Druid Support Build feedback please(with vid)

in Ranger

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Hey guys!

Being an avid PvPer for a very long time I decided it was time to change the scenery as PvP had become quite stale (especially with how last season went) and what better than revisiting an old gamemode which I was very passionate about years ago. WvW roaming!

my main professions in PvP have always been the supporty types and ever since HoT came out I was fascinated with the mechanics of the Druid and have mained it in PvP ever since.

The plan was to mainly duo/trio roam and I wanted to create a druid support build that would offer great versatility and utility through burst healing, stealth, boons, and sustained damage.

this is what I came up with for now:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhZ6kSFohFsiVwgVgrFsMLYPBg603ypqNnyaw/zC6DF-TxSpABa9EAWQp3cnAgXOEAYpPIBVVWUJYKKDQTlgt2fAA1IKHcA8CcxFAv4iLu4iL82ACIgA6VKgMnaB-e

Quick overview of the build:

The goal was to try and achieve similar heal results to what Mender Amulet does in PvP and i found that hovering around 750 healing power and using a 10% outgoing healing bonus complimented by the Natural Mender trait generally touched the same numbers.

98% boon duration after swapping to sword/warhorn using Concentration Sigil. My buddy Fox always complains about how he wants more fury so using Warhorn and stacking boon duration was the obvious choice. Especially because Warhorn offers an extra blast finisher which is very good.

Other noteworthy points is that the build is using Durability runes, offers utility through AoE protection and resistance to all allies in range.

Broke 2800 armor (which is usually what i aim for in alot of bruiser builds) along with 10% damage reduction food. Have to outlive my allies, if i die before them then my support role is useless.

30% crit chance, makes 50% with fury which is quite ok, aswell as 2200 power. Once you get the might stacks flowing, the damage rly isn’t that bad.

Here is a video showcasing what the build can do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdP0D-MTsEQ

These were all clips without voice coms so I admit, I do miss some heals. With voice coms i think coordinating Rejuvenating Tides becomes alot easier and you will get more worth out of using it.

I’m the type of guy who strives to create better and better builds but i’ve reached kinda of a bottleneck with this one. I kinda want more damage but i don’t know where or what I could change, and am thus asking for feedback here.

Feel free to drop any question about the build or video or any suggestions on what to improve are appreciated as well!

Thanks!

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Ranger

Posted by: kappa.2036

kappa.2036

Nice stats combination although the build overall seems pretty vulnerable to conditions (you have 0 condi cleanses outside celestial avatar basically). One good condi spike after CA and you are a walking dead.
Signet of Renewal is good in most situations, and the new Evasive Purity is also a great choice to clean poison from you, just dodge I recommend it instead of Gliph of Alignment, is also another break stun.
“Protect Me” can be a good choice instead of gliph of equality. Protection,aoe stun break,speed, and most important regen that help you to refill your CA.
These are my personal suggestions

in Ranger

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Nice stats combination although the build overall seems pretty vulnerable to conditions (you have 0 condi cleanses outside celestial avatar basically). One good condi spike after CA and you are a walking dead.
Signet of Renewal is good in most situations, and the new Evasive Purity is also a great choice to clean poison from you, just dodge I recommend it instead of Gliph of Alignment, is also another break stun.
“Protect Me” can be a good choice instead of gliph of equality. Protection,aoe stun break,speed, and most important regen that help you to refill your CA.
These are my personal suggestions

Thanks for your feedback! I agree signet of renewal would definitely be a life saver, the reason why i run Glyph of Alignment is because of the AoE heal it gives when you’re in CA, which can save alot of my allies if paired with Lunar Impac, so i have a hard time dropping it for the signet. So far the only issue where i truly notice the lack of condi clear is when a deathly chill necro gets on me though, but then i CLEARLY see the issue.

May give Evasive Purity a shot actually, doesn’t look too bad. Think dropping vigor isn’t that much of a big deal in wvw, possibly use energy sigil to compensate.

I actually swap between protect me and glyph og Equality alot! In WvW i feel like glyph of equality is quite viable as it synergizes well with Ancient Seeds, as I can be in control of when i want to immob someone.

Great suggestions though, thanks!

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Interesting, I run something similar but push 3200 armor and 1100 healing 200 condi, LB, staff using Celestial armor and power toughness and healing accessories. We run similar trait lines but I picked lingering light in Druid, wilting strike in BM, and instinctive reaction and evasive purity in NM.

Protect me, and glyph of empowerment round out mine. Durability runes are great, I use them also. I strive for more outgoing healing, stealth to reset, and staff for mobility. Rest to me is just dumb luck since this game wasn’t really designed with support play style in mind.

Conditions and CC rule in WvW…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

personally i think this is a bad application of suiting a role to a class rather than the opposite that you should do. if you want to be a boon bot play mesmer. your healing is quite low similar stats to pvp mender just bad healing and high toughness your condi removal is limited to just cele but dont drop VT if you have warhorn. i havnt watched the vid do you have an ele?

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin