Don't kite a thief!

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

Remember guys, constantly stealthing is not the same as constantly dodging or kiting!

And I thought the days when people were whining about condi rangers were over, now that rangers mostly use long bows…
I’m not even full condi(even with Tuning Crystal, I’m slightly more power. 1176p/1169c).
This was in EB btw.

Edit: I should add that I’m S/D and A/T

Attachments:

(edited by Zoia.3678)

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Most thieves are kitteny and think they’re gods gift. They also assume a Ranger is a free kill, arguably because of the high percentage of bad Rangers, but in reality a Ranger should beat a Thief and I always laugh when they decide to engage with you.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah it’s funny because if you had been longbow and used rapid fire to burst him down he would have cried about it being broken because he was dumb enough to use stealth to try and counter a channeled skill.

I get more whispers from thieves than any other profession.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Lol.

100g says he’d hate a tanking guardian / warrior who did just stand in once place and beat the kitten out of him just as much.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Without seeing a video, it is hard to take sides on this one. I know, I get that I’m on the Ranger forum and I also main a Ranger, however there is some merit to the thief’s replies.

Also about the RF thing, more whispers come from thieves as they do not have an ‘lol invuln’ button that warriors, guardians, and even other Rangers have.

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Without seeing a video, it is hard to take sides on this one. I know, I get that I’m on the Ranger forum and I also main a Ranger, however there is some merit to the thief’s replies.

Also about the RF thing, more whispers come from thieves as they do not have an ‘lol invuln’ button that warriors, guardians, and even other Rangers have.

lol invuln is a bad button in the first place. They make you think “if all goes south, ill just press this and win”. In reality, that only work when you aren’t taking bad players seriously, good players will still wreck you.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

Most thieves are kitteny and think they’re gods gift. They also assume a Ranger is a free kill, arguably because of the high percentage of bad Rangers, but in reality a Ranger should beat a Thief and I always laugh when they decide to engage with you.

amen sista

they always open up with a basilisk venomed shadow shot and think they can spike me down but a generously-timed lightning reflexes or entangle will net you tons of space from them. and sometimes i catch them running towards me and they are almost always denied by shooting a point blank shot and following up with rapid fire, PBS almost always hits because they never have any stability in their bars. at this point they’re either shadowstepping away or stealthed.

and yeah i agree, so many thieves think they can solo me but i’m traited to be as hard to reach as possible haha

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I often record, but since I had tried some of my xmas presents, I wasn’t exactly playing at 100%. Rum and cognac is good stuff, but my playing wouldn’t look too good for a video.
If this is the thief I think it was, I ran into him east of that central keep in EB, where there’s a guard near a bridge. A few more enemies was arriving, and I wanted to get away from there. I ran north up that small hill past that walking tree and stopped to continue there. We fought in that small area and I wasn’t really running around for huge distances, but there was a lot of dodging and evading, I guess.
A few others from his server arrived and watched, and I dueled 2 or 3 after that, before I figured it was time to get out of there. That’s when I got the whisper. The last guy I dueled was a mesmer, which was why I first thought it was him.

Here’s my build, btw. Not what I would call a very condi heavy build.
Build

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

Yeah, but they can stealth and dodge to mitigate damage, and problem solved, because they can reset the fight and start however they want. Problems with RF is usually a l2p issue. In the other hand, condis are more of a problem to certain thief builds that combine trickery with hidden killer, because more often that not they have 0 condi removal.

And while this thief was clearly mad, let’s not forget that people usually call SA thieves scrubs and things like that. So he has some basis to be mad… he can’t deal with condis and he can’t play, let’s say, SA or p/d condi SA, because people will call him cheese and probably get the same kind of whispers.

(edited by Someday.3650)

Don't kite a thief!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, after seeing this thing, we can easily state that the thief was a total newby.
First, what kind of thief don’t have gap closer? DD that don’t know they got F1 button?
Second, the whole way he talk remind the good old day of GW2 first month, when player were discovering class mechanic.
Third, he think that thief is all about stealth (I really laughed hard here). Thieves have 4 main mitigation mechanic : Stealth, evade (more then anyother classes can dream of), blind and interrupt (permablind is easily achieved while perma interrupt is a bit harder but doable)
Forth, asking someone if he is french in a way that it sound like an insult should be reported for discrimination. I won’t say racism because french ain’t a “race” and they ain’t worst then any other nationality.

The OP while kiting just outplayed a newby nothing bad in this.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.