Druid and moment of clarity

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

So moment of clarity:

100% longer stun and daze duration and
Gain attack of opportunity on interrupt.

Is too strong with druid. Especially skills like astral form 3 (6s daze on a (5s) cooldown). On the flip side the trait is balanced on regular ranger because regular rangers only have access to Hilt Bash and Shortbow 5. (Pigs don’t really count)

I propose the addition of an ICD to the duration portion of the trait. Say 15s. This would have no effect on regular rangers because they only reasonably take one of their two stuns which both have a cool down longer than 15s. This would reduce the oppressive nature of the combo on druid without ruining the trait for regular rangers.

Thoughts?

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It has been brought up before in the feedback thread. We will see how the rebalancing of Druid ends up. There might be significant changes everywhere.

The skill might not even be OP since there are stun breakers and CA could do nothing but heal.

Let’s just wait and see what happens next and if there is any opportunity to give feedback before everything is final.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mazinger.1084

Mazinger.1084

Nah, let’s be self-defeating now while we know nothing about upcoming changes to Druid. Also, let’s “balance” in a vacuum and ignore stun combos available to other classes. Finally, suggest nothing to offset such a nerf as we definitely don’t need to shake up the meta a little.

in Ranger

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

+100% anything does have major potential to be a problem since you can quite easily end up in a situation where you balance with the trait in mind and the trait is therefor mandatory, or you don’t and then when you do take it things break. Its like lingering curse in necromancer keeping scepter in such a bad spot. I don’t know if druid daze access does push it to that point, if you have to sacrifice too much damage to obtain it there may well not be an issue, but it’s still worth keeping an eye on and preparing a way out, just in case.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

No to your proposal. Moment of Clarity had a 5-second ICD on it for the longest time until the core revamp. Rangers wanted that ICD removed for QoL and now you would rather reintroduce it back with triple the amount because… Druid? Feels like Chilling Darkness because of the Reaper all over again.

Alter daze durations or increase the cooldowns of said skills. Don’t add anymore ICDs to traits, let alone increase them. There’s enough of that garbage already.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I would say that any Druid taking MM is borderline insane. You lose all defense to take it and the Druid as a spec does not have any defensive options other then heals. Or if you take WS you lose out on BM. And quite honestly I would rather have a reliable pet and Taunt then a 6s daze.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Irrespective of your point, as the celestial daze:
- is limited to celestial form
- has a red circle tell
- can be dodged
- can be stun-broken
- is hard countered by stability

… your approach to solving problems is to nerf the core ranger through adding more ICD to this game? ICDs are the cancer of this game’s mechanics. Traits should be balanced properly rather than overpowered and later limited in use. There’s skills with visible cooldowns for that. Through picking up traits, you are deliberately trying to put the emphasis on some skills. Having ICDs all over the place kills that emphasis.

I’m not sure who your “regular rangers” are who pick Moment of Clarity and equip a single daze, and a short one at that, but if they feel that’s a good deal, i’ve got a bridge to sell them.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

What is it lately with these “nerf ranger” threads popping up left and right?

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Ryan.9387

1) I mostly refer to rangers who take Marksmanship/wilderness/beast mastery with LB/GS.

2) The reason I bring this up is because this will be nerfed as 100% (potential) uptime on daze with one skill is imbalanced. I would like to provide a reasonable suggestion that wouldn’t kitten the trait for non-druids.

3) I want druid to be strong. I have 4000 games on ranger and I only say this because I don’t want another WHaO. In fact I got an infraction for posting a thread on that specific change.

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

If druid is op, nerf druid, not core ranger. I don’t think MoC druid is op though, there are better druid builds aviable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Uhm. If you are in celestial form you basically cannot deal damage so CC is all that is left. Furthermore the daze is really telegraphed and basically the first thing a druid will do when he goes celestial so if you cannot dodge that it is really your problem.

This suggestion is ridiculous. If someone goes all the way to invest into these traits then the CC should be strong. That is what it is about. And you even want to nerf the dmg by adding ICD? What? Out of all things that are potentiall OP you complain about this??

What about we remove the therma interrupting of thief then?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Druid is/was hardly OP….

