Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Now the lack of beta testing time makes sense. It was dead before it was ever born. I could not be more disappointed.

gosh i have waited for that since 3 years. Finally A-Net figured out that
1 single meta build is worse than trinity.

And finally i can give back what was thrown at me for 3 years.

GW2 is about tactics and skills now, if you don’t like it GW2 is not for you

So getting a new meta for each profession is better? it’s still gonna be 1 best spec to use. nothing changes but your gear stats.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I hate it SOOO MUCH.

Even if trinity is back, I HATE to be that guy who can only do the healing!

I want to be aggressive and kill things from range! That’s why I pick ranger!
I don’t pick a ranger just so I can be a kitten healer…

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

SMOKESCALE BOIS!!! WE GET SMOKE FIELD!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Seriously, now we are relegated to healing in dungeons, fractals, HoT, and i am sure it will be a forced thing in WvW as well. So much for hoping my ranger might be viable in the game as something more than " Heal, Heal, Heal".

Well.. sorry you are disappointed.
But i am afraid GW2 is not for you if you can’t adapt to somethign else than zerker meta.
They will change a lot and even mentioned that you should dust off your tank for the future to soak up heavy hits.

There are plenty other games around that are more likely to your likings

Umm where did i say i wanted to be a zerker? or that i expected it to be that way with my character ? I play a ranger as my main, it has been mistreated by A-net since day one and has received the garbage end of the shaft for 3 years, of course i am not gonna be pleased that the only way A-net can make us semi useful is to turn us into HEALBOTS.

Zerker my rearend, you have read into something i never said or even eluded to, but thanks for putting words into my own sentences.

Play a Ranger as yer main and you tell me how fun it is to get refused good groups.

in Ranger

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

Interesting….

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

At least we get a Wyvern pet!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Well looks like we have to wait until the next expansion for another elite that focuses on damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Smokescales as Pets. Ok now Pets have the Potential to become just Ridiculous^^

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Rejoice for what? Being shafted to a healing class?

I really really HATE that type of play-style..

Extremely disappointed..
This is not the reason I play ranger…

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Dragon pet is the one thing to be announced so far that 100% of the ranger community is happy about… those things look freaking amazing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

Shall we begin to burn the druid for being subpar as well… let me go grab the wood and torches

in Ranger

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

But… SMOKESCALE PET!

in Ranger

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

I really really HATE that type of playing style..

Extremely disappointed..

so who’s forcing you to play druid? secondly do you see those kittening pets? REJOICE!!!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

Knowing Anet, they’ll say they invented the trinity in some obscure way.

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

DRUID IS SOOOOO GOOOOD

I take it you never played a main healer in other games….

Get ready for the demanding leaders…. the stupid DPSer’s, the holier than thou tanker’s, and the smug stealther’s. All of whom think it is there job to tell you how you are doing your job wrong, because they are too idiotic to not stand in the red, or the fire, or to dodge, or to not grab aggro… or whatever other scenario you will be placed in as the defacto healer and the one responsible for all of there failings.

I played holy pally and resto druid in wow for four years sir and I loved it.

I think the key word in your reply is “played”.

in Ranger

Sicarius.4639

Knowing Anet, they’ll say they invented the trinity in some obscure way.

Made me laugh way more than it should.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

Umm where did i say i wanted to be a zerker? or that i expected it to be that way with my character ? I play a ranger as my main, it has been mistreated by A-net since day one and has received the garbage end of the shaft for 3 years, of course i am not gonna be pleased that the only way A-net can make us semi useful is to turn us into HEALBOTS.

Zerker my rearend, you have read into something i never said or even eluded to, but thanks for putting words into my own sentences.

Play a Ranger as yer main and you tell me how fun it is to get refused good groups.

Ranger is my main char as well and i don’t think its as bad as you make it.
I have absolutely no problem to get into dungeon groups or fractals or whatever.
And i use the lfg tool as everyone else.
Maybe it helps that i am not a serious gamer and just enjoy the role of a ranger instead pimping it to the top of possibility.
And dodging rangers are feared in PvP as well.

It is a nice adition to an already nice class and nobody is forced to play healer

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Ranger already is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE.

And if you watched the glyphs and traits – it’s going to be massive for PvP as well as WvW.

