Druid/Ranger Fix

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Prahasta.1748

Prahasta.1748

Anet please fix rangers from once and for all…

They’re by far the most hated class ever in game for reasons that actually make sense…
They are supposed to be great distance damage dealers but long bow deals low damage. Condis are decent but still far from a good condi anything else. As healers like people expected druids to be the best… they’re also suppressed in the shadow of other classes which that’s not even usually a role.

As we were talking about in guild chat we came out with a collective idea that would possibly help fixing multiple of the ranger/druid issues base don the worst of their qualities… Their Pet.

Well as everyone know the AI of their pets is terrible so here’s our suggestion…
Allowing Druids to use their pets as spirits that stay with the druid instead of physical pets, granting bonus based on the pet that was equipped. E.g. If a Feline was equipped when turned into a spirit they could get extra power or the skills deal more base damage. If it’s a Moa increase their toughness and decreased time on knocks or stuns etc etc and a pet that wold increase their outgoing healing and allowing them to apply extra Rejuvenation would be the cherry on the top of the cake.

I’m not a main Druid, rarely play mine to be honest… But it’s sad that there’s a class that is being constantly bullied by “rebalances and class fixes”. If you want balance and people to play a higher variety of classes please fix what’s wrong instead of keep fixing what was made right.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Are you serious right now? Ranger is one of the top classes in the game right now. In PvE they’re practically mandatory for almost all high-level content. In raids a condi druid can put out solid damage, keep the group healed, and offers buffs like grace of the land, spotter, glyph of empowerment, sun spirit, and frost spirit.

In PvP they’re a solid class as well and can have a massive impact on any team.

Anet make Rev great again.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Prahasta.1748

Prahasta.1748

Are you serious right now? Ranger is one of the top classes in the game right now. In PvE they’re practically mandatory for almost all high-level content. In raids a condi druid can put out solid damage, keep the group healed, and offers buffs like grace of the land, spotter, glyph of empowerment, sun spirit, and frost spirit.

In PvP they’re a solid class as well and can have a massive impact on any team.

Mandatory for what? Elementalists are much better healers, condis… are you even comparing them to a proper condi class? Yeah they do enough different things to be used in a party and agree about PvP but they aren’t the best choice for any role in Raids, Fractals or WvW. And I’m not even going to compare their boons to mesmers or revenants

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: BrotatoChipps.9158

BrotatoChipps.9158

I’m not sure where you are getting your information here from, but I assume from subjective experience. Let me clarify a few things.

It is not Druid healing that is so mandatory, but rather Grace of the Land and Glyph of Empowerment. Those two things together boost party damage significantly. Raid groups nearly always take two Druids to keep up these buff up for their respective subsquads. These buffs are also a huge boon to high-tier fractal groups, especially Nightmare Challenge.

As far as your claim they lack in condi damage, I’m happy to report that no, that is an incorrect observation. A full viper ranger (not druid) running axe/torch shortbow has the highest potential condi damage out of any class. Check out the rankings here:

http://qtfy.enjin.com/dps

I agree that most classic Ranger pets could use some improvements. However, HoT pets, namely Tiger for 100% group fury uptime and Electric Wyvern for CC, are fantastic aids in Fractals, Raids, and open world combat.

Rangers overall are in a far better place now than they ever have been.

Northern Shiverpeaks
- Twisted Rune [tR]

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Wasabi Kitty.8247

You’re actually trolling aren’t you?

Elementalist is a better healer? What the kitten are you smoking man? Ele is a kitten healer compared to druid. Ele healer doesn’t put out solid dps like a power/condi druid does. Ele doesn’t give grace of the land. Ele doesn’t have spotter, glyph of empowerment, or spirits.

And full on condi ranger is one of the best condi classes at the moment, if not the best.

The fact that you think they’re not the best choice for any role in raids tells me that you’re either trolling, or that you’ve never actually cleared a raid wing and you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Condi Ranger > all other Condi’s in the game, for considerably less effort while providing the same or better utility than Engineer’s (whose utility was nerfed by the way)

Druid vs Ele as far as healing goes is a push.

