Druid Shoulders Aren't Ugly

in Ranger

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The druid shoulders look like an ugly tangled mess first glance, but on examination are an intricate diorama of ranger pets.

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Ya, we know. But with appearances, first glance is what that counts….

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

it just looks like a brown lump on my rangers shoulder, probably left there by Nevermore…

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Yeah I was impressed by the carved animals when I got the shoulders, then I tried to dye them and fit them into my toons style. It simply couldn’t work. They’re too massive, bulky and have only two dye slots. It really is a testament to anet that they managed to take an impressive concept model, then make it a hideous, unwieldy mess. Pretty much a metaphor for Ranger and druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

You’re right. They aren’t ugly, they’re Effin’ hideous!

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Hazka.6503

Hazka.6503

The problem about them is that they only have two dye channels. If they had 4 that were thought out a bit more they could potentially be very awesome =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

To be fair, I have only found the reaper skin to actually deliver. Chrono shoulders are okay too but the rest are kinda ugly as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The druid shoulder is detailed and well thought? Yes
Is it good looking? Nope.

To be fair, I have only found the reaper skin to actually deliver. Chrono shoulders are okay too but the rest are kinda ugly as well.

DH gauntlet also looks good, too bad it is asymmetrical like Herald’s shoulder, otherwise I would use both.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

It’s very Radagast the Brown-y

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

The druid shoulder is detailed and well thought? Yes
Is it good looking? Nope.

DH gauntlet also looks good, too bad it is asymmetrical like Herald’s shoulder, otherwise I would use both.

I think the design has an unhealthy obsession with asymmetrical armors and I do not like it… It’s right up there with the decision to have 99.99% of medium armors (male) to be dresses and skirts.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Ya, we know. But with appearances, first glance is what that counts….

That’s what she said… ;(

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Never noticed this up close, but it’s still hideous.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The berserker helm isn’t bad. You can definitely make it work. It’s almost like a heavy armor version of tribal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Neat diorama, still an ugly shoulder piece.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

They need it to look more simple and take out the brambles on it. This is a good example of a skin that looks good from afar and has some nice detail up close.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sovereign_Pillar_

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I like em.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frigoris.7853

Frigoris.7853

So that’s where all the druid/pet synergy went…

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

I personally love them, they remind me alot of something that a Warcraft druid would wear, which is what my druid is themed off of. If I had my way though the mess of branches would be replaced with feathers or something.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Just because something has intricate details it doesn’t mean it isn’t ugly. Personally I think these are pretty kitten bad, but thanks to medium armors being generally bad it’s still in the top 6-7.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

It’s detailed yes, but it still is incredibly ugly. Also, no idea why it’s pet-themed when the trait line including exclusive weapon, exclusive utilities and exclusive class mechanic has absolutely nothing to do with pets. Should have been astral/celestial/blue-spaceman themed rather.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jheuloh.4109

Jheuloh.4109

I don’t think the motif is inherently bad, but it should’ve been handled differently. There’s too many ideas competing for space on that shoulder piece. There’s 8 different animals that you counted on there! Results in all of them getting badly diminished in presence & detail. The bramble part of the shoulder-piece seem like their own design entirely.

(edited by Jheuloh.4109)

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

They look like a half digested harpy, regurgitated by a river drake…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorpi.5904

Zorpi.5904

Yeah… Not ugly when you zoom in much as you can. But ugly as hell when you zoom out and have nothing to do with druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

The shoulders aren’t ugly if you squint your eyes to the point you can barely see anything, then they look alright.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It’s kind of sad that medium (again) got handled this way. Just take a look at those chrono/tempest/revenant shoulders ..

in Ranger

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Would have been a lot better if it was themed around planets, stars and all that druid type stuff – druids have nothing to do with animals whatsoever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

This would appear to be one of those concepts that is downright amazing in the concept room, but isn’t so great in practice.

Some artist is probably shedding bitter tears right now at the neglected detail of those shoulders, lost to the naked eye.

Or words to that effect.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Idk why but i cringe a bit seeing those stuffed ‘dead’ animals attached to a clothing item.. no thanks, ill take my generic leather shoulder

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Even if you liked its appearance you can’t mix and match to create a coherent look with any other armor pieces, and that’s not a matter of personal taste. You may like the look of twigs on top of your trench coat but there is zero continuity/coherency between them. Not even Sylvari cultural armor manages to pull it off; you have smooth lines then, suddenly, twigs.