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Don’t change MoC because of Druid.

All Anet need to do is make MoC not affecting Avatar’s 3rd skill and problem solved.

People tend to FAIL to see the root of the problem and nerf something else that destroy everything else.

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

No. Just reduce the Stun on CA #3 to 2 seconds, or make it unaffected by MoC

Also, exactly what Aomine said. ^Don’t nerf MoC to incorporate Druid, just incorporate Druid into the main Ranger

Ranger//Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Stability is given out like candy in HoT, I see nothing wrong with this trait + druid. However, for the sake of discussion I think the ICD is appropriate since I would prefer that over a nerf on CA #3.

But why are we asking for nerfs already….?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

CA has a cd, every skill that would proc also have cd this is a non issue.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

MoC druid doesn’t really do damage. They fill their roles by CCing + healing. If it were CCing + DPS then MoC would be OP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This might be a problem if druid could do damage…but it can’t.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

CA has a cd, every skill that would proc also have cd this is a non issue.

CA’s only cooldown was the time it took to refill the bar.

In PvE/WvW zergs this could be a couple seconds. I once refilled it with Lunar Impact still on cooldown from the previous time.

It’s still a complete non-issue in 5v5 pvp though.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

That is correct, I don’t know why I said CA has a cool down.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

1) I mostly refer to rangers who take Marksmanship/wilderness/beast mastery with LB/GS.

2) The reason I bring this up is because this will be nerfed as 100% (potential) uptime on daze with one skill is imbalanced. I would like to provide a reasonable suggestion that wouldn’t kitten the trait for non-druids.

3) I want druid to be strong. I have 4000 games on ranger and I only say this because I don’t want another WHaO. In fact I got an infraction for posting a thread on that specific change.

MM/WS/BM with LB/GS
How is there 100% daze uptime?
You don’t have Druid line so you can’t take glyphs, primal echoes, or lunar impact.
The only daze/stun duration your MoC is going to affect is your Hilt Bash.

in Ranger

Ryan.9387

MM/WS/BM with LB/GS
You don’t have Druid line so you can’t take glyphs, primal echoes, or lunar impact.

I refer to that build as the “regular ranger” who will not be affected by an ICD to the duration portion of my change.

See this from another post:

“I’m not sure who your “regular rangers” are who pick Moment of Clarity and equip a single daze, and a short one at that, but if they feel that’s a good deal, i’ve got a bridge to sell them.”

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It’s way too early to be calling for nerfs.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

MM/WS/BM with LB/GS

I refer to that build as the “regular ranger” who will not be affected by an ICD to the duration portion of my change.

See this from another post:

“I’m not sure who your “regular rangers” are who pick Moment of Clarity and equip a single daze, and a short one at that, but if they feel that’s a good deal, i’ve got a bridge to sell them.”

With how the traits are currently set up, you’re either in the non-druid traits doing less CC + more damage or you’re in druid trait with lots of CC + healing. I don’t see the problem with this. If you place an ICD on MoC, theres very few ways a druid can defend itself besides straight up healing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

When you compare MoC + Druid with the other options in HoT you suddenly start to see this combo is average at best.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Pleaser nef chain stun ham mace warrior too if you want a comparison.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I think a 15 second cd on arguably the best heal on Druid might be too much of a nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Stupid reasoning for changing MoC anyway. A single skill on Druid CAF is overtuned, so you want to nerf a good core ranger trait to compensate?

LI is crap anyway because of the cast time, make it 1.5s daze with 1/4s cast time, so it can be used as an interrupt instead.

Leave MoC alone.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Stupid reasoning for changing MoC anyway. A single skill on Druid CAF is overtuned, so you want to nerf a good core ranger trait to compensate?

LI is crap anyway because of the cast time, make it 1.5s daze with 1/4s cast time, so it can be used as an interrupt instead.

Leave MoC alone.

I’d argue leave Lunar Impact alone.
Just make it unaffected by MoC and problem solved.
There’s no need to destroy a perfectly fine skill because of MoC.
If Lunar Impact changed to your version, it’d be useless when you don’t grab Marksmanship, which pigeon-hole druid into Marksmanship, which is a very bad idea.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Leave MoC alone.

