Druid Roaming Outnumbered

in Ranger

Posted by: Beatdown.9750

Beatdown.9750

Hey guys,
since there is not much to do right now in this game I made a little casual roaming compilation with my cancer druid for anyone interested.

Featuring:

• tryhards
  • human female in underwear
  • Smokescale-Portal-kill (serves that mesmer right for playing condi!)
  • GS 4 kills
  • a pretty unlucky gankthief

Already sold by the second argument?
Here you go…

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqA1Ci9CCOsActglOBzpvFAKcwr0Y6O9pFMAWYl480A-TVCHwA+V/BoyvAHBAAHCgw6C6t/QiLAQ5HAwTlgECo8YA-w

(edited by Beatdown.9750)

in Ranger

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

Hey guys,
since there is not much to do right now in this game I made a little casual roaming compilation with my cancer druid for anyone interested.

Featuring:

• tryhards
  • human female in underwear
  • Smokescale-Portal-kill (serves that mesmer right for playing condi!)
  • GS 4 kills
  • a pretty unlucky gankthief

Already sold by the second argument?
Here you go…

Build:
http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqA1Ci9CCOsActglOB7pFMAWYO9tAQhDelWT3pl480A-TVCHwAAOEABOCAh1F0b/hyPAA/q/AU53TlgJuAAECo8YA-w

Lol I hate you druids and your pets.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in Ranger

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I run something similar but using marksmanship instead of nature magic.

More squishy but can do some really unexpected high burst with remorseless.

in Ranger

Beatdown.9750

I run something similar but using marksmanship instead of nature magic.

More squishy but can do some really unexpected high burst with remorseless.

yeah especially with tiger F2 you can oneshot people with opening strikes, pretty funny sometimes

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You play well. I wish people would stop blaming it. The OP plays well, knows how to manage celestial force, use range, and the class. Some of the whispers back are just from players who can’t admit they got beat by someone better. So they blame the class or spew hate. That is the toxic part of the game though

Enjoyable. Thanks for posting it.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

@Justine.6351 The OP does us celestial shadow, it’s not mentioned in the build description but you can clearly see it in the video

This build is not more obnoxious than any other meta build, condi mesmers, gyro scrappers, shield revs, shield/x ,berserkers etc…

What we see in this video like in most roaming videos is the OP power of editing, In reality this build will stuggle to kill other sustain builds and big chunk of ifghts will end up in a darw after long boring sessions of staff 1 and brits F2(LB over GS will help in some cases). However, what our options? I used to run somthing like that and got board, changed NM/WS to MM, ditched SoS, diched druidic clarity and clectrail shadow for echos and VE, play more offensive stats and sigils compared to OP, changed brits to tiger. All sacrifices to my survivability and utility havnt realy resulted in a significant DPS boost and this the big issue with druid.
No risk reward options, no high ceiling skill options.
Look at thouse last balance moves from A.net – nerf to MOC – really???? nerf to the unpopular MM traitline that reqiuers us to remove a defensive/utiliy traitline?
Nerf to healing seend which is a nerf to VE and glyphs? How wouldnt I take celctrail avtar+ druidic clarity, i’m being pushed to do so.

Shave the survivability boost the offensive traitlines, raise the skill curve with good timing abilites like unblockble and such. Do the same with all other proffasions.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m not a fan of the team healing mechanics from any profession, but if it were not for Druid then we would continue to be complete lunch meat in pvp modes. Finally rangers can stand their ground or break out in emergency at times, and the world of tyria cries out in disbelief. For this I thank Irenio.

There are plenty of times where I’m still torn up by good players, and pound for pound there are still much better profession to run competitively. Druid is still not top contender, but at least we can attemp to hold our own without being blow up in 5 seconds and do find some successes now with the Druid toolkit. With that said, ranger/druid is still a one trick pony and still in the mediocre category.

Good video btw, fun to watch.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Beatdown.9750

@Justine.6351 The OP does us celestial shadow, it’s not mentioned in the build description but you can clearly see it in the video

This build is not more obnoxious than any other meta build, condi mesmers, gyro scrappers, shield revs, shield/x ,berserkers etc…

What we see in this video like in most roaming videos is the OP power of editing, In reality this build will stuggle to kill other sustain builds and big chunk of ifghts will end up in a darw after long boring sessions of staff 1 and brits F2(LB over GS will help in some cases). However, what our options? I used to run somthing like that and got board, changed NM/WS to MM, ditched SoS, diched druidic clarity and clectrail shadow for echos and VE, play more offensive stats and sigils compared to OP, changed brits to tiger. All sacrifices to my survivability and utility havnt realy resulted in a significant DPS boost and this the big issue with druid.
No risk reward options, no high ceiling skill options.
Look at thouse last balance moves from A.net – nerf to MOC – really???? nerf to the unpopular MM traitline that reqiuers us to remove a defensive/utiliy traitline?
Nerf to healing seend which is a nerf to VE and glyphs? How wouldnt I take celctrail avtar+ druidic clarity, i’m being pushed to do so.

Shave the survivability boost the offensive traitlines, raise the skill curve with good timing abilites like unblockble and such. Do the same with all other proffasions.

Updated build, of course I use celestial shadow…made an error here. Sorry.

You are right, this build is not OP, it’s just funny how often people start crying when they get killed with that stupid staff beam because they can’t hide anymore with reflects.

This build is clearly not for fast kills and it’s not for everyone if you prefer a more offensive playstyle. But honestly the only people I struggle killing are zergbuilds with healing power. The sigill of doom on GS also helps a lot if you time it good. If you can’t kill people with it, you are doing it wrong. Even a scrapper or a druid (with a similar build) will somehow go down. Use GS5 interrupt. Swapping to Smokescale also interrupts them, since it uses the knockdown after smoke assault.

Takes some practice, heck I even 3 v 1 killed a minionmaster and two staff guards, but I decided to not put this one in the video since it’s a boring fight. As I said, it takes some patience.

Btw. good points, I totally agree that general sustain of the current meta is too high. What will we probably get? Remove some amulets from pvp, gj anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Great Video!

Just wanted to mention to the people complaining; the only real reason why you guys can’t beat Druids is because you don’t understand how Druid works. Learn the big skills to dodge (GS skills, LB skills on the common build variant, smokescale rush, bristleback pew pew), learn the animation for WHaO so you can interrupt it, and learn to watch for Celestial Form for unloading condi bombs/CC. There isn’t a single common roaming build that lacks the tools to deal with Druids, and Druids really don’t have a very versatile kit for dealing with more versatile enemies, they just rely on a few niche mechanics and big heals to cover mistakes that core ranger players used to have to know better than to make (meant as truth, not as insult ofc).

So yeah, it really is a learn to play issue if you can’t kill a Druid, minus some highly specialized Druid troll builds, but that isn’t the sort of build that should be able to kill you anyhow, and it isn’t a concept that’s unique to Druid.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

@Lugh, @Swag, @Beat – all good points and I agree. In fact, we just had this conversataion last night in one of the parties I was in. More than likely the sustain will be toned down or that is the thought. Honestly, I hope not because to me it seems other classes have it similar yet also more offensive power.

Ranger / Druid’s issue isn’t sustain but rather there is no balance or synergy and pets and player stats are not addressed. Once our pets become one with us this will go away and we’ll accept tweaks to the class.

Then again, it looks like right now that the devs are on auto-pilot…

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The biggest issues I have with druid at the moment are separation of pet stats, and the general power creep with HoT pets paired with the sustain the druid has. The fact boons are so OP in general and that the druid can bounce them so readily between it and its pet encourages just downright frustrating builds that spec super tanky and still deal pretty high damage. I won’t discredit the OP for playing well, though.

Boon reworks are needed game-wide, and couping build stats to pets would let the class be out of the awkwardness of having too much or too little damage or sustain.

Not really sure how that thief was “unlucky” though. You’re traited to deal with them from Protective Ward and despite being D/P.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m going to have to record a few Druids I know that are running a similar build to show how broken it is.

Just because you can counter/kill something doesn’t mean it’s balanced. To me this is about the same as the trapper Thief videos, minimal talent, mostly trolling. It would be more enjoyable to watch if OP had less of a “lul git gud” attitude about it but that’s the kind of mentality builds that carry you tend to give.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’m going to have to record a few Druids I know that are running a similar build to show how broken it is.

Just because you can counter/kill something doesn’t mean it’s balanced. To me this is about the same as the trapper Thief videos, minimal talent, mostly trolling. It would be more enjoyable to watch if OP had less of a “lul git gud” attitude about it but that’s the kind of mentality builds that carry you tend to give.

Name a working build from any class that’s accepted as the highest efficiency build, but isn’t a “carry” build.

Just because you (or anybody else) don’t agree with the way the game is balanced doesn’t mean that it lacks balance. The HoT specs are actually incredibly well balanced against each other.

Is the current game design disagreeable then? Definitely, but it is balanced against itself.

More importantly, WvW is impossible to implement any semblance of balance in. 1v1s are inherently imbalanced because the main balance goal is 5v5 PvP, and WvW has too many gearing variables and encounter variables to ever even remotely try to implement changes that don’t break on some scale.

In PvP, most “pro” players didn’t even consider Druid to be “top 5” worthy until just now after a team with a Druid wins some money, which should be very indicative of the actual intended balance point of the game, as opposed to an “unsupported gametype” where typically, the most malignant cancer build wins.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@Beatdown.9750 Hi man, thanx for sharing the video, good job BTW.
Thanx for feedback, I maybe doing somthing wrong but to be honest I cant imagine ways you can get actually good with this build, and that was one of my issues with it when I played somthing similar, I asked myself how can I put more pressure or brust I had no answers, the build offers no real room for “geeting good”. Perheps you know somthing I don’t, If u’r playing EU I would be more happy to duel and try stuff out.

@Crapgame.6519
U’r right, but i dont c A.net changing the pet mechanic. U’r also right, about other meta proffasion’s sustain wich is as good as druid sustain and for some situation even better. Players of other classes seens to forget that healing is only one form of sustain and not among the strongest in the game..

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Name a working build from any class that’s accepted as the highest efficiency build, but isn’t a “carry” build.

Just because you (or anybody else) don’t agree with the way the game is balanced doesn’t mean that it lacks balance. The HoT specs are actually incredibly well balanced against each other.

Is the current game design disagreeable then? Definitely, but it is balanced against itself.

More importantly, WvW is impossible to implement any semblance of balance in. 1v1s are inherently imbalanced because the main balance goal is 5v5 PvP, and WvW has too many gearing variables and encounter variables to ever even remotely try to implement changes that don’t break on some scale.

In PvP, most “pro” players didn’t even consider Druid to be “top 5” worthy until just now after a team with a Druid wins some money, which should be very indicative of the actual intended balance point of the game, as opposed to an “unsupported gametype” where typically, the most malignant cancer build wins.

By that logic, nothing is easy.

The point I’m trying to make is that the build in the video and the one I see everywhere in WvW lately is minimal effort.

I don’t think WvW should be balanced around 1v1 nor do I think it ever has been. I’m saying that if you can coast through a fight half asleep and still win, it’s probably not something you should claim to play well. It’d be like if I said I’m good at riding a bike with training wheels. Sure I need to learn to pedal first, but how do I fail beyond that.

in Ranger

Beatdown.9750

I like it when people start discussions, but don’t take everything so serious and consider things as “broken”. (I probably should not have mentioned the word “cancer”, this is just my kind of sarcasm…)
As some of you already pointed out, this is WvW, not competitive PVP. If you go into WvW expecting fair fights with a perfectly balanced meta, you are completely wrong(even SPVP can’t offer that honestly). You will get outnumbered, ganked and countered by some builds. Roaming is just a deathmatch. All these random situations make this gamemode interesting in my opinion. This build offers everything you need and is also helpful in teamfights.

@LughLongArm – just add me and wsp me ingame when I’m online

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

The point I’m trying to make is that the build in the video and the one I see everywhere in WvW lately is minimal effort.

I don’t think WvW should be balanced around 1v1 nor do I think it ever has been. I’m saying that if you can coast through a fight half asleep and still win, it’s probably not something you should claim to play well. It’d be like if I said I’m good at riding a bike with training wheels. Sure I need to learn to pedal first, but how do I fail beyond that.

