Does Anet read Ranger forums?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

Looking over other class forums there are plenty of Dev posts answering concerns about said class. Looking over the Ranger section, you can go pretty far back with not one comment from Anet on any Ranger concerns.

Why?

Is there a class lead? Is there a specific Ranger class lead? Why no feedback, ever on the direction of this class?

in Ranger

Posted by: kreios.7108

kreios.7108

go on spvp section xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Last time someone asked this question we got this reply from Jonathan Sharp:

Yes, we care about the forums. We also care about all the classes equally.

That’s about all the communication we’ve received since then too – roughly 2 months ago.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Don’t worry, us elementalists are in the same boat. Also the elementalist forums seem almost dead, 10 posts a day, usually QQ or new players. Anything not QQ is answered with Ele is dead.

WTB bug fixes and pet performance enhancement for next patch

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Vaxx.3178

Don’t worry, us elementalists are in the same boat. Also the elementalist forums seem almost dead, 10 posts a day, usually QQ or new players. Anything not QQ is answered with Ele is dead.

So its bad that I leveled and geared my Ranger, and am working on an Ele now? LOL. <—— sad laugh btw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

At least as an ele, you’ll be in high demand for WvW. Staff ele’s are great.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: rshadowkirby.3548

rshadowkirby.3548

honestly i dunno why people dont want to listen to me and just spam the bug forums

we have justification. our class is buggy and inferior

in Ranger

kreios.7108

y u are right bugs forum while be the right place and i won’t buy the tp crap until they listen

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Be careful asking about the officals.
We had someone (R.H.) who tried to make Rangers and “living world” better.
Now hes gone.

Just keep working out reasonable suggestions.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

Re-Roll a new game, when the numbers start dropping Anet will take action.

Even then its not certain, Anet is throwing out alot of content, seems like an attempt to counter the rate of players dropping out of the game.

Due to things like this.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

So its bad that I leveled and geared my Ranger, and am working on an Ele now? LOL. <—— sad laugh btw.

My main is a ele… After being nerfed over and over and over and over, I decided it was time to move on and came to the ranger.. just my luck that it is the other most hated class by Anet. I’m thinking it may be time to move on to another game… bg anet

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

ANet doesn’t read any forum but sPvP and, only recently, WvW. If you want change, your only hope is to post there. While they may pretend they read the class forums, it’s hard to believe when issues go unchanged for months on end without even a hint okittennowledgement to the problem.

That’s why everyone laughed at the other poster who said they had a 1 on 1 with ANet devs about the state of the Ranger class. If they’re aware of the issues and it legitimately is taking more than a year to resolve them, what hope do we have?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

ANet doesn’t read any forum but sPvP and, only recently, WvW. If you want change, your only hope is to post there. While they may pretend they read the class forums, it’s hard to believe when issues go unchanged for months on end without even a hint okittennowledgement to the problem.

That’s why everyone laughed at the other poster who said they had a 1 on 1 with ANet devs about the state of the Ranger class. If they’re aware of the issues and it legitimately is taking more than a year to resolve them, what hope do we have?

It could be worse. You could be an ele/mesmer and have the devs tell you they think where your class is at is perfect, once they bring the rest of the game in balance. I mean, at least they acknowledge that rangers aren’t in a good place haha. That counts for something.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Vaxx.3178

It could be worse. You could be an ele/mesmer and have the devs tell you they think where your class is at is perfect, once they bring the rest of the game in balance. I mean, at least they acknowledge that rangers aren’t in a good place haha. That counts for something.

Can you link where they acknowledged Rangers aren’t in a good place? Like I said, in my op I cant seem to find any dev feedback specifically on the Ranger class.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So the Ranger will be seeing some changes to the spirit build. We’re being very mindful to carefully shave it so that:

We don’t hurt other areas of the game where the build may not be a problem, as it is in PvP, and
We’ve already seen counters to this build showing up (there’s a thread talking about the Warrior countering this build, and to what degree) in the meta.

So, we will be “shaving” the build a little (we don’t want to over-correct the issue) and seeing how the meta adapts.

“Bad for the player, but good for the game”. Alright. Story time. The game dev community is a pretty small place, and a lot of devs know one another. We are lucky enough to have game nights with guys from WOTC (they make Magic:TG) and I got into a great conversation with one of their devs. I was talking about balancing an MMO vs a CCG, and we were swapping lessons/ideas back and forth on the things we’ve learned. I asked him about the mana system, mulligans, and how much I hated them as a player. I hate winning because my opponent mulligans, and I hate losing because of them. I asked him what he thought about that. His answer, in a word, was amazing. He said (paraphrasing), “Ya, that random sucks. Mulligans, mana floods (getting too much mana, but not enough “action” cards) and mana screws (not getting enough mana) all suck. But they add this element where anyone has a shot in any game. Basically, those things are bad for the player, but they’re good for the game.” I thought it was a great way of summing up what happens when we, as devs, have to balance various classes in an MMO. It may suck to have YOUR build and YOUR class slightly brought down in power, but, here’s the thing, it’s good for the game at large. So don’t think that we hate X class. We love all the classes. But sometimes we need to adjust a few things in order to protect the health of the overall game.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Exposing the truth of the damages they intentionally induced to our class and
being Infracted for it,

Obviously

They do.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Vaxx.3178

So the Ranger will be seeing some changes to the spirit build. We’re being very mindful to carefully shave it so that:

We don’t hurt other areas of the game where the build may not be a problem, as it is in PvP, and
We’ve already seen counters to this build showing up (there’s a thread talking about the Warrior countering this build, and to what degree) in the meta.

So, we will be “shaving” the build a little (we don’t want to over-correct the issue) and seeing how the meta adapts.

“Bad for the player, but good for the game”. Alright. Story time. The game dev community is a pretty small place, and a lot of devs know one another. We are lucky enough to have game nights with guys from WOTC (they make Magic:TG) and I got into a great conversation with one of their devs. I was talking about balancing an MMO vs a CCG, and we were swapping lessons/ideas back and forth on the things we’ve learned. I asked him about the mana system, mulligans, and how much I hated them as a player. I hate winning because my opponent mulligans, and I hate losing because of them. I asked him what he thought about that. His answer, in a word, was amazing. He said (paraphrasing), “Ya, that random sucks. Mulligans, mana floods (getting too much mana, but not enough “action” cards) and mana screws (not getting enough mana) all suck. But they add this element where anyone has a shot in any game. Basically, those things are bad for the player, but they’re good for the game.” I thought it was a great way of summing up what happens when we, as devs, have to balance various classes in an MMO. It may suck to have YOUR build and YOUR class slightly brought down in power, but, here’s the thing, it’s good for the game at large. So don’t think that we hate X class. We love all the classes. But sometimes we need to adjust a few things in order to protect the health of the overall game.

I still don’t see specific “We know Rangers are in a bad place right now”. Am I missing something out of context?

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

Can you link where they acknowledged Rangers aren’t in a good place? Like I said, in my op I cant seem to find any dev feedback specifically on the Ranger class.

He is correct.

Robert H. confirmed it; while we the community was ‘up on his throat’, “raised hell” of how he stated before the rangers were in a good place.

It was on my thread he stated that.. anyone who remembers can confirm that.

since he was ’"let go", my thread has been deleted.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I still don’t see specific “We know Rangers are in a bad place right now”. Am I missing something out of context?

I forget when it was, but I believe it was Jon Peters that stated that back near the beginning of the year, almost word-for-word.

EDIT: I found the original post from nine months ago here.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

(edited by SynfulChaot.3169)

in Ranger

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Hopefully they are intelligent enough to ignore threads like this by people who refuse to get better or adapt and buff something into spirit ranger 2.0 :^)

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Ranger

Vaxx.3178

Hopefully they are intelligent enough to ignore threads like this by people who refuse to get better or adapt and buff something into spirit ranger 2.0 :^)

That’s a lot of assuming on your part now isn’t it?

There is not one mention about Spirit Rangers. For the record, I never ran a spirit build. Also, where are you getting the whole get better or adapt crap from?

I am asking for actual developer feedback regarding the main class I enjoy playing in GW2. There is no whine, or plead to buff this or that in my OP.

Maybe you need to learn to read instead of trying to bash….

• Now I get it. I just read your post history. Most of it is crying about Spirit Rangers and lots of posts that just say “Get Good 15chars” . Typical troll material. *

(edited by Vaxx.3178)

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

If they do, they sure as hell don’t have anything to add.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Lets be honest there was one dev that took his time to approach the ranger community and look at the way we spoke to him… I wouldn’t want to communicate with the ranger community either.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

Yes they read them and remove threads that make them quiver. 2 threads have been magically removed today.

They’ll remove this one too and prob infraction me for saying it, if this hurts there image in anyway.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

(edited by thrice.9184)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Please, be more paranoid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

They’ve been admitting that rangers are the most in need of fixing for at least 9 months now. It looks to me like they might be unwilling to do what it takes to fix things (more or less complete overhaul of the pet system), but don’t want to admit that. I can understand if they don’t want to talk to the angry playerbase on this forum…but with the state they’ve left the ranger in, it is their job to do so.

They’ve promised major improvements for months now, and have yet to deliver. Now they’re censoring threads which criticize their abysmal performance in regards to fixing rangers. Censoring justified criticism is bad, but doing so without even talking to the playerbase about their concerns is just cowardly.

To any developer/ArenaNet employee who reads this: try open communication with the ranger community. Ignore the idiots who just want to attack, and try to hold civil conversations with those of us who want to be polite, yet feel more and more alienated and lied to with each passing month.

The pet system is a violation of everything you told us this game would be about. In a combat system based around dodging, blocking, and positioning, pets are the antithesis of these things. In a game where each class is supposed to be capable of performing any role, pets prevent rangers from being competitive team players and power DPS characters…the only roles that really matter in high end PVE. In a game meant to revolve around player skill rather than luck, we are forced to rely on AI that may or may not use its skills efficiently. You may well recommend that I try a different profession, but I already have; my favorites in the first Guild Wars were ranger and dervish and, in Guild Wars 2, both are dead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Lets be honest there was one dev that took his time to approach the ranger community and look at the way we spoke to him… I wouldn’t want to communicate with the ranger community either.

Ya, except this isn’t a charity. They are being paid, with our money no less, to do a job that they haven’t been doing very well. Add in the times that they have given us the run around or just flat lied to us and there is no reason to expect us to not be a little irritable.

Hell, the community here is perfectly fine with having a real, honest discussion like adults; too bad Rob was the only one who didn’t regurgitate vague prepared statements and even when he did talk like a real human being his attitude was that the Ranger is A okay and just fine where it’s at. That’s not something that people who get constantly maligned in PvE and WvW want to hear even if he wasn’t directly involved in class balance at all.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I never saw Hrouda claim that the ranger was just fine. He did acknowledge the issues. He just, like most of us ranger veterans, wouldn’t agree with the naysayers that the class is useless. Which it is not.

And yes, it is a business. But their business isn’t in making you happy with every decision they make. They want to make the best game they can. Sometimes those are class balance decisions you’ll agree with. Sometimes they’re not.

Regardless, from what I’ve heard from Sharp I’m hopeful for the future of our class.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Ya, except this isn’t a charity. They are being paid, with our money no less, to do a job that they haven’t been doing very well. Add in the times that they have given us the run around or just flat lied to us and there is no reason to expect us to not be a little irritable.

Hell, the community here is perfectly fine with having a real, honest discussion like adults; too bad Rob was the only one who didn’t regurgitate vague prepared statements and even when he did talk like a real human being his attitude was that the Ranger is A okay and just fine where it’s at. That’s not something that people who get constantly maligned in PvE and WvW want to hear even if he wasn’t directly involved in class balance at all.

A game development company is not obliged to talk to the community just because you bought their product. Robert Hrouda was not obliged to talk to us about the ranger as a class, he is a Dungeon Dev (that may have come out wrong) and actually asked about what rangers think about the ranger in dungeons. Would it be nice, yes. Is the community mature enough to handle such conversations, no. He may have said that ranger is fine, but put that in contrast with the majority of the ranger threads where people claim ANet hates rangers, they kill them with every patch, they are broken, etc…

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

No, except there is a very slight chance if there has just been a patch.

Post suggestions in the suggestions forum
Post bugs in the bug forum
Post WvW stuff in the WvW forum
Post sPvP stuff in the sPvp forum
Post dungeon stuff in the dungeon forum
I think you get the point.

Only post in the Ranger forum to talk with other Ranger players and expect none of it to be read by anyone at ArenaNet other than moderators.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Lets find out

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten anet kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Ranger

Pvp.2758

I’ll throw a little kitten in there too

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

they read it guys. somebody just deleted forum posts

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It was probably a dev who plays a Warrior since the threads that were deleted moved into discussions about nerfing them.

in Ranger

kreios.7108

Dev if u are reading give us a sign

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

It was probably a dev who plays a Warrior since the threads that were deleted moved into discussions about nerfing them.

Nerf warriors!

/lock please

On a more serious note; they hate us all equally.
The last threads with red text I saw were on the engineer forum and both were about graphic glitches/discontent.

Seeing how the gem store sells so many graphics enhancing items… now that is quality of life for ya!

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

(edited by JorneMormel.9850)

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

Yes they read them and remove threads that make them quiver. 2 threads have been magically removed today.

They’ll remove this one too and prob infraction me for saying it, if this hurts there image in anyway.

Within the past 2-4 days, i recieved 3 infractions with 4 deleted threads in defense to our class and opposition to class favoritism and elitism.

In other word,

You said it right.

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

They’ve been admitting that rangers are the most in need of fixing for at least 9 months now. It looks to me like they might be unwilling to do what it takes to fix things (more or less complete overhaul of the pet system), but don’t want to admit that. I can understand if they don’t want to talk to the angry playerbase on this forum…but with the state they’ve left the ranger in, it is their job to do so.

They’ve promised major improvements for months now, and have yet to deliver. Now they’re censoring threads which criticize their abysmal performance in regards to fixing rangers. Censoring justified criticism is bad, but doing so without even talking to the playerbase about their concerns is just cowardly.

To any developer/ArenaNet employee who reads this: try open communication with the ranger community. Ignore the idiots who just want to attack, and try to hold civil conversations with those of us who want to be polite, yet feel more and more alienated and lied to with each passing month.

The pet system is a violation of everything you told us this game would be about. In a combat system based around dodging, blocking, and positioning, pets are the antithesis of these things. In a game where each class is supposed to be capable of performing any role, pets prevent rangers from being competitive team players and power DPS characters…the only roles that really matter in high end PVE. In a game meant to revolve around player skill rather than luck, we are forced to rely on AI that may or may not use its skills efficiently. You may well recommend that I try a different profession, but I already have; my favorites in the first Guild Wars were ranger and dervish and, in Guild Wars 2, both are dead.

I’m in 100% Total Agreement with you.

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

As a reminder,

Remember we were told how Arena.net treats each class “Equally” including the rangers’ class.

Well……….

within 2-5 days

3+1 Infractions recently + 4 Deleted threads

+

Refusal of being Bullied and Tyrannized by the Monopolosts and Elitist class includuing their supporters

=

All because I am a Ranger.

WHERE IS THE EQUAL TREATMENT?

Arena.net

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

They really need to just overhaul the pet controls if they want to keep pets; remove the attack and return buttons, at least combine them into one if they have to keep them and make the pet keys about keeping your pet alive. Give us a way to have them go into an evasive/survival mode, ways to remove conditions from them to sustain them, etc.

The rest of the ranger class can be rebalanced after fixing the kitten mechanic that is supposed to be the base, the pillar, the foundation of the class. We need a proper base to build the class off of properly.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Sorry, Burn, but many of your posts have been deleted as other players have reported them for breaking the Code of Conduct. Not for no reason.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Yup, I got that special little PM in my box that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside today with my very calm-headed post.

Don’t criticize their actions, it’s against the rules of conduct.

This is serious though, it’s best to avoid it at all costs — sadly.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Ranger

Pvp.2758

The game is eating itself from the inside.

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Robert Hrouda ran bearbow back when he was still with Anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I’ve recently received an infraction as well. Apparently, Anet thinks the answer to their customers’ anger is to enrage them more with censorship while continuing to ignore legitimate complaints. The very fact that they feel the need to engage in this reactionary behavior whenever they screw something up speaks volumes. Not much confidence in your decisions there guys, eh?

You might wake up one day to realize that those of us who are criticizing your actions are trying to keep you from destroying your own game. We are the canaries in the coalmine warning of impending disaster, but you choose to go on your merry way alienating your customers to the point even your most inveterate defenders are now becoming disgusted.

All of us have invested a lot of time, energy and effort into our characters, so we have a vested interest in seeing you succeed. We are not out to get you. We are trying to get you to straighten up and fly right but you are too arrogant or oblivious to see that your customers are right. You don’t seem to be too concerned about your customers being able to succeed in this game, an outcome in which you have a vested interest in as well, though you don’t seem to realize this. If you give us a fail class in a fail game most of us are eventually going to give up and go elsewhere. If you keep mindlessly thrashing about and making ham-handed decisions that give the impression you have little respect for your customers’ time or clue what to do with the game you created then you need to recognize that the reaction you’re getting is the reaction you deserve to get.

Now go ahead and infract me. Do that enough times and maybe the truth will go away…along with your customers.

in Ranger

Vaxx.3178

Like I said, the simple fact that no dev involvement gives a poor outlook on this class. The other class forums do have dev feedback. It makes you seriously wonder sometimes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

To answer the title question, no.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears