Downed #3 underwater...bug or op? (pet rez)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arilin.8716

Arilin.8716

Hey y’all,
Dont take me wrong. I play ranger a lot in SPvP.
I want to know if skill #3 downed underwater (the one that makes your pet rez you) is bugged. If not, it’s clearly op.
Recently, I was fighting at ruins underwater. There were guardian, warrior and mesmer trying to kill me. They downed me pretty fast (well, there were 3 of them…), but i survived long enough to use downed #3 skill. My pet (already dead) started to rez me. No matter how hard they tried to kill me, they couldn’t. The pet was ressing me too fast (not sure how as he was dead). This went on for about one minute. Pet ressed me and my allies came so we killed our enemies.

The point is…HOW THE HELL CAN ONE SKILL STOP ME FROM BEING KILLED BY THREE PEOPLE?

(edited by Arilin.8716)

in Ranger

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

as far as i observed regarding underwater battles, all professions have decreased damage output, making the #3 downed underwater outheal all the damages taken.

eg, the thiefs auto attack on land = 2k per hit, thief auto attack on water using long range = 400+bleed, thief auto attack on water using spear is 600

pet #3 on land 1200 per heal, pet #3 on water is still 1200

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

It’s on a long cooldown though, and one simple interrupt/stun/sink/pushback/pull would have been enough to stop it.

That Guardian was an idiot not very smart if he didn’t even use his Weight of Justice on you. Apparently the Mesmer forgot he had Slipstream/Vortex/Illusion of Drowning. And the Warrior didn’t bother with Harpoon Pull.

So you deserved to live as your opponents were too stupid incapable to use their underwater abilities properly.

It’s easy to believe that something seems OP when you’re surrounded by idiots people that don’t even know how to use their own abilities to counter it. It’s like watching HS-spamming bandwagon thieves all day.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Ranger

Posted by: Spritemage.4609

Spritemage.4609

Most importantly if you kill the pet it will stop rezing you. The fact that your opponents didn’t target the source of your healing is laughable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Actually pet still heals you even when dead. Which is awesome, Ive personally stopped trying to kill rangers underwater, its near impossible unless Im on my ranger, atleast 1v1. Not a bad thing since they suck at everything else.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arilin.8716

Arilin.8716

Most importantly if you kill the pet it will stop rezing you. The fact that your opponents didn’t target the source of your healing is laughable.

My pet, as i stated was dead even before he started to rez me.

It’s on a long cooldown though, and one simple interrupt/stun/sink/pushback/pull would have been enough to stop it.

That Guardian was an idiot not very smart if he didn’t even use his Weight of Justice on you. Apparently the Mesmer forgot he had Slipstream/Vortex/Illusion of Drowning. And the Warrior didn’t bother with Harpoon Pull.

So you deserved to live as your opponents were too stupid incapable to use their underwater abilities properly.

It’s easy to believe that something seems OP when you’re surrounded by idiots people that don’t even know how to use their own abilities to counter it. It’s like watching HS-spamming bandwagon thieves all day.

They used weight of justice/illusion but i was on the ground.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Smart then, thats what I do, when I get downed I sink and use lick wounds and then they are screwed, and rangers hit hard as kitten underwater too. So its a safe bet that they are raging at about that point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

there is a bug where the pet will continue to heal as it is dead while underwater

putting an interrupt while the pet is rezzing and is dead is essentially an overpowered constant heal. atm it’s very overpowered because of this as there is nothing you can do except let the ranger rez or have your team dedicate time to killing the ranger underwater.

…i tend to abuse this though if it’s anything more than a 1v1

in Ranger

Posted by: Mart.2710

Mart.2710

OP actually sounds like one of the three who couldn’t kill the ranger and came here to qq about it.

If you’re actually the ranger, then good for you for surviving that encounter.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Yea, I knew this would happen, yes its op underwater, but so what. You fight underwater on 1-2 maps that arent even in tournys, its not important to merit attention. However knowing anet, this will be addressed asap.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

I don’t recall the underwater version but I know the land version of pet rez revives your pet. If your pet is then killed after that it shouldn’t continue to rez, if so that’s a bug.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I don’t recall the underwater version but I know the land version of pet rez revives your pet. If your pet is then killed after that it shouldn’t continue to rez, if so that’s a bug.

It is a bug and only one that works underwater, but its not gamebreaking unless you are fighting underwater and team doesnt zerg you. Does underwater combat matter as much as fixing land combat?

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I’m bumping this thread because my group of 3 could not kill a ranger who was doing this. We downed him pretty quickly and then his pet started rezzing him faster than we can damage him or the pet. Sunk the pet multiple times with my guardian but when they hit the floor the pet could not be pulled away any more. The guy rezzed 4 times before we miraculously pulled the pet away to the side and was immobilized by a bunch of krait.

Overall it took 3 good players 4 tries to kill one single ranger.

This is broken and needs fixing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

It is a bug and only one that works underwater, but its not gamebreaking unless you are fighting underwater and team doesnt zerg you. Does underwater combat matter as much as fixing land combat?

I disagree..it’s gamebreaking because rangers are quickly discovering how OP this bug really is. Last night I fought a ranger who would only fight NEXT to a body of water, the moment he began to lose, he’d simply run into the water and that was it, he became unkillable. If I were to down him in the water, he simply ressed with his (DEAD) pet, it was really stupid. I’ve noticed this is being heavily abused in sPvP and WvW. 3 days ago in wvw I was with a group of 3 randoms near the enemy tower, a zerg of 12 enemies jumped off the walls and gave chase, the ranger who was with us said “just run guys, I got this, head towards the water”….so we did, and he positioned himself between us and the zerg. After we were all in the water, the ranger went down fairly fast, but he didn’t die. His pets kept reviving him despite him being focused by TWELVE enemies. As this was going on, we kept making our way eastward towards the opposite embankment, where a zerg of ours was nearby. He simply kept reviving himself over and over in the water, and was impossible to kill. While this trick worked in our favor (since he was on our team) the mechanics are really dumb and need to be addressed. It seems to be a bug.

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

Yeah, that right there is a perfect example of how this just HAS to be a bug….

Hopefully it gets patched ASAP.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I actually used this without meaning to while in WvW the other day. I ended up killing multiple people before finally I got hit by a 10 person zerg who were smart enough to let my pet heal me completely before attacking me. I died shortly afterwards.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Using the skill revives your pet so he can come heal you,it’s not a bug

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I ran across a Ranger using this the other day and it was kind of annoying but it’s actually fairly simple to interrupt the pet who is healing the ranger and/or just kill it putting the pet rez on CD.

People are just too obsessed with killing the ranger and they ignore the pet.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Using the skill revives your pet so he can come heal you,it’s not a bug

Nono, underwater the pet will still heal you while it’s dead, even if it was killed AFTER the Lick Wounds effect started.

I ran across a Ranger using this the other day and it was kind of annoying but it’s actually fairly simple to interrupt the pet who is healing the ranger and/or just kill it putting the pet rez on CD.

People are just too obsessed with killing the ranger and they ignore the pet.

Yep. They also forget the easiest way to deal with a ranger during this time. You complain about us getting out of down state? Use that time to cooldown your skills and set things up to take us down again the second we come up. Because if we’re hit the SECOND we get out of it, there’s no HP regen, we’re stuck at subpar HP, making it easier to kill us. You’d be surprised how many people seem to forget that.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Its so strange that a skill like Xfire, that no-one really complained about was nerfed, and yet skills that are clearly OP like thief evade underwater (spear 5 I think) have been untouched since the game started. And then we get this cool underwater skill that makes me feel like I do when playing a mesmer on land (although I have to be dead to use it).

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I disagree..it’s gamebreaking because rangers are quickly discovering how OP this bug really is. Last night I fought a ranger who would only fight NEXT to a body of water, the moment he began to lose, he’d simply run into the water and that was it, he became unkillable. If I were to down him in the water, he simply ressed with his (DEAD) pet, it was really stupid. I’ve noticed this is being heavily abused in sPvP and WvW. 3 days ago in wvw I was with a group of 3 randoms near the enemy tower, a zerg of 12 enemies jumped off the walls and gave chase, the ranger who was with us said “just run guys, I got this, head towards the water”….so we did, and he positioned himself between us and the zerg. After we were all in the water, the ranger went down fairly fast, but he didn’t die. His pets kept reviving him despite him being focused by TWELVE enemies. As this was going on, we kept making our way eastward towards the opposite embankment, where a zerg of ours was nearby. He simply kept reviving himself over and over in the water, and was impossible to kill. While this trick worked in our favor (since he was on our team) the mechanics are really dumb and need to be addressed. It seems to be a bug.

Im calling bull kitten, those 12 either had no weapons equipted or they were all like lvl 2 and only auto attacked. Sorry but no its not gamebreaking, underwater combat is never going to be a huge part of this games combat system. Sure my ranger can tank 2 people underwater and kill them, but it doesnt mean Im unkillable, just hard to kill. Pro tip, when fighting a ranger who jumps into the water….run away, why waste time fighting him in perfect territory. Just run, who cares if you dont get the kill. If you are crying because you are dumb enough to keep fighting a ranger near water, thats your fault, he will probably follow you away from the water if you move, turn around and zerg him down, its not hard trust me.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Its so strange that a skill like Xfire, that no-one really complained about was nerfed, and yet skills that are clearly OP like thief evade underwater (spear 5 I think) have been untouched since the game started. And then we get this cool underwater skill that makes me feel like I do when playing a mesmer on land (although I have to be dead to use it).

Ironic how much better we are while underwater or dead, or both combined than we are alive on land.

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

Sorry but no its not gamebreaking, underwater combat is never going to be a huge part of this games combat system. Sure my ranger can tank 2 people underwater and kill them, but it doesnt mean Im unkillable, just hard to kill. Pro tip, when fighting a ranger who jumps into the water….run away, why waste time fighting him in perfect territory.

So what you’re saying is to just RUN AWAY when a ranger is underwater because there’s nothing you can do? It’s broken and needs to be fixed.

How is underwater combat not important? Do you even play this game? There are some points in PvP that are underwater. There are underwater objectives in WvW. There are underwater gates in WvW. There are moats you need to cross and fight enemies in while attacking keeps in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Sorry but no its not gamebreaking, underwater combat is never going to be a huge part of this games combat system. Sure my ranger can tank 2 people underwater and kill them, but it doesnt mean Im unkillable, just hard to kill. Pro tip, when fighting a ranger who jumps into the water….run away, why waste time fighting him in perfect territory.

So what you’re saying is to just RUN AWAY when a ranger is underwater because there’s nothing you can do? It’s broken and needs to be fixed.

How is underwater combat not important? Do you even play this game? There are some points in PvP that are underwater. There are underwater objectives in WvW. There are underwater gates in WvW. There are moats you need to cross and fight enemies in while attacking keeps in WvW.

So what you’re saying is to just RUN AWAY when a thief is stealthed because there’s nothing you can do? It’s broken and needs to be fixed.

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

So what you’re saying is to just RUN AWAY when a thief is stealthed because there’s nothing you can do? It’s broken and needs to be fixed.

Exactly! Rangers are broken just like the stealth is on thieves.

Thanks for supporting the movement on getting rangers fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Glad to be of service.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Frankly, I feel the underwater Lick Wounds glitch does need to be handled. Don’t nerf the heal, stop the glitch that causes the eternal healing to begin with. And judging how it keeps happening with the pet down, somebody probably forgot to set the flag to turn off Lick Wounds when the pet dies during it underwater. It could possibly be an easy fix…if they can find it. Looking through piles of code for a single error can take a while.

[hS]

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

No, they need to adjust the amount that the pet heals. It heals way too much.

For instance, my character can do 1,000-2,000 damage on land with my number 1 attack. A ranger using his pet to rez on land does speed up his revival but I can stop it and it all feels balanced.

Underwater, my attacks deal like 200 damage even with exotic gear. Underwater combat takes so long because a lot of the damage is toned down big time. This means the ranger’s pet out heals a lot of attacks and that’s stupid.

Three people at attacking a downed ranger but his pet out healing them is just silly and needs balancing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Thieves get to pick and choose their fights (afks or single people in the back), shouldnt Rangers have something their good at? Finally they can set a fight to their advantage
The pet healing after it dies is still a bug and that should be fixed though :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

it really is OP but ranger right now probably has some of the best underwater fighting capability than any other class as far as sheer damage output on targets that dont know how to stay moble and out of our underwater aoe

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Retanaru.2901

Retanaru.2901

as far as i observed regarding underwater battles, all professions have decreased damage output, making the #3 downed underwater outheal all the damages taken.

eg, the thiefs auto attack on land = 2k per hit, thief auto attack on water using long range = 400+bleed, thief auto attack on water using spear is 600

pet #3 on land 1200 per heal, pet #3 on water is still 1200

My thief using the spear hits for 2k non-crit and 3k crit with the auto attack.

