually it’s much worse.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Well I’m very happy with the shortbow changes, can’t wait to test them out
I will need to experience the change in CAF base healing and healing and healing power. It looks different, not bad per se, at least not for the general pve-end game content player, it probably will be for the speedclear people

(edited by Bast Bow.2958)

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

It wasnt the vest patch but i am here since launch and i have seen worse.
But i have to say i am dissapointed too because i wanted a buff to the unused vanilla pets especially devourer and porcine as also buffs for spirits or an entire rework of them, maybe next time.
The healing nerf didnt even nerf me so hard because i am using shamans gear with my trapper build. The CA cd increase was bad though.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I imagine this is the patch that is going to kill off a lot of player interest, and not just Ranger.

As far as Ranger goes, I know we’ve had some really bad ones but this one seems to be all bad news with only the SB changes to give some hope. Most of those are to flanking and…yeah, we all know how flanking goes.

I don’t get how they take historically the weakest class in any game mode and make it weaker.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Flaminator.3879

The Flaminator.3879

IMO as someone who plays a Ranger(not a Druid) the Druid wasn’t hit hard enough. Am a bit sad “SOTP” and “WHAO” got hit by nerfs must have been because it made some Druid builds to strong.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

But i have to say i am dissapointed too because i wanted a buff to the unused vanilla pets especially devourer and porcine as also buffs for spirits or an entire rework of them, maybe next time.

When you start listed vanilla pets that could use a buff you eventually get around to all of them. They’ve already said the root problem can’t be fixed because they’d have to redo all the animations or the pets can’t land any attacks.

They really should just release like 15 new pets in the living world stuff and give everyone in PvP access to them. What a missed opportunity, I mean even Dry Top has neutral beetles in it. Just make them pets that can land an attack, and boom ranger actually has a profession mechanic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It was a bad patch for druids but pretty ordinary for rangers. Core ranger has a lot of problems and minor shortbow buffs won’t fix them.

It sucks that the druid spec is becoming increasingly bad unless you tunnel vision on healing – no other elite spec is so single minded when it comes to stats, but to me this is a core flaw of how the druid was designed (it’s not a ranger spec, it’s a healing spec tacked onto rangers). The sad reality is, the healing isn’t what makes druids desired, it’s Grace of the Land, Frost Spirit, Spotter and Glyph of Empowerment. Without those passive damage buffs the druid would be seen for what it is – a vanilla healer that takes the spot because it’s propped up by passive damage buffs.

The worst things about elite specs is they dominate your profession, so if you hate them – tough luck, core specs aren’t competitive. Hopefully the next elite spec is released soon, not having competitive builds outside of healing is really hurting the ranger play style for those who wanted to play the medium skirmisher that fights alongside their pet. I just hope dagger/dagger ranger has the DPS to compete for that top spot otherwise GotL could have us pigeon holed as healers permanently.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Who uses SB though? In a game full of crazy town stuff range is still king.

I’ve not had time to test yet but I ran a heavy D/NM/BM celestial heal build so I’m sure I’m impacted a fair bit based on what I’m reading. If it turns out it doesn’t fit my play style I’ll just go back to Zerg GS/LB.

I half expected seeds to be nerfed…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

not a lot of people must raid much, or have several sets of ascended gear. This patch was devestating to healing. In order to hit the break even of 1250HP you would need full zealots gear plus runes and food. That only gets you to the point you where at in full zerk gear prior to this!

there are 0 gear sets that allow us to get appropriate healing numbers as well as deal 20% of our damage. Zerk healing needed a nerf but without putting out a stat set that like pow/hp + prec/fer we’re either going to be really short on healing or far too high. and pvp….that’s gonna be a whole other s show

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

That’s alot of “we” talk when you don’t even play lols.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

I’m glad they did the nerf. Guys take the mm line over druid. And wail on people with your GS and unlockable pet power. Been stuffing guards wars and revs all day

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP