Druid gets kits

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Originally, I thought rangers would lose their pet if they went druid and their F-skills would be shape shifting, but now I think Druid would work well with kit, like an engineer.

Smooth swapping through shape shifts with a feel like current kit engis enjoy now. New skills for each shift. All they have to do is change the name of Kits to Shifts and there are no runes for kits now anyways, so no issues with itemization.

It would add another high skill cap class with fast game play. The kind of stuff they’ve been moving towards since lunch (except for necros).

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I like the idea of glyphs/aspect better

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Same here, I think glyph are the best bet ATM. Also, I don’t like the Idea of “aspect” I think it does no fit a “druid”. “Seasons” would be fit it better in my opinion. Except that there is 4 seasons and we are already lacking keybind.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Glyphs and Aspects have been datamined. Expect ele-esque mechanics. Not Engi.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Yeah, Druid’s already been determined unless they planted the datamined trait there to throw everyone off. XD BUT, for future specializations, that’d certainly be cool!

The class is always greener on the other side.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Agreed. I hope the datamined stuff is still accurate ’cause glyph/aspects sounds really fun. Druid could even become my main if I end up liking it more than Reaper.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Thread title = click bait

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

There is a datamined photo of a bag that looks like a kit for rangers (can’t remember where to find it). Thing is that we could loose weapon swap ?

And since the glyphs have absolutly no use in their own profession, it’s a bit scary.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

And since the glyphs have absolutly no use in their own profession, it’s a bit scary.

I’m a bit concerned about that, too. For Elementalists, it’s not exactly that the effects of Glyphs aren’t worthwhile, it’s that the cooldowns attached are absolutely NOT fitted to such effects. So long as we don’t get the one-cast-every-two-battles bullhockey that Elementalist Glyphs have, though, I can see them offering some very nice versatility and potency.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

There is a datamined photo of a bag that looks like a kit for rangers (can’t remember where to find it). Thing is that we could loose weapon swap ?

The datamined i have seen so far suggests we’r getting glypsh, and when i think about the utility i want is more about flavor than balance issues, glyphs are not being used on eles not because the’r mechanicly bad or clunky but because they’r not strong enough for the CD compared to other utilites(number issue) Its like saying reaper/tempest shouts wont be good cus most of the rangers shouts are bad….

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

borya.2964

I’m a bit concerned about that, too. For Elementalists, it’s not exactly that the effects of Glyphs aren’t worthwhile, it’s that the cooldowns attached are absolutely NOT fitted to such effects. So long as we don’t get the one-cast-every-two-battles bullhockey that Elementalist Glyphs have, though, I can see them offering some very nice versatility and potency.

Yes, you’re right but they still give to the druid one of the most unreliable utility type in the game so far. Based on the fact that the CD is the first issue of those utilities this http://i.imgur.com/IcGtSWn.png augurs well to you ?

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Well ya, maybe u’r getting super value from 4-5 ppl average from 2-3 and mehaa from 1-2, like reaper shouts. We wanted group fighting utilites and support capabilites this is porbably what druid is all about.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Yes, you’re right but they still give to the druid one of the most unreliable utility type in the game so far. Based on the fact that the CD is the first issue of those utilities this http://i.imgur.com/IcGtSWn.png augurs well to you ?

You don’t know how long the cd will be on the glyphs nor what their effects will be. Just bc they’re long on ele doesn’t mean they will be long on ranger. Furthermore the Aspect swap mechanic is an unknown as well so the swapping could actually knock down the cd quite a bit.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

borya.2964

You don’t know how long the cd will be on the glyphs nor what their effects will be. Just bc they’re long on ele doesn’t mean they will be long on ranger. Furthermore the Aspect swap mechanic is an unknown as well so the swapping could actually knock down the cd quite a bit.

I know, i have no anwsers. There is nothing to expect with the swapping mechanic itself i think but maybe a break stun or a clean. So the aspect swap looks to reduce the glyphs’s cd (1/2 sec per affected foe). Alright, the aspect swap CD is probably short, the glyphs CD maybe is too (or not).

Let’s take the Reaper trait (Chronomancer’s alacrity is too cool for the Druid)" shout recharge faster for each foe they hit, 7 % per foe" (one foe is already 2 sec recharge on a 30 sec based shout CD). Simple trait, simple maths, simple effect.

Our glyphs CD recharge looks to depend on the number of affected foes AND by an another skill that ALSO have a CD. I mean, it’s already a tortuous idea to me. As Lug said, Druid need group fighting utilites and support capabilites not some weird sub-mechanics. I am just a bit worried, nothing more.

(edited by borya.2964)

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I know, i have no anwsers. There is nothing to expect with the swapping mechanic itself i think but maybe a break stun or a clean. So the aspect swap looks to reduce the glyphs’s cd (1/2 sec per affected foe). Alright, the aspect swap CD is probably short, the glyphs CD maybe is too (or not).

Let’s take the Reaper trait (Chronomancer’s alacrity is too cool for the Druid)" shout recharge faster for each foe they hit, 7 % per foe" (one foe is already 2 sec recharge on a 30 sec based shout CD). Simple trait, simple maths, simple effect.

Our glyphs CD recharge looks to depend on the number of affected foes AND by an another skill that ALSO have a CD. I mean, it’s already a tortuous idea to me. As Lug said, Druid need group fighting utilites and support capabilites not some weird sub-mechanics. I am just a bit worried, nothing more.

I understand the concern, I am worried it won’t be too great either, but it is a possibility that aspect swaps will have effects for allies as well as enemies. So if there were 5 allies and 5 enemies affected then it would reduce recharge by 5s. Swapping aspects 3 times could therefore reduce recharge by 15s. The tooltip of the trait says “for every target affected” so it could easily be possible that Aspect swaps affect allied and enemy targets. We just don’t know at this point.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: naturesoul.3578

naturesoul.3578

gawd i hope not. the least favorite profession for me in the game is elementalist, please God, no, say it isn’t so. I don’t like how elementalist plays out , the idea of hot swapping elements is not my cup of tea so to speak. Also glyphs just don’t sound fun compared to engineer kits, call them “forms” instead, there is 1 rune set that effects kits, runes of the engineer i think it is. not to mention elementalist is squishy and weak. also would be fun to have like an elite “form”.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

gawd i hope not. the least favorite profession for me in the game is elementalist, please God, no, say it isn’t so. I don’t like how elementalist plays out , the idea of hot swapping elements is not my cup of tea so to speak. Also glyphs just don’t sound fun compared to engineer kits, call them “forms” instead, there is 1 rune set that effects kits, runes of the engineer i think it is. not to mention elementalist is squishy and weak. also would be fun to have like an elite “form”.

I love the attunement swapping aspect, and glyphs of ele (my ele is actually a glyph ele, effective? meh, fun? yes), so i’m more than happy that it’ll be this way.

And keep in mind the elite specs aren’t the end all be all, other builds will be more than good without taking the elite spec, so if it’s not your cup of tea i’d probably just not play it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Kits a on Druid makes so little sense. Glyphs/Aspects couldn’t be anymore perfect. I just hope Anet doesn’t give up on the idea due to time constraints.

… I still want tengu.

Druid gets kits

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I am actually pretty excited for aspects and glyphs. I mained an elementalist originally and love the playstyle. I just love the ranger themes and pet more than the elementalist themes. So taking the ranger’s one with nature/survivalist theme, turning it into a nature mage, and giving it a bit of the elementalist’s playstyle would be perfect for me.

It should be noted that glyphs are only sub-par on the elementalist when compared to their cantrips. A big part of that is that cantrips offer the survivability elementalists need to deal with bursts with how low their health and armor ratings are. Glyphs by themselves are pretty solid, though they suffer from insane cooldowns because everything on ele has to suffer long cooldowns.

Since I doubt the new druid aspects will give entirely new weapon skills for every possible weapon set on swap we won’t be suffering the same fate. Our cooldowns don’t have to be so high to balance always having weapon skills available.

I actually love elementalist glyphs and have long tried to make a working PVP build with them. If one of our glyphs is as good as Glyph of Elemental Storm’s sand storm we’d be in a pretty good spot. I am excited to see what effects we get.