Ele vs Ranger (power) goes in favor of Ele (whose utility is still good, but comparable to rangers at that point)

So as far as Ranger being weak ….Sorry not seeing it.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Elementalists are much better healers

Like hell they are!?! If a druid goes for full out healing, your elementalist arent’t even in the same league. Healing druids that knows what they’re doing, with a group that understands how a druid healing works, no other class comes even close to health healed per second. Not even close.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Daedraz.1650

Daedraz.1650

Elementalists are much better healers, condis… are you even comparing them to a proper condi class? Yeah they do enough different things to be used in a party and agree about PvP but they aren’t the best choice for any role in Raids, Fractals or WvW. And I’m not even going to compare their boons to mesmers or revenants

Clearly you have never done a single raid in your life. Druids are ‘absolute must haves’ in the current mirror comp meta along with chronos and PS warriors. I think you severely underestimate how significant spotter, frost spirit, glyph of empowerment, and gotl are, particularly when certain raid bosses require massive dps checks. The aforementioned buffs are why healing eles are very rarely used because they sacrifice all their personal dps to be able to heal on a competent level and they don’t give a single useful dps buff to the group.

And really, what the heck man? Are you seriously going to sit there and tell us that druid buffs are worse than revenant boons? Not sure what rock you’ve been living under but revenants have been obsolete for a while. Why bring a rev when a PS warrior (which is most certainly gonna be in a raid) can generate more might and do more dps; why bring a rev when your hammer guard can generate perma prot and still do more dps; etc etc. Comparing druid buffs to mesmer buffs is completely irrelevant because both classes are raid meta and there will always be at least 1 of each in every raid group. You will also find both classes in t4 fractals frequently as well.

Clearly you also don’t know the ranger class very well if you think that an ele can do condi better than a ranger. Son, condi rangers are like literal top dogs along with engis in the condi dps department right now.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Guys relax, although is nice to see such a passion we are brothers in arms here.

Let be honest here, Druid not ranger, is asked for because of the buff bot. GotL and Empowerment were utilities designed specifically with that in mind, using the only reason why rangers were tolerated in groups in the first place: frost spirit.

that together with the burst heal the Druid has is like the saviour of weak\noobs groups. That together with a good (not the best thou) condi damage to big hit boxes static bosses (mostly raid) make them perfect for raids.

However the same that is right the druid has only one use and one build it is needed for the ranger has none. Nobody would choose a ranger over any other class in game unless is for personal taste.

I understand the bruiser role the ranger was designed for, as an ability to keep dealing damage even when out of LoS (the pet) should have limited access to bursts.

but for that to be competitive the ranger needs to be well designed, skills and mechanics, so it doesn’t become something broken in game like the stealth.
So i somehow i agree with the OP, i’d love to anet to stop for a minute and try to make this class something else than an easy call for farmer bots.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Guys relax, although is nice to see such a passion we are brothers in arms here.

Let be honest here, Druid not ranger, is asked for because of the buff bot. GotL and Empowerment were utilities designed specifically with that in mind, using the only reason why rangers were tolerated in groups in the first place: frost spirit.

that together with the burst heal the Druid has is like the saviour of weak\noobs groups. That together with a good (not the best thou) condi damage to big hit boxes static bosses (mostly raid) make them perfect for raids.

However the same that is right the druid has only one use and one build it is needed for the ranger has none. Nobody would choose a ranger over any other class in game unless is for personal taste.

Ok I’m just gonna assume you don’t really raid at a high level or really any level at all. That’s fine, but it’s incredibly incorrect to say that ranger has only one viable build, and especially wrong to say that heal druid is the only one.

Ranger right now probably has the most build variety. You can go condi druid, power druid, healer druid, or condi ranger. If druid was simply the savior of bad groups, why does every top raid guild use 2 of them (or more) on every raid clear? And to say that it’s bad that people only bring druid for heals and buffs (and damage), which by the way, isn’t true; is like saying that Elementalist is weak because people only bring it for the damage.

Maybe you should try looking around at what raid groups, especially the better ones, are doing before you try to act like the class that is probably in the best place right now PvE wise, is bad.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You can go condi druid, power druid, healer druid, or condi ranger.

That’s only two builds. No matter what method you use on your druid to charge up AF, it’s still there for heals and GotL buffs.

You’re either running heal buff bot druid or condition DPS ranger. You aren’t getting into raid groups running zerk ranger.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

That’s only two builds. No matter what method you use on your druid to charge up AF, it’s still there for heals and GotL buffs.

You’re either running heal buff bot druid or condition DPS ranger. You aren’t getting into raid groups running zerk ranger.

also those two builds are only 2 possible combinations, it’s not like you can make and mix your equipment with other traitlines so you can go something different from the 3 lines you must use.

And that about raiding, people tend to forget there are other game modes and the ranger\druid is even more locked up in even less viable builds.

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I don’t think you understand what a build actually is.

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Condition Ranger: Alright in PvP, trash in wvw, an absolute godsend in pve content. Increased poison & bleed damage is just great. I don’t think any other profession gets the option to boost the damage on two conditions. =)
Druids: An especially powerful team support player that can carry a team — but is often the direction of blame should that team lose.

Lets see what the balance patch brings. Hopefully they don’t murder CA access anymore.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

We all know what will happen in the new patch.
Warriors – more invulnerability and damage output
Thieves – more stealth, dodges, and damage output
Mesmers – even more stealth
Necro/Reaper – nerf epidemic, but add more damage output
Elementalist – more nukes, with a few nerfs. Still OP.
Engineer – no love ever
Revenant – we like, but no updates
Ranger – you stay pigeonholed as healer because we only created druid for the raid content for the elites of GW2. In fact we’ll nerf your attacks with anything but staff. Oh, and that pet fix – NEVER – you don’t need that extra damage the pet is supposed to do(and takes away from your real damage output). It will still die to one shots, so keep it on a leash.

As you can see I’m not happy with the role ANeT forced on Rangers. Druid was created solely for HoT Raids. Sure, you don’t need to play a healer, but you will be treated like the dungeon runners used to treat rangers unless you do.

What Ranger should have become if ANeT hadn’t decided to kitten Rangers:
Hunter elite class – My Ranger/Druid Fix.
Traps – what the dragon hunter OP traps do.
(Tracking)Stealth Detection – track, target and hit stealthed creatures within a certain range. Can link to pet type(Dogs(smell and hearing), Wolves(dogs), Pigs/boar(yes pigs), Cats(hearing))
More long bow and short bow damage. Maybe more range. Oh, maybe new skill lines that add Sniping skills, poison(to longbow), etc.
Sniper Shot – something similar to snipers in HoT.
True Beat Mastery – Still working on my concept, but pets have better AI.
New Weapon – Rifle of course. Not my favorite, but makes sense.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Look, actually druids should be the best choice to run as wvw commander because all the buffs the class is supposed to give and the healing he is supposed to output.
Sad true that it is not: healing capabilities were destroyed when they destroyed the lingering light trait and keep nerfing the access to the healer state.

Well we will see soon but for what I understood the changes will be something forgettable with the most wow thing the GotL to work up to 10 allies but reduced the buff to a max of +10% damage .

So yeah: crappppp

I TOLD YOU SO

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

If they swapped lingering light out with a stability trait (much like ds necro) and revert the CA cooldown in wvw then tanky druids might actually be a decent option for heal-commanding. Decent, not stellar. As it stands, good luck on that front.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Look, actually druids should be the best choice to run as wvw commander because all the buffs the class is supposed to give and the healing he is supposed to output.

With the way most battles go down, it’s the class that’s the most durable that is the best choice. You can’t do better than a nomad’s guardian. Druid simply doesn’t have enough hard survival abilities. Our best “invul” skills is stone signet which has a long cool down and doesn’t block condi damage.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I play a Ranger, without the Druid part, and I beat everything easy in solo PvE, have top damage in Dungeons and Fractals, I’m in the top five in Raids, I am pretty awesome in WvW, and if someone could get to me in PvP it would be incredible…

I have a Longbow / Greatsword build that is pretty good, especially if you know how to use it. That’s the point I’m trying to make, by the way. It’s all about knowing how to play what you’re playing, not what build someone else says is better.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Got most of my guess correct on the patch. Ranger loses again.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Druid/Ranger Fix

in Ranger

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Yeah, because thats what they have as class mechanic. Its like saying ele has 1 build because they use overloads with Harmonious Conduit.

A heal druid uses his CA primarily for heals, secondly buffs. He has plenty of astral force generation, so he can use his CA on cooldown and use his Quick Draw on CA and let it run for full 15 sec. He is likely to be given secondary jobs like flak kiting, KC orb pushing etc as he is durable with a lot of vitality and healing. He uses staff and sword/x.

A condi druid uses his CA primarily for buffs, secondly for heals. He has moderate amount of astral force generation, so he might not always use his CA on cooldown, uses his Quick Draw outside CA and exits CA after landing 5 stacks of GotL as not to lose too much astral force. He is generally treated as dps and actually does a good job at it. He uses shortbow and axe/torch.

So there is two different druids here. Even though they both heal and spread GotL, they have different focuses and playstyles.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)