Druid - Condi or Healing for Fractals?

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I pretty much only run the high level fractals, the T4 dailies and what not. While I love my condi reaper, sometimes one wants to play something else. I think I’ve settled on Druid but here is where the question comes in…do I go Condi or Healing? Power Druid seems sort of useless, low damage and low healing so why bother? Or is there something I don’t see about running power gear on a Druid for a T4 Fractal?

Not too sure how useful a full magi healing druid is gonna be in a Fractal setting, damage is king there…but is there pause for maybe considering it? Or should I just blow my bank up and swap my zerk stuff over to vipers? How are the Condi Druid’s healing capabilities?

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

In my experience, there is not usually much point in specing for healing in fractals, our base heals are enough, so feel free to spec for damage. Our condition damage is usually better, but its requirement on always being able to flank or requiring our target to be stationary often brings our damage down closer to beserker, so i wouldn’t swap the stats on any or your gear if i were you.

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Power druid is decent in that it brings reasonable/low damage, a ton of buffs, high healing (with staff) and very good projectile destruct/reflect capabilities. Which is extremely important for fractals.

Condi druid on the other hand brings higher damage, particularly if you’re making use of epidemic bounces. It does however lose out on the projectile destruction/reflect that the power builds bring and has less healing overall due to the loss of staff.

Between these two I’d first focus on condi-druid for T4 fractals, but it’s worth working on a power set too so you can switch for projectile heavy fractals.

I’m not convinced that Magi’s druid is worth it for T4 fractals, the healing would almost certainly be overkill. That said, it would make T4 fractals almost foolproof.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Long story Short:

If you’re with experienced premades – go for Condi.
If you’re with puggies – you might be better of with Cleric/Zealot/Magi accessories in addition to your Berserker Armor (it’s much cheaper to get jewels than armor – and berserker will be useful at any time)

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Ok so it sounds like I should stick with the zerk, easy enough. Was wondering if I ought to swap out the scholar runes for monk runes to get the 10% outgoing healing? My damage isn’t anything to write home about but a bit more healing for my pug groups might be more helpful?

Is there ascended zealots outside of raids? I don’t raid…and still got to work on opening up the magi sets. Suppose I can pick up the cleric stuff…just means more agony infusions I have to buy and reattuning rings.

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I pretty much only run the high level fractals, the T4 dailies and what not. While I love my condi reaper, sometimes one wants to play something else. I think I’ve settled on Druid but here is where the question comes in…do I go Condi or Healing? Power Druid seems sort of useless, low damage and low healing so why bother? Or is there something I don’t see about running power gear on a Druid for a T4 Fractal?

Not too sure how useful a full magi healing druid is gonna be in a Fractal setting, damage is king there…but is there pause for maybe considering it? Or should I just blow my bank up and swap my zerk stuff over to vipers? How are the Condi Druid’s healing capabilities?

I’ve been goofing off with a full celestial build for both condi and heals and it does pretty well. Try it out and see how it feels.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Ok so it sounds like I should stick with the zerk, easy enough. Was wondering if I ought to swap out the scholar runes for monk runes to get the 10% outgoing healing? My damage isn’t anything to write home about but a bit more healing for my pug groups might be more helpful?

Is there ascended zealots outside of raids? I don’t raid…and still got to work on opening up the magi sets. Suppose I can pick up the cleric stuff…just means more agony infusions I have to buy and reattuning rings.

Yes, you might as well do that. If you don’t intend to min-max your setup, it would most probably end up being the best pug composition.
Your DPS would not skyrocket by having an offensive rune, and I think mathematically you’d get more healing than damage with Monk Rune.

“Observe, learn and counter.”