Also, Rangers currently have the potential to become the reason why ZerkMeta stays alive and all people might end up loving you.

I don’t see a single reason how can you guyz get disappointed! We already have all the offensive possibilities on live. This was what we needed for CC, Condi Clear, Defensive support.

We
Got
Everything
We asked of druid!

Come on! What’s wrong with you? If you want an offensive Ranger – you have access to it already. If you want any other one – you just got access to all of it with druid.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

I really really HATE that type of playing style..

Extremely disappointed..

so who’s forcing you to play druid? secondly do you see those kittening pets? REJOICE!!!!!

It’s true that no-one is forcing me to play Druid, but I want to play ranger while getting something new, which is something that add to my play-style AS AN OFFENSIVE RANGE CLASS.

I don’t want to add that healer role in my play-style because I HATE it…
Sigh.. Getting nothing new now since Druid will not be my type.

in Ranger

Posted by: dankid.9321

dankid.9321

I was really hoping that we’d have some AOE ground target healing skills.

Obviously I haven’t played Druid yet, but Im hoping this way is fun. Not having ground target skills or directional based skills just feels kinda, blah to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Extremely disappointed..

don’t use staff then, simple.

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Explain to me how the Condi cleansing works.

As it stands I want to be Marksman and Beastmaster with my third trait being druid so I wouldn’t have WS line.

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Irenio is insane.

If Druid doesn’t get nerfed by 10,000%, I’m rerolling to ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

The new pets are awesome. Pretty cool that Rangers are getting new toys even if they don’t spec into Druid.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: dankid.9321

dankid.9321

Now Rangers will never be allowed in group.

/Autokick Ranger without staff

in Ranger

Sicarius.4639

Extremely disappointed..

The way they’re talking about it, it seems like it’s needed. So you either be the healbot or you’re not invited.

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Extremely disappointed..

Than whats the point of the druid spec line? no point in that spec line if you don’t want to be a healer…. that entire line, along with the celestial form and the staff is healing 80% healing based…..

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

Shall we begin to burn the druid for being subpar as well… let me go grab the wood and torches

I think every other class got an elite that makes them stronger offensively, Rangers like always get the shaft, now weather we want it or not, we will not get in groups unless we are specced to heal, and now that’s all we will be able to do if we want to play as our rangers… we will be healbots and nothing but that.

Seriously, if you are running fractals 40+ and you include a ranger in the group, you gonna let that ranger DPS ? Or will you expect it to be healing like a good little ranger should be ?

Mark my words we will be nothing but main heals in every aspect of this game now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

LOL…

What better class could this have happened to than the one with no purpose or identity for 3 years. This is absolutely laughable.

I especially love the ’you’ll need a healer in HOT’ stuff. This game doesn’t need a ‘THE’ class at all. If you wanted to make healing important then expand the healing of some classes. You don’t make a ‘go healer or go home’ class.

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

I’m impressed, this is incredible. Let’s hope it’s not clunky, if it isn’t I will cry :°D

in Ranger

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Does no one care that one of the pets is basically a dragon???

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Ranger

Kirschsahne.2081

Now the lack of beta testing time makes sense. It was dead before it was ever born. I could not be more disappointed.

gosh i have waited for that since 3 years. Finally A-Net figured out that
1 single meta build is worse than trinity.

And finally i can give back what was thrown at me for 3 years.

GW2 is about tactics and skills now, if you don’t like it GW2 is not for you

So getting a new meta for each profession is better? it’s still gonna be 1 best spec to use. nothing changes but your gear stats.

Not sure what you are talking about.
Instead tipping #1 key mindless you are forced to play a skilled positioning game and use all of your skills to keep tanks alive.

This is the best thing ever and A-Net is right so to go back to the golden age of GW.

Like i said there are plenty of Japanese MMo’s out there right now where you have nothing else than a huge Great Sword and do nothing else than slamming it into stuff.
I can give you a list if you are interested. Gw2 may not be the best choice for you in future

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’m rather impressed – yes!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Dradiin.8935

Extremely disappointed..

Than whats the point of the druid spec line? no point in that spec line if you don’t want to be a healer…. that entire line, along with the celestial form and the staff is healing 80% healing based…..

