Does the ventari overshadow the Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

So after the last changes to ventari revenant that legend it is not anymore an constant healing but a burst healer that can cast up 10k AoE heals every 2 seconds, plus alacrity and other buffs toghether with the nerfs to Druid could as well made the class completely irrelevant.

Druid is left with a nerfed condi build, nerfed GotL, nerfed heals. In exchange the only got a buff to the GS, which I don’t get why having other weapons, skills and traits with more urgent needed changes.

I mean, I’d like to know what role has anet for the Druid as it seems they keep shifting with no clear objective.
Personally I like the rev to get over the role of healer and actually I really see that class that can shine in that role as the other legends can give such a variety, but the Druid should got an actual new role. Otherwise may as well being deleted from game as its role in any party is completely inexistent, as all this latest changes make the Druid not to heal enough, not to do enough damage, and not to bring enough utility ( GotL got nerfed at a sad 2% by slot which we know even the best druids can keep that only around to 2 to 3 of those in average) which can be quickly made irrelevant with the extra dps the revenant brings as alacrity and buffs.

I mean, honestly, other than the like for the pet thing that doesn’t even work properly and is so frustrating,
what can be the reasons to use a Druid?

And even worst, a point that can make this class completely irrelevant, What could be the reasons for Raids or wvw comps to bring a Druid instead a ventari revenant?

At the end, What is happening within Anet teams that can’t. Come out with a defined role to the ranger (and the engie as it seems)?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I doubt so. Druid has more group utility with spirits glyphs and GotL. Because GotL now effects 10 people it actually buffs raid utility.
The alacrity that ventari provides makes it more interesting than just plain healing.
I personally would rather had increased the radius of the skills and would had added AoE block buff or something like that to the trait, but this is off topic.
Ventari is now a chrono backup basically.
Druid have a more potent condi build still and provide more combofields that rev does.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

The short answer is probably not.

Long answer is that druids provide buffs other classes must have to perform. Gotl, spotter, frost spirit, empowerment, etc. That alone will force druids over revs in the same way druids are taken over a healing ele.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

It’s quite the contrary, rev is still useless compared to druid. The offensive buffs druid provides are absolutely crazy. Gotl is still very strong and now spreads to 10 ppl, spotter, the spirits, glyph of empowerment. Druid has such amazing buffs that even i na fight where you take 0 dmg, you’d still bring one (lets cheat and say you still get Celestial avatar :p). Tempest has always been a better healer than druid afaik, but druid was chosen because of it’s unbelievable buffs to dps. The alacrity change to rev is meaningless because you’ll still run 2 chronos who provide that. Even if rev is a better healer, druid’s buffs will make it preferable.

qT said that kitten mirrorcomp is still the best option on most bosses, so you’ll still run 1 condidruid and 1 healdruid. And with the gotl change they’ll prob be able to keep 5 stacks of gotl on 10 people together.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

What is the Ventari build that can crank out 10k heals every 2s? Geez, that seems a bit ridiculous.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Ultimately no. The reason why Ventari Rev excels at healing is because they can reach some pretty ridiculous outgoing healing modifiers (+83% outgoing healing iirc, haven’t looked it up in a while). The problem is, that’s all a Rev does, heal. Sure being able to apply alacrity to the team is neat but, if anything, it’ll just help make sure you’re topped off as Chronos should be providing the bulk (if not all) of that.

The reason you take druids is because of their damage buffs, control skills, and healing capabilities. With regards to raids, the GotL nerf doesn’t make too much of a difference since you have a higher uptime on GotL since the buff is now applied to 10 players instead of 5. So to where we used to get 2-3 stacks we’re now getting 4-5 stacks. On top of that you still got Spotter which is much better than Assassin’s Presence, and you also have frosty/sun spirits as well as Empowerment Glyph.

Control wise, Rangers have access to various CC pets as well as a generous amount of hard and soft cc’s depending on your build.

Overall, I would only take a Rev in the case that I need huge amounts of spike healing. Otherwise Druid is an overall better contributor to the party outside of niche encounters.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Ventari Revenant can go higher than +100% outgoing healing quite easily. It is the highest possible throughput healer rn, indeed. Note that it’s self-healing is much weaker.

But currently it’s not a danger to Druid’s position. Druid has too many unique buffs for anything to realistically replace it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Min Maxing. No matter what, the playerbase always does this.

Before release anet talked about being able to play the class of choice in any content.
#Pipedream

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

So after the last changes to ventari revenant that legend it is not anymore an constant healing but a burst healer that can cast up 10k AoE heals every 2 seconds

I’m very interested in this build, can you share it please?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

So after the last changes to ventari revenant that legend it is not anymore an constant healing but a burst healer that can cast up 10k AoE heals every 2 seconds

I’m very interested in this build, can you share it please?

Yep no problem,
https://dd.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5wcdky/wvwventari_revenant_healer/
And that dude actually is saying he is not even very good at it and it can get even better.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Min Maxing. No matter what, the playerbase always does this. Before release anet talked about being able to play the class of choice in any content.
#Pipedream

Of course they do — it’s a people problem, and those are very hard to solve with technology problems.

TBH, I think it’s best to see this as “there is a second option for healing, that isn’t druid healer, yay”, rather than anything else…

in Ranger

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

this thread is going to make me cry.

currently, CORE ranger is considered an auto included in all raid content, as well as druid support classes.

simultaneously, revenant, in all iterations, is currently the least desired class – regardless of whether its power or heal.

i just did deimos with 6 rangers. yes, our condition build got nerfed slightly. our heal build is still the most sustainable, and likely far easier to pilot than ventari rev.
but my two mains are ranger and revenant and i can certainly tell you that revs are in no way threatening rangers positions in any pve content.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

in Ranger

Posted by: AkantorCZ.8952

AkantorCZ.8952

Min Maxing. No matter what, the playerbase always does this. Before release anet talked about being able to play the class of choice in any content.
#Pipedream

Of course they do — it’s a people problem, and those are very hard to solve with technology problems.

TBH, I think it’s best to see this as “there is a second option for healing, that isn’t druid healer, yay”, rather than anything else…

^this
I am tired how people always looking for “the best”. This limited black-white point of view without any colors…

Unfortunately there are also game mechanics like for example dps check which only narrow the selection of viable/desirable builds for certain content.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

No. The Ventari change amounts to a gimmick and not much more. They didn’t really address the core issue of Ventari in that’s it’s clunky to use and doesn’t really mesh well with the Revenant’s overall play style.