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

My friends and I just ran across this 7 times tonight. Two times on each borderlands and once on the EB borderlands. These were all different rangers. The description below is what happened pretty much with all the different rangers:

A party of 5 would demolish the ranger underwater then he would use his pet to revive himself. We were all focused on the ranger since we had him targeted but we couldn’t out DPS his pet revive. We down him again and now focus on the pet. Of course his pet is tanky since he was tanky build and he was able to revive again before we could kill the pet.

Now we switch to a different tactic. Pull the pet away so it can’t res using the guardian’s staff #5. Oh what’s this? The ranger just swims down to meet his pet at the bottom so it can’t sink anymore and he revives again. Now we actually kill the pet and it revives him even though it’s dead.

What on earth is this? Anet, fix this.

in Ranger

Sunreva.8714

This is a known bug I believe…there’s a major balance issue when 5 people cannot out DPS the pet revive. I’ve come across this too, and it’s really absurd. Rangers in the water are essentially invulnerable and incapable of dying, due to this mechanic.

I’m starting to see rangers now that only fight near the water, the second they begin to lose they simply hop into the water for their God mode. On my server, I believe cmder’s have even begun using decoy rangers to lure enemy zergs into the water and distract them. Interesting technique, but really stupid at the same time

sigh. really tired of seeing people asking if “clowns” are online to lure enemy zergs into the water

(edited by Sunreva.8714)

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

sigh. really tired of seeing people asking if “clowns” are online to lure enemy zergs into the water

Wait…I’ve seen this too. Hahahaha, is that what they call rangers that do this? I guess this is a “thing” now?

in Ranger

Sunreva.8714

Wait…I’ve seen this too. Hahahaha, is that what they call rangers that do this? I guess this is a “thing” now?

ya, it comes from rodeo clowns who keep the bull busy..the term is used on rangers who keep the zerg busy, they purposely hang out near water and “pull” as many of the zerg into the water to attack them, and they simply utilize the pet res bug which makes them invulnerable and nearly impossible to kill

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Give ranger a massive burst skill or plethora of disables etc like some of the other classes have and then think about nerfing UW pet heal.

in Ranger

EvilSardine.9635

Today, there was a sylvari ranger using the armor fish pet who was abusing it so bad we had to just swim away.

it really is OP but ranger right now probably has some of the best underwater fighting capability than any other class as far as sheer damage output on targets that dont know how to stay moble and out of our underwater aoe

I have no issue with their underwater attacks at all. I completely agree that this pet heal ability is overpowered big time or even broken (because sometimes it even works when the pet is dead)

in Ranger

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Give ranger a massive burst skill or plethora of disables etc like some of the other classes have and then think about nerfing UW pet heal.

this

and also some get out of jail card on land

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Ranger

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Is this still bugged?

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

It very well may not be working as intended. If it is ever addressed, I hope it’s only done so after the other myriad of problems Rangers and their pets have are first fixed, such as faulty AI/pathing, attacks that wiff, and going teets up in AOE all the time..

in Ranger

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Yep. Ran into this tonight.

Kinda silly that this went this long broken and unfixed. I remember the time when someone said they should make spvp an e-sport..good times..good times, lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Today, there was a sylvari ranger using the armor fish pet who was abusing it so bad we had to just swim away.

I have no issue with their underwater attacks at all. I completely agree that this pet heal ability is overpowered big time or even broken (because sometimes it even works when the pet is dead)

That’s funny, because on land it only occasionally works even when the pet’s alive.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Why not just kill the downed ranger before his pet can start to res? it takes quite a while before you can even use that to begin with, maybe some classes do such poor water damage they can’t do it alone but if your damage is that low then you would never be able to down the ranger in the first place and if there are several of you then frankly you have no excuse just nuke him asap when he gets downed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I had the same situation in the same place (just other enemies :P ). They even killed my pet, but it kept rezing me. After I got up and I get downed again the same thing happened – they killed my pet when it was rezing me, but it didn’t stop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jilea.9785

Jilea.9785

+1
did several times fight a ranger underwater in wvw, no chance even 2 or 3vs1 downed ranger with dead pet. neither sink on pet or ranger works, or any other ability i tried.
this needs some serious rework.

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

Guise, we’re aquamen – in water we surpass all classes

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]