If Lunar Impact changed to your version, it’d be useless when you don’t grab Marksmanship, which pigeon-hole druid into Marksmanship, which is a very bad idea.

What’s the point of having a trait that affects the duration of Daze and then make a skill with daze that is not affected by it? It must be balanced to work with MoC.

An AoE interrupt with a 1.5s Daze on kitten CD and 1/4s cast is not useless, nor would it pigeon hole into Marksmanship.

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

Lunar Impact + Moment of Clarity made some areas of HoT solo PvE way too trivial – just perma-daze and wait for the pet to kill the mob. One of them should be nerfed. But an ICD will be annoying, making you feel like the trait sometimes work and sometimes doesn’t, and it won’t solve how you start out in celestial avatar with 9s daze. Heimskarl Ashfiend’s suggestion is good, reducing the daze duration on Lunar Impact. If Moment of Clarity were the one hit, perhaps make it prolong daze/stun by a set amount, 1s or 1.5s instead of doubling duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Snow.3257

Lord Snow.3257

Lunar Impact + Moment of Clarity made some areas of HoT solo PvE way too trivial – just perma-daze and wait for the pet to kill the mob. One of them should be nerfed. But an ICD will be annoying, making you feel like the trait sometimes work and sometimes doesn’t, and it won’t solve how you start out in celestial avatar with 9s daze. Heimskarl Ashfiend’s suggestion is good, reducing the daze duration on Lunar Impact. If Moment of Clarity were the one hit, perhaps make it prolong daze/stun by a set amount, 1s or 1.5s instead of doubling duration.

Why would you go out of your way to perma daze a target when you can just equip full defense gear, doing the same job, with way less effort. Do you guys even use your brain? There is nothing wrong with MoC, nor Druid, in any area of the game, yet.

And guys, it is WAY too early to call for nerfs, on the 2nd weakest class in the game (pvp wise). The devs clearly do not need our help to suppress the class, so stop complaining about stuff that is far from op, and start thinking of how to fix the kitten class. The only real op thing I found in the bwe, was the smokescale pet, which was disabled for pvp anyways.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Even the Smokescale is meh since only way to make it op was to focus your entire build and utilities to buff it to perform one single attack that could easily be double dodged/blocked leaving the ranger pretty much a free kill.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

I think a 15 second cd on arguably the best heal on Druid might be too much of a nerf.

What do you think about the daze build? Think it can make power ranger have a higher impact on higher level play?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

What do you think about the daze build? Think it can make power ranger have a higher impact on higher level play?

Hard to say. I think if they universalize Astral Force generation across druid without being forced to use Troll Unguent it will open up a lot more build diversity. If they do this, I don’t think marksmanship would be the strongest trait line for druid. + I don’t think dazes are very strong. You can still move, and dodge. Just have to see how it plays out.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Leave MoC alone.

What’s the point of having a trait that affects the duration of Daze and then make a skill with daze that is not affected by it? It must be balanced to work with MoC.

An AoE interrupt with a 1.5s Daze on kitten CD and 1/4s cast is not useless, nor would it pigeon hole into Marksmanship.

What’s the point of nerfing a skill just because there’s a strong trait synergize with it, making everyone suffers and gain nothing?
Instead of nerfing any of them, why not just exclude each other so they wouldn’t make each other OP?

People logic these days…

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Leave MoC alone.

What’s the point of nerfing a skill just because there’s a strong trait synergize with it, making everyone suffers and gain nothing?
Instead of nerfing any of them, why not just exclude each other so they wouldn’t make each other OP?

People logic these days…

People logic these days… IKR, why even bother with traits affecting skills if the skills they would affect are not going to be affected by them. Can you point out any place in the game where a skill specifically is not affected by a trait that it has massive synergy with, because of that synergy? There isn’t any, because the mere thought of that is…. Uugh. They balance them to work together.

There is obviously too much trait synergy with MoC but if MoC is nerfed, then all other daze skills suffer. The daze duration on LI will be nerfed, its a given. If the cast time is reduced at the same time, it becomes better than it currently is, even if the daze duration is halved because of its ability to be used as an interrupt and not just a blanket daze.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Leave MoC alone.

People logic these days…

People logic these days… IKR, why even bother with traits affecting skills if the skills they would affect are not going to be affected by them. Can you point out any place in the game where a skill specifically is not affected by a trait that it has massive synergy with, because of that synergy? There isn’t any, because the mere thought of that is…. Uugh. They balance them to work together.

There is obviously too much trait synergy with MoC but if MoC is nerfed, then all other daze skills suffer. The daze duration on LI will be nerfed, its a given. If the cast time is reduced at the same time, it becomes better than it currently is, even if the daze duration is halved because of its ability to be used as an interrupt and not just a blanket daze.

Yeah yeah, that’s why ranger always suffer because of people like you.

Great, you have a trait that does this, so we have to nerf the other because it’d be too strong if someone pick this one trait. Your logic is exactly the same as the OP who suggested the MoC change.

Ok, let’s just destroy this skill, or nerf the trait to oblivion, that’s our solution. We can’t just make exception to skills (and actually there’re) so they no longer synergize with each other. (For example, mediation is too strong on x skill. All we need to do is take off the mediation status of the skill instead of destroying the skill)

You nerfed a trait 100% just because another trait that OCCUPY a whole line makes it better. Your mind set is so limited that you couldn’t imagine making Lunar Impact be that exception skill that is excluded from MoC so it is not too OP. Yeah great, so all Druid should now go Druid/ WS/ Marksman. Thanks for the diversity.

It’s like 2 “very” talented and exceptional workers don’t get along with each other. Instead of separating them and let them work in different area/group, you decide to fire one of them, making your company suffers a great lost because of your bad decision making.

Good day sir.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

So moment of clarity:

Is too strong with druid. Especially skills like astral form 3 (6s daze on a (5s) cooldown). On the flip side the trait is balanced on regular ranger because regular rangers only have access to Hilt Bash and Shortbow 5. (Pigs don’t really count)

I propose the addition of an ICD to the duration portion of the trait. Say 15s. This would have no effect on regular rangers because they only reasonably take one of their two stuns which both have a cool down longer than 15s. This would reduce the oppressive nature of the combo on druid without ruining the trait for regular rangers.

Thoughts?

that would leave Healer Druids defenseless in PvP when they get focused fired.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Irrespective of your point, as the celestial daze:
- is limited to celestial form
- has a red circle tell
- can be dodged
- can be stun-broken
- is hard countered by stability

… your approach to solving problems is to nerf the core ranger through adding more ICD to this game? ICDs are the cancer of this game’s mechanics. Traits should be balanced properly rather than overpowered and later limited in use. There’s skills with visible cooldowns for that. Through picking up traits, you are deliberately trying to put the emphasis on some skills. Having ICDs all over the place kills that emphasis.

I’m not sure who your “regular rangers” are who pick Moment of Clarity and equip a single daze, and a short one at that, but if they feel that’s a good deal, i’ve got a bridge to sell them.

I’ll add another one to your list

• Can only be used 3 times before celestial form runs out and you have to fill the bar again.
Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

So moment of clarity:

Thoughts?

that would leave Healer Druids defenseless in PvP when they get focused fired.

Also, quick draw is a thing, and an ICD of 15 seconds would ruin that synergy.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

There is obviously too much trait synergy with MoC

Show me the meta being turned around and i’ll believe you. But of course, that won’t happen since it’d require some restraint rather than playing whack-a-mole after a single weekend when the trait line was new.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Hard to say. I think if they universalize Astral Force generation across druid without being forced to use Troll Unguent it will open up a lot more build diversity. If they do this, I don’t think marksmanship would be the strongest trait line for druid. + I don’t think dazes are very strong. You can still move, and dodge. Just have to see how it plays out.

The glyph daze is instant though and can punish classes like ele, thief, mesmer quite a bit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

MoC on Druids is not OP. I’ve been playing with this build the whole weekend and the build actually felt decently balanced. Second, MoC is garbage on base Ranger. It actually has use now with Druid.

This is literally the best thing Druids have to offer and if you take this away they will become nothing more than healbots with 0 stability.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

They’re already so easy to kill, daze is their only defense, especially if they push into Marksmanship.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Hammerguard.9834

It’s just ridiculous that people want to prematurely nerf things before they even have the chance to shine. Druids were in a decent place last BWE and nerfing this is uncalled for. If after launch this becomes the sole reason Druids are dominating matches (which isn’t going to happen) then you can nerf it.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Yes before we rip Druid which overall was fairly balanced let’s look a Reaper, Chronomancer and Revenant.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Leave MoC alone.

People logic these days…

Great, you have a trait that does this, so we have to nerf the other because it’d be too strong if someone pick this one trait. Your logic is exactly the same as the OP who suggested the MoC change.

Ok, let’s just destroy this skill, or nerf the trait to oblivion, that’s our solution. We can’t just make exception to skills (and actually there’re) so they no longer synergize with each other. (For example, mediation is too strong on x skill. All we need to do is take off the mediation status of the skill instead of destroying the skill)

You nerfed a trait 100% just because another trait that OCCUPY a whole line makes it better. Your mind set is so limited that you couldn’t imagine making Lunar Impact be that exception skill that is excluded from MoC so it is not too OP. Yeah great, so all Druid should now go Druid/ WS/ Marksman. Thanks for the diversity.

It’s like 2 “very” talented and exceptional workers don’t get along with each other. Instead of separating them and let them work in different area/group, you decide to fire one of them, making your company suffers a great lost because of your bad decision making.

Good day sir.

Ranger suffers because of realists? Then what you are really saying is Ranger suffers because of the devs.

I’m merely stating that they will not allow this perma daze situation to stand. I mean, they may, because its not that great anyway, but most likely not.

With that in mind, they should adjust LI and leave MoC alone.

Do you actually expect they will make LI the exception of the rule so that it can be mutually exclusive to a trait that affects it? Dreaming.

Stop thinking that if the daze duration on LI is reduced then its a waste of time without MoC, its just pointless. I suggested reducing the cast time so it would be usable as an interrupt as well. There is no need for the daze duration increase. They may need to add a secondary effect, like damage after the daze so it will proc Ancient Seeds.

My mind is not closed to ideas or ways to fix things, I’m just certain that making LI and MoC mutually exclusive will never happen and it generally just a bad idea to begin with.

Your analogy is silly, it does not take ‘the rule’ into account. The rule being that workers must always work well together, or they get changed. There is no option to move them to seperate work groups, because of ‘the rule’. In this case, LI gets modified because MoC has been working for ANet for longer. Last in, first out.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Leave MoC alone.

People logic these days…

Good day sir.

Ranger suffers because of realists? Then what you are really saying is Ranger suffers because of the devs.

I’m merely stating that they will not allow this perma daze situation to stand. I mean, they may, because its not that great anyway, but most likely not.

With that in mind, they should adjust LI and leave MoC alone.

Do you actually expect they will make LI the exception of the rule so that it can be mutually exclusive to a trait that affects it? Dreaming.

Stop thinking that if the daze duration on LI is reduced then its a waste of time without MoC, its just pointless. I suggested reducing the cast time so it would be usable as an interrupt as well. There is no need for the daze duration increase. They may need to add a secondary effect, like damage after the daze so it will proc Ancient Seeds.

My mind is not closed to ideas or ways to fix things, I’m just certain that making LI and MoC mutually exclusive will never happen and it generally just a bad idea to begin with.

Your analogy is silly, it does not take ‘the rule’ into account. The rule being that workers must always work well together, or they get changed. There is no option to move them to seperate work groups, because of ‘the rule’. In this case, LI gets modified because MoC has been working for ANet for longer. Last in, first out.

Just you wait, some random “top player” will say it is OP and Anet will nerf MoC or LI. I am calling it out now.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Just you wait, some random “top player” will say it is OP and Anet will nerf MoC or LI. I am calling it out now.

Well, seriously, anyone can see that. Nobody should be able to permanently Daze 5 people. Anyone that thinks Ranger should be able to, because it is bottom tier, is not actually interested in balance.

Essentially, two Druids could hold mid indefinitely by chaining CC to lock everyone out of their skills and healing each other.

We want Ranger and Druid to be good and balanced, not good because it is unbalanced.