Does Confusion work in WVW anymore?

in Ranger

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

My Ranger runs in Exotic Rampager’s Gear in PVE, and generally has a crit rate between 60 and 70%. I use LB + Sword/Torch or LB + Greatsword (especially after the update).

My sigils on LB right now are Air and Tormenting. I forget what I use on the other two sets, but I’m sure one of them is Air.

I’ve been thinking for some time about trying Superior Runes of Perplexity, but they are expensive. But they would seem to work well in Rampager’s gear for a 6/2/0/0/6 setup, perhaps even better because I am Asura.

Here’s my theory: With LB4 and GS5 I have two interrupts, which could add stacks of confusion. Additionally, Pain Inverter could add some more stacks + retaliation (except enemies need to be close). And finally my “quickened” and souped up Reef Drake could drop another 5 stacks of confusion. This, in addition to the super fast attack speed of a quickened, bleed applying Rapid Fire, + River Drake’s powerful lightning attack, + stacks of Torment and occasional lightning bolt procs, should put out a good deal of damage. And if it didn’t work well I can use GS + 25% run speed to hopefully get away quickly.

Mainly I just want to find out if confusion is worth it in WVW exploration. I’ve only recently started WVW, and I know this setup lacks ANY defense, so it’s not good for large scale battles.

Your thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. Please be “kind” and constructive, as I’m still new to WVW like I said.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ya confusion is extremely strong, but a power spec using two 100% power weapons that have no source of condi damage is not the place to be using it!

in Ranger

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

Thanks. I’m also thinking about 6/6/? because of the new Runes of the Trapper. Those make a Trap Build with my Rampager’s gear look VERY tempting Stealth in WVW is just super fun

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

2/6/6/0/0 is probably getter for condi if i remember rightly

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

You won’t get more than a burst of 10 confusion stacks and only if you somehow make your drake to hit the target with f2. After that you have 15 seconds cd on perplexity, thats longer than your interrupt’s cds.

5 stacks all time is really low, more so if you take into consideration that some classes can pull away those condis and have their cd back before yours. Asura daze is overkill for the same reason, you won’t use those to apply confusion because your weapon’s cooldowns are shorter than the one for the runes.

So, I don’t see this working. This could work with a drake f2 overhaul and some trait based changes to shortbow that make it apply low duration confusion.