Druid Healer Confirmed - Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

I’m seriously not sure how he got away with some of those traits though… The traits are ridiculously op in every stage.

Adept should not be that impactful
Master should be impactful
GrandMasters should be the Game changing traits

But in the case of the Druid almost all the adept and master traits are worthy of easily being as game changing as a grandmaster trait. The effects and ICD’s are stupid short. This guy should have honestly been overall the profession specs IMO.

Tempest being support is totally trashed by druid and makes me really wonder why the hell they even bothered to make tempest now. I hate to say it but in this case they did save teh best for last.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

Am I the only one who thinks the staff and Druid should be condition damage and healer?

in Ranger

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

I (insert kitten word) LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

IGN: Itspanda

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Ranger already is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE.

And if you watched the glyphs and traits – it’s going to be massive for PvP as well as WvW.

Also, Rangers currently have the potential to become the reason why ZerkMeta stays alive and all people might end up loving you.

I don’t see a single reason how can you guyz get disappointed! We already have all the offensive possibilities on live. This was what we needed for CC, Condi Clear, Defensive support.

We
Got
Everything
We asked of druid!

Come on! What’s wrong with you? If you want an offensive Ranger – you have access to it already. If you want any other one – you just got access to all of it with druid.

IKR it looks so great!

My bandwidth is very low, so I missed half the traits and glyphs and staff skills, but the ones I saw looked AMAZINGLY GOOD! And the pets! lol

Can’t wait to see all the tooltips later on!

So much things to do as an offensive druid, jeez… We have cleans and movement speed, i can’t believe all the builds we can look at, all the runes we can use now…

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! IRENIO!!!!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Its just boring 1 note heal spam in a game where everybody can heal and they told us to come play if you don’t like having to find healers.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Guys calm your kittens. I know after all this years in silence and disappointment is going to be difficult to change our expectation to be screwed but let’s think about it.

we got what it was needed for the ranger : healing and cleanses plus the movement speed (i cried a little in my mouth when i saw that) and is a HUGE improvement to our class.
And then we can have LB or if the sword is fixed S/A or S/T as second weapon set.

With all that healing + cleanses we don’t need WS line anymore.

So if Irenio get the pets fixed we could go with BM. If he moves Empathic bond to BM we could have another source of cleansing although i don’t think it’s even needed.

So although it’s truth the staff don’t seems like it does much damage, wich is bad for us in term that the game only rewards the damage done, we can swap quickly to the other set and send our regards to the target.

I like what i saw, somehow i feel the seeds or hope growing back inside me.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Petition to remove complaint threads and to add them back in 1-2 months. Just enjoy druid for now pls mate

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

What’s odd is that he said he read the forums and states the community says we need more niche builds? Incoming trait changes to make MDG work. Calling it, because there were so many replies on it, it’s going to happen.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Arenanet is going to be (partially) wrong. It may not work for the number of people who run it now, but there’s going to be people who will be able to run it.

It may not work for everyone actually. It is possible that they will go lazy mode and just add tanking/healing checks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I quite like the light-based skill appearances / theme on Staff, but I do agree that they could stand to be more yellow / gold and less blue.

Celestial skills I’m fine with being blue, since the whole mechanic seems to be based on the moon / stars, and blue fits that just fine. The only one I might change would be the plant, since… its a plant. Why is it purple / blue? It’ll be especially jarring when using the trait that spawns plants when using glyphs, unless those ones are different in appearance from the Celestial ones (though I doubt it, since the skill fact was a copy of the Celestial skill).

Glyph skills are pretty much perfect as-is, I think. Plenty of “nature vibe” from them. At least the base versions. Sadly we didn’t get to see the inverse / Celestial versions.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Petition to remove complaint threads and to add them back in 1-2 months. Just enjoy druid for now pls mate

If you want a hugbox go to tumblr.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

You complain about the ranger having too much reliance on pets and then you guys complain about too little. Can’t please some people…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

They haven’t even gotten to balance fixes. Correct me if I’m wrong but he did state there were many of those as well. SO, our ranger specs can still get some love. Pet’s look great as well which will help all builds.

I don’t want to get out the jump to conclusions map but I think we are getting the overhaul we’ve been waiting for. Hopefully de-bugged at the least.

Good to day to be a Ranger imo

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

traits reference

Natural Stride

• 33% passive movement speed (same amount as swiftness),
  • lose it if you are affected by cripple, chilled or immobilize.

I think that’s awesome. Great for WvW where you have to run around a lot. Now I can finally get rid of Signet of the Hunt and Rune of the Traveller and get my skill slot back.

Druidic Clarity

• Pressing F5 clears all condtions on you.

What’s not to like? Great condition removal. I’m not sure how often this can be used though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I don’t understand how anyone on this forum can complain about anything. The pets were absolutely FANTASTIC!

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

the colors are perfect, it’s like a lunar theme and I absolutely love it

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Irenio!!! Great job on the druid! Really looking forward to the core ranger changes you talked about in the steam

in Ranger

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

He saw that rangers didnt have a good place in groups and touched on it (Amazingly i should say.)

Quit the complaining and be happy that he actually gave the ranger community what it needed.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I wanted to see the Tiger’s F2. Did he use the F2 in the videos? Anyone rcall what it did?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

I think the Druid class looks awesome! Yes you’ll be a dedicated healer and yes you’ll shine in group dynamics probably not so much solo. Even the developer was like “yeah I’ve been reading the druid…I mean ranger forums” lol clearly the Ranger class is dead and they are morphing it to Druid. With huge AOE heals, stuns and dazes with insta cast heals, one removes 30 conditions from party members that’s insane and an immune dragon that flies and does AOE fire lol I bet it gets nerfed but since there isn’t a lot of rangers around these days we’ll prob be OP for awhile

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Hahahahahahahahhaahah dedicated healer. Really glad i waited to prepurchase. Gw2 was killed by hot

GW2 endgame was killed by the zerker meta 3 years ago. HoT will revive it.

Sorry guaranteed damage and people given the job of healing your unavoidable damage is not adding anything to the game.

Its a forced dependency with no depth

Dependence on zerk was a problem but the flaw was a stat system designed around simulation play. So instead of fixing the stats they turn the game into simulation with unavoidable damage and dependency on healers

in Ranger

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I like the changes myself, and will try to theorycraft a working aoe healer with enough damage included to at least get tags in. I can finally see a use for my ranger now other than a point blank shot bot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Yay thank you for making my favorite class into my most hated class in other MMO’s yeeehaw for being a healbot now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

You complain about the ranger having too much reliance on pets and then you guys complain about too little. Can’t please some people…

The Ranger currently reliese on the pet to deal damage. That is bad because the Ranger will always be better in dealing damage than the pet will ever be.

However, if we don’t rely on teh pet at all, then what use does it have? We would be a profession without a proper profession mechanic, which would also cripple the Ranger.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Really wished they showed off the Tiger F2 ability and clips of the Inverse Glyphs while in Celestial Form. I know he spoke about them, but seeing tooltips and in-game action would have been lovely.

in Ranger

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I haven’t watched the stream,. Can anyone give an (unbiased, regardless of stance on trinity etc etc) synopsis/overview of the Druid?

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Am I the only one who thinks the staff and Druid should be condition damage and healer?

It needs to be something and healer, everything about it is just so shallow and focused on spamming out heals. The other classes can use the specs to augment or create different kinds of builds/playstyles, Druid is ‘spam your heals you meta now XD’

in Ranger

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Sorry guaranteed damage and people given the job of healing your unavoidable damage is not adding anything to the game.

Raids are one of the most popular features in MMOs among players that love hard/ deep content, while GW2’s endgame never went anywhere.

“Depth” is not a word I would use to defend GW2 here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Traits looked fantastic. Like ALL of them. Going to be tough to choose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I don’t understand how anyone on this forum can complain about anything. The pets were absolutely FANTASTIC!

Since when are pets amazing?

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I haven’t watched the stream,. Can anyone give an (unbiased, regardless of stance on trinity etc etc) synopsis/overview of the Druid?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3md6yh/twitchcon_panel_2_druid_ranger_elite/

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Xard.8069

Xard.8069

Fantastic when you want them out attacking 1 focused target.

In PvE, you cant permanently store them and they do what the hell they want when aggro’d . Constantly keeping you in combat with aggro. In WvW/PvP, they fall apart like wet paper towels when AOE’d making them useless

in Ranger

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Hahahahahahahahhaahah dedicated healer. Really glad i waited to prepurchase. Gw2 was killed by hot

WE still have to wait on how this will work out. The druid is looking like a strong Healer but we also have other Classes who can Heal well like Eles and Guards.

And having Unavoidable Damage isn’t a bad Thing. It can also mean that Enemies are attacking much faster but weaker, it can mean we have some Attrition Mechanics, it can mean having a much better AI, it can mean anything

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

It gives the game the most impotant thing back….. FANTASY gaming.

And there is nothing more deep than a fantasy lore actually played by fantasy characters… you know sword n boards.. healers.. archer etc…

The real shiny days of GW2 start today.

May i offer one of the Japanese hack n slay games where you have nothing more than a Great Sword and cartoonish characters without any story

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

So MoC adds a 100% increase to dazes followed by 50% damage if interrupted, so bear with me.

We have Glyph of Tides (a pull or push interrupt), Glyph of Equality (2 sec daze), Lunar Impact (3 sec daze) and Primal Echoes (1 sec daze). So not counting short bow 5, or GS 5, or technobabel (asura trait), we have thee more dazes that can be traited for some possibly serious lockdown strategies. I’m just theory thinking here but a, 2, 4 and 6 second daze in just druid traits/spec alone. There has got to be something there for PvP or WvW roaming.

I will definitely be trying out configuration during the next BWE.

Thoughts?

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Ranger

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Im pretty sure he touched on there survivability as well, massive evade times.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

Best elite spec! Irenio you kitten did it!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

I’m asking you to keep calm with judgments until tomorrow – new balance preview.
Class designer told us, that it will work, to bring our class back in to meta.

So he have to keep working on it, and try to buff it, boy leave possibility for counterplay.

Just w8 for tomorrow balance preview.

in Ranger

phys.7689

Lol unavoidable dmg and healers haha gw2 is basically standard mmo now. Took 3 years but they basically gone back on all the selling points of the game

It’s absolutely the opposite.
Gw2 took all the selling points away from one of the best MMo ever GW1.
They did the right thing to save the franchise. Period

A-Net i am more than happy to come back to the game and spend tons of my money.
You are welcome

Hey everyone get hit repeatedly so i serve a purpose. Great design.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Spam heals to fill a bar to enter a mode where your heals are stronger.

in Ranger

phys.7689

It gives the game the most impotant thing back….. FANTASY gaming.

And there is nothing more deep than a fantasy lore actually played by fantasy characters… you know sword n boards.. healers.. archer etc…

The real shiny days of GW2 start today.

May i offer one of the Japanese hack n slay games where you have nothing more than a Great Sword and cartoonish characters without any story

Fantasy has nothing to do with unavoidable damage or healing in battle. Read a book

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

What they’ve done is so awesomly bad… I can’t even imagine it’s not an april fools joke…
I mean… 0 synergy with ranger mechanic, It give nothing but heal and bad controle, more knockback (if rangers weren’t already hated for knockback…), 0 damage…

Druid is depressive and disappointing…

Are you forgetting that we are getting a break bar and we will NEED more control to break it to be able to apply the Ice Bow stuns we all loves so much?

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Druid line is dedicated healing, yes…but that doesn’t mean we lose all of our other weapons and / or traitlines. Right now it’s possible to run a condi bunker…just imagine what will happen if Druid is added in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Current anet has a no trinity philosophy, where you should not have to wait for a person to log on to enjoy content.

With the druid added to the list of possible healers we have:
Druid, Revenant, Elementalist, Guardian

as plausible healers.

Mesmer, Necro, Warrior, Engie, Thief, also have sustained heals for the party, but they all lack burst heals.

What if my group of friends hate playing the healer professions?

On another note how does anet differentiate their version of the healer, with its reliance on astral power, transformations, and healing, to that of World of Warcraft?

edit: to use correct trinity term.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Ranger

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

Some of my long time concerns have been addressed and Solved by Druid

1. Pets survival ability in Raid (kinda)
Raid is going to be harder than what we have faced and I was worried about how to manage pets alive the whole time or most of the time (its already takes lots of effort now) , now some of these awesome new pets all have invulnerability on their F2 skills it makes absorb damages much easier and kinda solved the problem that pet dont have a dodge button.

2. WvW zerg role
Now we can proudly bring our Druid into a WvW zerg and not thinking about that if I bring a guardian or warrior I can contribute more, the Aoe CC and healing Druid provide may shift the current meta in WvW a lot.

3. Spvp role
The previous problem for ranger in Spvp is that if build for +1 or point holder we provide less team support than other classes build, now I can definitely see Druid as a great point holder and still perform great in teamfight, on the +1 side we will see what the core balance turns out.

I know some of us are still unhappy about being a healer or even to have a healer role in gw2 and still want an awesome archer role (I want to have an awesome longbow shortbow ranger build too, the 6 months of me playing gw2 was all about pure bow ranger), but Druid for ranger is a quality of life change and give us hope that we will get more improvement in the future.

Is Druid OP? that another topic, but I like the designing concept of Druid.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

in Ranger

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You pick Druid line to be good at healing. You still have two other lines to add in something more. And Druid traits also already have actually more than just healing.

in Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That wasn’t really an unbiased overview.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

You have to worry about positioning to maximize your heals, so “heal spamming” is already going to be a more skillfupl playstyle than current meta.

in Ranger

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Since when are pets amazing?

Since the fire wyvern and smokescale were revealed.

Smoke field or massive fire field.