Druid Staff skill 1 - Beam

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

The Beam requires an enemy target, meaning you cannot point at an Ally (like with Combat camera) and heal them, as there will be no beam with a target.

I think this needs to be changed.

p.s. Change back SmokeScale

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Merkin.8412

Merkin.8412

Definitely. Would be way more fun to play with this change.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

haven’t you enough to complain about? the beam is totally fine. it’s kind of skill-based. you’ll build AF as long as u have your pet or a teammate within the beam. rotate around your target and skim through the friendlies. it’s super simple.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

haven’t you enough to complain about? the beam is totally fine. it’s kind of skill-based. you’ll build AF as long as u have your pet or a teammate within the beam. rotate around your target and skim through the friendlies. it’s super simple.

What if you need to heal and there is no target?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

and what situation would that be in pvp?

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

PvE – Wyvern Battle, when it takes flight.
What if we just don’t want to target anyway?

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

When someone has to peel off, as in they really need the healing, they are in front of you with no target in front of them and you do not have AF charged, or CAF is on CD.

Anytime you want to heal someone that is not standing between you and a target. Like, you are coming into a node to assist someone and they are on the far side fighting the target on the near side. You are helpless to assist with healing until you run around behind them and shoot through them.

Imo, its just terrible design.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Make Staff 1 similar to Celestial Avatar 1: ground-targeted.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

When someone has to peel off, as in they really need the healing, they are in front of you with no target in front of them and you do not have AF charged, or CAF is on CD.

Anytime you want to heal someone that is not standing between you and a target. Like, you are coming into a node to assist someone and they are on the far side fighting the target on the near side. You are helpless to assist with healing until you run around behind them and shoot through them.

Imo, its just terrible design.

but if your AF isn’t charged by then, then you cant help that person with just heals. the first 15-20 seconds of a fight, I don’t really fight. I just charge up my avatar by positioning properly. what u can do outside of avatar is Sublime Conversion + AG + CotW which can heal someone for almost 5k without healing power, closer to 7-8k if you got minstrel. the other thing you can do, and sometimes the best thing, is to help them by proccing LL as much as you can. blinds, and small heals.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

That would be no better, since it would only snap to enemy targets, unless the target to be healed was in melee range with the target, you still cannot heal and damage at the same time. If it were a large GT like Necro staff, then sure it would be good.

If it would just channel the beam without a target, it would be awesome as you could heal and deal AoE damage at once.

My $0.02 anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

That would be no better, since it would only snap to enemy targets, unless the target to be healed was in melee range with the target, you still cannot heal and damage at the same time. If it were a large GT like Necro staff, then sure it would be good.

If it would just channel the beam without a target, it would be awesome as you could heal and deal AoE damage at once.

My $0.02 anyway.

Actually you can snap Celestial 1 onto Ally; I was thinking Staff 1 can (should) be too. I tested yesterday on a small group. But then I got so tired (and frustrated) on generating AF and soon watching all the hard-earned AF drain away as soon as I walk towards the side of the camp fighting another enemy…

Anyway, if Staff 1 is ground-targeted, perhaps with a wider AoE area, it can deal damage with needed and heal any melee players happens to be there and pure heal ranged players (or players in awkward positions) when needed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim.4935

Jim.4935

The Beam requires an enemy target, meaning you cannot point at an Ally (like with Combat camera) and heal them, as there will be no beam with a target.

This needs to be a thing. I feel like if Druid was in the first Beta Weekend it would be completely different by now and much more enjoyable. See how the Reaper or other Elite Sepcs were at the beginning and how they are now.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

This needs to be a thing. I feel like if Druid was in the first Beta Weekend it would be completely different by now and much more enjoyable. See how the Reaper or other Elite Sepcs were at the beginning and how they are now.

you could be right. but I’m actually loving my druid, even though it needs more improvements. I’m not by any means a fanboy, because I criticized the spec harshly after BWE3. but I think Irenio did a fantastic job incorporating our feedback:

- more offensive utility on avatar (blinds)
- more stab (NC)
- more stun breakers (equality, druidic clarity)
- Astral Grace Evade
- competitive and relevant GM’s

the AF decay to me feel fine honestly…I keep telling you guys to just keep a friendly target in your beam at all times, and you’re always gonna be full. but my fingers are getting tired of typing.

the one thing that needs improvement is rate of AF gain from other weapons, specifically axe, sword, torch, dagger, sb, etc. and a sliiiight decrease in AF decay.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Actually you can snap Celestial 1 onto Ally…

Didn’t know that, that’s sweet! In that case, I will agree on the condition it has a decent sized AoE and is instant heal/damage no matter what the animation does, unlike Cosmic Ray.