Do all classes use same stat calculations?

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Q:

I had never really paid attention to this until last night when I noticed that heavy medium and light armor of the same level/rarity have exactly the same stats except for armor value.

I don’t think I’ve seen this in a game before… generally there are some kinds of statistical trade-offs for having light armor vs heavy armor because you are spending some of the armors value into added survivability. In GW2 that doesn’t appear to be the case on the surface though. So I am wondering, does a heavy armor class with 2000 power get the same benefit from that statistic as a light armor class with the same 2000 power, or are the calculations as to how that power modifies their attacks different?

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

A:

Skills use the formula (Weapon Strength * Power * Skill Coefficient)/Armor. The skill coefficient is where value of power comes into play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

It’s different, Thieves and Warriors get a +10% damage modifier to power and rangers get -30% :p

Just kidding of course, attack rating scales off power and weapon damage identically for all classes. Traits, skills, and other bonuses aside, two different classes will have the same base damage assuming identical stats and gear.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

I would say overall they give the same stats however each class has a different base stat. The other thing to consider is while some classes share the same weapon they do not share the same skills. Maybe the best way to test this would be with ele weapons or enviromental weapons.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Skills use the formula (Weapon Strength * Power * Skill Coefficient)/Armor. The skill coefficient is where value of power comes into play.

That basically answers my question. It is, then, possible that a lightly armored class would derive more benefit from a statistic than a heavily armored class, thus creating a trade-off for survivability.

Do we know what the skill coefficients are? And these are then what are modified by traits and other such factors?

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skill

Check the list of skills for each class to see what the coefficients are. It doesn’t have every coefficient for every skill for every class. It is however the most comprehensive list I’ve found so far.