If you look at my history I rarely ever type “lol”, but I do have to lol your “minimal effort” and “coast through a fight half asleep”…

Go stream and put up some unedited videos of your own ranger against some quality players in spvp and havok groups in wvw and tell me just how minimal effort it takes…

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’m with you on that sentiment, but really I think that’s just where the game is at right now.

Unfortunately, ANet has designed the game since launch where playing more complex or complicated builds or playstyles doesn’t have a high enough tradeoff to playing the more simple/easy/etc builds.

At least in PvP, they removed all of the meaningful dual defensive stat amulets and replaced them with amulets which, if they had dual defensive stats, both of them together barely add up to a single category of their prior values. In WvW though, the easy/efficient builds get exasperated by the ability to build for “broken” stat combinations.

This on top of ANets unwillingness to ever even attempt to balance boons correctly, or even remotely build any sort of counter for them, leaving the best counter to be the “if you can’t beat them, join them” strategy, all add together at a core design level.

Then, we get to how inefficient it is to run any utilities on Druid other than Signets, Shouts, or Glyphs. So naturally, you pick trait lines the boost the abilities to use these utilities, which means immediately picking BM to go with Druid because you’re going to end up picking Heal as One as the heal since there is no signet heal and the glyph heal is widely considered bad outside of PvE raids (especially in solo setting). Then of course you’re going to either pick the Taunt GM or the Quickness GM, and most people immediately go quickness because of the synergy with the boons on shouts and then of course NM is the next most logical traitline because more boon share, more boons, more defense, but ofc, you can go more offensive with MM and get more boons and offense, or Skirmishing for double using certain skills if you want to “mix it up a little.”

And then apply that situation across every class in the game.

A lot of us had this discussion when HoT was first announced; if ANet doesn’t go back and balance the core specs first, aka, bringing all of the utilities up to par in some way, and then introduces new stuff on top of it, it will create apex predator build options where you end up forced into 2-3 traitlines and families and nothing will ever compete with them. We begged them to address the core balance issues first, but look at where we are, nothing happened, everything played out like we predicted, and now we’re waiting on another expansion to see any sort of significant change to build diversity, which won’t be due to the ability to use older options, but the necessity to use new options and combine them with the least worst old options.

Attempting to take the ignorance is bliss route though; I like the OP’s video for what it is. In general, anybody still creating content with quality content (aka working builds and an attempt to show off any sort of exciting content) should be encouraged to do so.

I tried streaming/recording once and I found it just wasn’t worth my time, but I like to see others do so and do well enough with it

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

If you look at my history I rarely ever type “lol”, but I do have to lol your “minimal effort” and “coast through a fight half asleep”…

Go stream and put up some unedited videos of your own ranger against some quality players in spvp and havok groups in wvw and tell me just how minimal effort it takes…

More hatemail comes from the ones that think they can escape their laziness by using cheese builds and failing than from the ones that get frustrated over the annoyance of having to deal with fighting it. This is the kind of build that you gank so you can lol at them trying to justify your incompetence when they angrily whisper you. “You couldn’t beat me 1v1 tho! Rawr, rawr, scrub!” Meanwhile they design their build to be able to troll 1v5’s then make videos like the OP’s going “look ma, no hands!”

If you’re having fun, all that matters. But I’m not going to claim that this is anything other than fun.

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

-snip-

Watching this to me is like watching a trapper Thief. Yawn, shake your head and maybe enjoy listening to what ever music happens to be edited over the video.

You know all the counters but it’s a lot easier said than done when you’re actually fighting it, especially in WvW where you’re not confined to a small little circle.

I suppose I’ll stop talking though and congratulate the OP on accomplishing what I’ve seen dozens of times over the past few months from various different players. I just wish it weren’t yet another addition to the abysmal state of what roaming has become.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

More hatemail comes from the ones that think they can escape their laziness by using cheese builds and failing than from the ones that get frustrated over the annoyance of having to deal with fighting it. This is the kind of build that you gank so you can lol at them trying to justify your incompetence when they angrily whisper you. “You couldn’t beat me 1v1 tho! Rawr, rawr, scrub!” Meanwhile they design their build to be able to troll 1v5’s then make videos like the OP’s going “look ma, no hands!”

If you’re having fun, all that matters. But I’m not going to claim that this is anything other than fun.

The real issue is that ranger sucked and was a bottom feeder for 3 year and now some of you are up in arms this profession can fight back.

You have a ranger, go stream and make some unedited videos of fights for us to see against great players, then come back here and let’s talk. Show us all how faceroll easy it is.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

-snip-

Watching this to me is like watching a trapper Thief. Yawn, shake your head and maybe enjoy listening to what ever music happens to be edited over the video.

You know all the counters but it’s a lot easier said than done when you’re actually fighting it, especially in WvW where you’re not confined to a small little circle.

I suppose I’ll stop talking though and congratulate the OP on accomplishing what I’ve seen dozens of times over the past few months from various different players. I just wish it weren’t yet another addition to the abysmal state of what roaming has become.

I agree, I’ve personally played WvW almost exclusively for numerous months now and have participated in (and even won) a few multi-guild 1v1 tournaments that have been organized by guilds on our server and friendly guilds on other servers though, and really just don’t like where the game has been headed and continues to go, for/from any gamemode perspective (though I’ve only done a few of the raid encounters, but I find them to be pure sleep DPS trials with difficulty scaling being the amount of BS/1shot mechanics per encounter).

All I really mean to say is, don’t hate the player, hate the game (hahaha).

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

-snip-

You don’t need to stop, nor anyone else who has an opinion. However, you need to take the video for what it is. I think the issue a few of us have is that they make it seem like a cheese build or video. Sort of like everyone heard back when Schumacher / Ferrari was winning everything or Mansell with Indy. Hey – my grandmother could win a race if she was driving that Ferrari or Ford Cosworth!

Game videos are nothing more than a action reel and used has a form of entertainment. Funny thing is, the player still has to play. They are not asleep. They can be counted (CC), and just about every class in the game that enters WvW has similar if not easier builds. We all see them and we call them troll builds.

Personally, with the Druid and Ranger, comfort != cheese or easy mode. That is what I find offensive. But no matter – we’re all playing the same game so enjoy!

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

-snip-

Bolded part…

And the truth comes out…

There is you issue… Ranger/Druid can now kite, engage and disengage far better, can survive longer and has a better tool set to find some success… You probably want the confined space free lunch kill and are here complaining that you actually have to work for it.

I bet you mostly roam on a condition bomb necro, try to 1v1 a lot and got your pixels handed to you by a few skilled druids or left you in the dust.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Skilled rangers have never been free kills in WvW.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Skilled rangers have never been free kills in WvW.

Skilled players.

Mommy and daddy lied boys and girls. Someone has to win, someone has to lose in these types of games. Not everyone is equal in RL or fantasy land.

Stop blaming the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Problem with Shadow is it pretty much gets countered by anyone with the forthsight to bring reavealed. Revenants timing their reveal as you stealth screws up your reset.

I’m also not impressed with some of those thieves, the moment you go into stealth they should be doing so as well as they can stealth for longer and reset just like you.

Thieves should be forcing you to burn stunbreaks so they can burst you down truly, never commit until cd’s are burnt since thieves don’t function on any cd besides basilisk venom.

I don’t get why anyone complains about this druid build. It kills so slowly, you can simply run to the nearest tower or group of people.

This is purely a duelist build, utterly useless compared to daredevils/scrappers/mesmers who kill in a fraction of the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

What I find funny is fighting scrub scrappers who try to reveal you when you stealth for only 3s (Via LB3 or leaving CA) which by that time it triggers, you are where you want to be anyway. Better off waiting and prepping something else,lol. Druid is my current WvW main, but I am working towards having all 9 of my toons to have different builds for different situations, depending on what classes I come across while roaming in WvW.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

someone is salty

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-Plague-of-Nerfs-MUST-READ/first#post6254889

Read the article, you’ll see that the likes of @SpellsofInquiry are not unheard in the MMO world : individuals who will pursue nerfs for their own class in order to elevate their own role/build..nothing new, they are others like him on every profession thread

EX: A staff ele who proposed to nerf earth traitline as he considered focus eles to be noobs carried by build
-same with few power wars talking about condi wars..and so on

P.S I find it very amusing…some players asking for nerfs to something they can’t beat, once they beat what is now too weak because of nerfs ..they’ll think to be the hot kitten.
If you wonder where the build diversity has gone from GW2 well….anet simply try too hard to please the whining crowd

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-Plague-of-Nerfs-MUST-READ/first#post6254889

Read the article, you’ll see that the likes of @SpellsofInquiry are not unheard in the MMO world : individuals who will pursue nerfs for their own class in order to elevate their own role/build..nothing new, they are others like him on every profession thread

EX: A staff ele who proposed to nerf earth traitline as he considered focus eles to be noobs carried by build

P.S I find it very amusing…some players asking for nerfs to something they can’t beat, once they beat what is now too weak because of nerfs ..they’ll think to be the hot kitten.
If you wonder where the build diversity has gone from GW2 well….anet simply try too hard to please the whining crowd

There are plenty of people who agree with me. I find it more amusing how blindly ignorant this sub is.

I think this will be the last time I visit the Ranger section. No point trying to discuss anything with people who only want things that benefit their profession instead of things that put them in line with everyone else. It’s one thing to want to want improvements, it’s another to deny when what you want is unreasonable.

Have fun kittening.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

There are plenty of people who agree with me. I find it more amusing how blindly ignorant this sub is.

I think this will be the last time I visit the Ranger section. No point trying to discuss anything with people who only want things that benefit their profession instead of things that put them in line with everyone else. It’s one thing to want to want improvements, it’s another to deny when what you want is unreasonable.

Have fun kittening.

Dud, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Unlike you I have done my research after this post, I have located the OP in game, we duled togather, tried out stuff. Have you doe any of it?

1)I can tell you for sure, The OP can handle his druid much better than most roamers.

2)His build while very strong got the exact problem I have suspected it has which was posted in the discussion. It will stugle to “close the deal” vs good sustain builds/classes like druids, berserkers,scrrapers, condi mesmers etc… (best canidates for an endless fights).

3)His build is vulnerable to chain CC and brust damage, best canidates to overwhelm this build – Shatter mesmers/invocation revs/axe-sheild berserkers/very very good deardevils. I was able to overwhelm the OP with my roaming build which is very different to the OP roaming build which is also a point regarding your duild diversity argument"

4) The outnumbers fights you saw in the video were picked from long time of recording and were exacuted by bad-average players. This build has no tools to fight more than 2v1 vs players that know what they’r doing, and even less tools to deny revive in downstate(no CC, low cleave dmg etc..) The OP even told me that his server is a low tier ranking server and that he’s thinking on changing sever to higher tier ranking one.

5) This spesific type of builds greatly rely on pets damage which was nerfed hard affter bristlback and somkescale damgme nerf on last patch.

6)Regarding build diversity , ATM this is an overall GW2 issue, not a ranger/druid spesific issue, with druid the situation is much beeter compred to other classes. I can link you like 5 good roamers videos each with a differnt build and game style. Roaming breserkers are identical down to the last utility.

7)This forum has various topics which are solely dedicated to the issue of druid changes/improvemnts etc.. Changing the trade off of the druid, shaving some of its surivebility for more attack options, have been disscused rapidly. I think that the tradeoff of risk-reward should be inforced on all classes, like point (6), ATM its GW2 issue, not a ranger/druid spesific.

in Ranger

Beatdown.9750

Well…I don’t know what I should think of this balance patch. Build is still good, the rune works now as intended and Swoop is not affected by conditions.
Only thing that hurts is the “Guard”-nerf, but thats not a big deal. They nerfed a lot damage reduction skills on other classes as well (Maybe this is the “damage-buff” that this build needs lol). I hope they will look into some less-used traits to increase build diversity in the future.

Tested some of the reworked pets, most of them still don’t hit anything (not a surprise). Currently trying something new by switching the NM – traitline for Skirmishing for more offensive power. Probably worth it since this kind of playstyle is more rewarding after they nerfed some defensive skills/traits.

Conclusion: It could have been worse (for this build at least)