I think all these people championing the “healbot” are thinking of how great there zerker’s will do with us protecting there lazy butts, so they are here campaigning away trying to convince the ranger community of how fantastic it will be for us to heal them all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

I think every other class got an elite that makes them stronger offensively, Rangers like always get the shaft, now weather we want it or not, we will not get in groups unless we are specced to heal, and now that’s all we will be able to do if we want to play as our rangers… we will be healbots and nothing but that.

Seriously, if you are running fractals 40+ and you include a ranger in the group, you gonna let that ranger DPS ? Or will you expect it to be healing like a good little ranger should be ?

Mark my words we will be nothing but main heals in every aspect of this game now.

i take the dps one..kitten for what i need the heal in fotm 40? Oo

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Don’t get too up in arms just yet. There’s still time to adjust once the beta weekend comes around.

Try out an all around celestial build and see if that works. Celestial stats have been a reasonable compromise between healing, survivability and damage for my elementalist.

You have two non-druid trait lines, two weapon slots, and healing power is the only stat used for healing, meaning two other stats open while still healing.

Celestial and zealot gear could be a good combination.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

in Ranger

Kirschsahne.2081

INB4: GLF Druid!

Seriously, this is what I’m afraid of. GW2 was supposed to avoid the situation where you’re stuck waiting for a healer. I liked that a lot.

I hope that doesn’t happen now.

And GLF experienced zerker is way better ??
People throwing you out because you are ranger or Necro is better ????

A-Net is absolutely right in stating that right now we are in a toxic meta that destroys the game.

Druid and Tank will totaly change the whole lazy game style…

Bravo A-Net

in Ranger

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

I played holy pally and resto druid in wow for four years sir and I loved it.

Ditto here, soooo happy

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

You cry because no one wants Rangers in dungeons or PvP. Now you cry because there is a chance they will.

Oh, and the real winner here are the new pets. Finally something that puts down a smoke field AND teleports!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kailee.8790

Kailee.8790

Tragic, You must be ill-informed

As a ranger we were already given subpar dps because we have a pet – Necromancers got pet without the hit to dps

We used bows, dps got slapped to encourage melee combat, melee dmg will ALWAYS be higher

Our animations got tweaked and bugged for some of our melee weapons and now they dont work well.

and now they pigeon hole into a role which every other class is capable of doing in one way or another…

It shows that they didnt listen nor do they care

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Wow just wow guise. kitten glad I got settlers recently.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Alexander.6250

Alexander.6250

pets are cool, druid has infinite heals, but zerker people just get 1-shotted all the time so pretty useless

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

screw the glyphs, screw the staff. Going old school condi ranger with the druid trait line to be immortal in PvP. Condi’s on me? Lolz let me just drop 13 of them and full heal with celestial form/

Oh and I hope they are actually giving pets condi damage since they all seem to be so condi focused now

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

Okay Arena Net. You’ve done it. You’ve made me cry.

I was not expecting Druid to be as good as it is.

You’ve combined several features from many of my favourite games and concepts into my favourite class and made, without a doubt, the best elite specialization of Heart of Thorns.
I can’t believe how amazing it is, please just let me marry the team that worked on Druid. I will kiss their feet and I HATE feet. I need to show my appreciation and love for this ;O;

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Boom!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I only just glanced at the Wyverns’ stats, seems equal to Drake stats. Auto attack doesn’t cleave, but attack power seems higher than the drake, so maybe a good alternative when you need single target but cats will still be too squishy (perhaps Raids).

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

People wanted druid to get support, now it’s in the top of support (if not best). And to be honest, Verdant brink if you get 5 elite mobs on you ouch! zerker, or no zerker, tanky or no tanky, OUCH. Druid seems nice in this setting. Even more so in raids.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Explain to me how the Condi cleansing works.

As it stands I want to be Marksman and Beastmaster with my third trait being druid so I wouldn’t have WS line.

One trait cleanses all condis when you swap into astral form (similar to necro shroud)
Your Staff #2 has like a 6 sec CD heal that cleanses condis in an AoE. A trait that spawns this passively
And a GM trait that reduces all condition damage to you and nearby allies by 33%.

Also, we are getting a 33% passive movement speed if we are not affected by movement impairing effects.

Pretty powerful for what you might happen to play.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The druid will shake up pvp, that’s for bloody sure.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Soooo, the Trinity lives again, long live the Trinity?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon