Does Dagger see much use?

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I mean, is it ever the best option for any particular build? Is it ever the backbone, or at least part of it?

I love love love the skin on Incinerator, but it’d be a terrible waste to go for it if it wouldn’t actually be used all that much.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It pairs well with Sword for miles of evasion in about any build and also with Axe for condi builds, where you would use Torch with sword or SB, but mostly only in WvW/PvP because it does little damage so not very desired for PvE. That said, because of the low CD, long duration evasion, it can be handy for some bosses. Just play with one for a while and see if you like it.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

In PVP, the extra evade which it gives you can be pivotal (you can still use it+ sword 3 when immobilized) as it offers you just that bit more survivability and the ability to slightly reposition whilst doing the dagger 4. PVE wise, it’s a very situational offhand to use for certain bosses (although usually rolling alone is good enough). Given the option, I definitely wouldn’t use it over an Axe or horn offhand in a dungeon party in a normal run.

Multiple Class Disorder

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If ur worried about potentially wasting on it then i would say save ur resources for a new legendary. Dagger def has its place in pvp both power longbow (and melee variant) and condi. For pve def not.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

if you’re looking for a legendary for your ranger I would go for sword, GS or LB. Those will most likely always be viable and staples for pve. staff potentially if Druid is something you like, when they release it. What I have found is that if you don’t use it on one toon, you can always use it on another.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Dagger is mainly useful if you play spvp with a condi build. Other than that I have a dagger with energy sigil that I use on Mai Trin, SE path1 end boss & that’s pretty much it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Only place dagger has in PvE is Lupi or open world dancing around with s/d. The latter is where the most people would see you in any game mode, which I guess is the point of a legendary.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

… The latter is where the most people would see you in any game mode, which I guess is the point of a legendary.

I’ve made three legendary weapons, Sunrise, Frostfang and Rodgort, because I liked the skins and effects, not because people would see me. At the time, my Norn Warrior was an icy theme (icebrood kinda look) so Frostfang fitted him with Foefires Essence, Breath of Jormag, Corrupted weapons etc, and my Charr Ranger was fire (FDS/Rodgort/Titan’s Vengeance/Volcanus, Fused LB).

I sold Sunrise though, got Dawn as a drop off a thief in WvW (hah!) and made it purely for profit, not because I liked it.

The point, though, was not everyone cares what others think and that being a main factor in creating a legendary weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

While it’s certainly fun to show off, that isn’t my goal, no. :P I follow a pretty heavy tech-y theme, right down to naming my pets things like Pneumatic Holepunch and Motorized Staplegun. The Incinerator’s skin is PERFECT for that, but the other available Legendaries don’t really match up.

Thanks for the answers, y’all. I’ll see if I can practice with it in PvP and perhaps WvW roaming, just to have an excuse to use it. :P

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Can’t live without dagger while running melee set in WvW. Literally. I always end up killing myself if I have some other offhand weapon as I’m so used to having the extra evade in it :x

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Its more useful in duels, PVP and WvW. As a PvE weapon I almost never take it with me.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server