Druid Healing WvW Zergfights, build

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

I’m saving to get ascended gear. Before I’m buying anything I was hoping fellow rangers with WvW experience could give me some advice about this build:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNBmOD7kRFogVsiVwmVgrFsUIYwd1xaa1p1N72aPdhoVA4gfveA-TlSDABOcEAMUJImq4E1+DZp87S1DA4CAIxDBIFdGqoJhUAft1C-w

Mix of cleric’s and magi’s. But maybe minstrel’s will be even better?

I think the build is self explanatory.

Advice/tips are very welcome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

all my druid experience in wvw has been roaming, but i will say: why not take Instinctive Reaction instead of Bountiful Hunter? it’s a steady 6% boost to your base Power, or a 4% boost with 25 stacks of might. that’s equiv. to 6-4 boons, constantly. It basically trades a little damage on your Pet for more reliable damage and the Quickness trait.

in Ranger

Bast Bow.2958

That’s a good option! Thanks.

Any more tips?

What about armor? I have Magi and Cleric’s mixed. Should Minstrel’s be better as a druid healer?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

It’s situational. Minstrels is extremely bunker, which is handy, but there’s not a lot of value to staying alive for its own sake in wvw. Minstrels build would be for mixing it up at the frontlines while spamming heals and ccc.

Magi and Cleric are also pretty defensive, but less so, and more justifiable in a backline build. I’d love to recommend Zealots, but, uh, that price point….

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRn0rCVsi1sCOsActgFDBDerGWTrPbhYQOjJAsuaAp8qTM1K-TViFAB5fEAif/B+UCGnOg7V/BgHBAVK/OTTQCXAgAAIA7cnpzdG4n/8n/8n/sfuzfuzfuzA-w

This is my build for WvW. It works great for now. I strongly recommend Crusader stats. With this build in a melee party I can heal like crazy, do a decent amount of damage and become very handy with spotter, aoe cc etc. I don’t recommend you to use cleric and magi. Because they’re less defansive then Crusader and healing power is not that important really. With 900-1000 healing power you can heal like crazy. Zealots are too risky for WvW because you will lack toughness a lot. And Minstrels are useless. Yes Druid is a support class but at the same time it has a great damage capacity. And you don’t want to lose that.

(edited by Wyrdfell.8327)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It’s situational. Minstrels is extremely bunker, which is handy, but there’s not a lot of value to staying alive for its own sake in wvw. Minstrels build would be for mixing it up at the frontlines while spamming heals and ccc.

Magi and Cleric are also pretty defensive, but less so, and more justifiable in a backline build. I’d love to recommend Zealots, but, uh, that price point….

Because ignorance is bliss, what or why is Zealots out or what is the price point?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You need 3000 sprokets (among other things) for zealots.

in Ranger

Bast Bow.2958

Because they’re less defansive then Crusader and healing power is not that important really. With 900-1000 healing power you can heal like crazy.

Wouldn’t you want as much healing power as possible? To get the biggest green numbers? If not, why not?

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

You need 3000 sprokets (among other things) for zealots.

Oh. Well, that is just plain stupid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

Because they’re less defansive then Crusader and healing power is not that important really. With 900-1000 healing power you can heal like crazy.

Wouldn’t you want as much healing power as possible? To get the biggest green numbers? If not, why not?

You can easily sustain enough heal with -+1000 healing power. Druid is a burst healer. We hava too little regen skills. So you don’t need enormous amount of healing power. You just need the certain number of healing power so you can sustain the proper healing at fights. Sure you can go with a pure healing build and pick the right skills and traits for it but as I said you will be missing a lot with this. You can go with pure cleric and magi and increase your healing power but with this you will lose a lot from other stats. At the and you will lack some survivabilty and a lot of damage. On top of that you can go with the nature magic for a little more healing but you will lose spotter -which is one of the most important ranger traits in my opinion- and quick draw. Support is not all about healing. And in my opinion Druid is by far the best support class for WvW right now.

(edited by Wyrdfell.8327)

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

You can easily sustain enough heal with -+1000 healing power. Druid is a burst healer. We hava too little regen skills. So you don’t need enormous amount of healing power. You just need the certain number of healing power so you can sustain the proper healing at fights. Sure you can go with a pure healing build and pick the right skills and traits for it but as I said you will be missing a lot with this. You can go with pure cleric and magi and increase your healing power but with this you will lose a lot from other stats. At the and you will lack some survivabilty and a lot of damage. On top of that you can go with the nature magic for a little more healing but you will lose spotter -which is one of the most important ranger traits in my opinion- and quick draw. Support is not all about healing. And in my opinion Druid is by far the best support class for WvW right now.

So much for the Guardian….all that heavy armor, what a waste.

Side note on healing – Celestial should be the middle ground though all things being healing related – or does that lose too much of the other stats. This seems rather difficult for a game design that has no formal healing role.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I’ve only just started testing druid in wvw guilded/zerg fight. The build i have been running is very close to the OP’s.

Some suggestions to the OP’s builds.

I think that you have to much interaction with your pet, for me I found that I wasable to keep my pets (duel drakes) alive a lot more then before druid possibly due to the fact that I’m no running healing power, but they are still dying a lot in larger/longer fights.

So I would;

- switch “invigorating bond” for “protective ward” for personal protection and AOE weakness.
- Switch “Cultivated synergy” for “Primal Echoes” extra staff skills and AOE daze coming out of Cele form.

I’m not sure how I feel about the BM line in general for this. I need to test it more, on one hand It helps keep you pet alive longer and the spam-able aoe chill is fantastic. but I find the pet still dies as the fights get bigger.

As far a gear goes I’m still not sure either, so far I like Staff/A-W staff for the majority of the fight and Axe for when your side start getting ahead (just to get tags). I’m using Nomads because Clerics does not have enough vitality, magi does not have enough toughness and mix them does not have enough of either, and ministerial is to expensive (last night it was going to cost 80g in fresh water pearls for 6 exotic insignia’s) so i might put off switching to that for a while.

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

This is the build that I have been running

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQNBmOD7kRFolFsgVwiVgrFskJYw30d6Q1Jxt4acNJrAwBIjfGJ2D-T1SDABO8EA+V9no2foNNM9qLoZlf7aCiXNCOrEEjLAAAHEAxAUE-w

I’m haven’t decided between the trait lines WS/BM/SK and i haven’t decided on the grand master druid trait.

The elite can be either Rampage of Entangle, depending on you party comp and if you are getting Stability form else where.

A lot of the stuff in this build is PBAoE so I stick as close to the commander as possible. “Allies Aid” is purely for rezing the commander, drop HS and rez.

This is still a work in progress.

in Ranger

Bast Bow.2958

Some suggestions to the OP’s builds.

I think that you have to much interaction with your pet, for me I found that I wasable to keep my pets (duel drakes) alive a lot more then before druid possibly due to the fact that I’m no running healing power, but they are still dying a lot in larger/longer fights.

As far a gear goes I’m still not sure either, so far I like Staff/A-W staff for the majority of the fight and Axe for when your side start getting ahead (just to get tags). I’m using Nomads because Clerics does not have enough vitality, magi does not have enough toughness and mix them does not have enough of either, and ministerial is to expensive (last night it was going to cost 80g in fresh water pearls for 6 exotic insignia’s) so i might put off switching to that for a while.

I’m already running this build, only don’t have the right armor yet.

To get the most support I specced for BM, to have a lot of support via synergy with my pet. But in big fights, just like you, my pets don’t last long enough, even with the BM traits that give your pet more survivability. So already switched to bears (losing a blast with the drake for healing spring, but that’s ok). Still not sure if I stay with the BM trait, maybe I’ll switch it for something else.

About armor: Would you want Minstrel’s if you had the gold for it?

in Ranger

Bast Bow.2958

Thanks for your view on this. I’ll take it in account

in Ranger

Eggyokeo.9705

About armor: Would you want Minstrel’s if you had the gold for it?

I think I would, whilest we are not sharing many boons the boon duration would help a lot for personal protection and stability