Druid's Future (Healer) - PoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Daniel.2301

Daniel.2301

Do you think the Druid (as a healer) won’t be good enough/will be replaces after the PoF for raids and t4 fractal?

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

No new healers have been added
Nothing has been done about Grace of the Land

in Ranger

Posted by: Alchimist.4738

Alchimist.4738

If they highly buff the Tome of Resolution for the Firebrand, then Druid might be replaced in some instances, but I wouldn’t be too hopeful about a tome buff, and even if it is buffed Druid will still bring more dps support with Glyph of Empowerment and Grace of the Land, I don’t take into account the Spirits and Spotter because a power Soulbeast would be able to carry those.

It’s very likely that the Druid (damage support + healing + burn sharing + protection) will outperform a Firebrand (quickness + healing + burn sharing + stability) and a Ventari/Herald (alacrity + healing + boon bot) or a Ventari/Renegade (alacrity + healing + bleed sharing + life steal).

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Druid seems safe. Likely base comps will be Druid, Renegade, Firebrand, Chronomancer, and Berserker. Other slots are to be determined.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… you might want to take a scourge in the cliffside fractal if this is your question, but that doesn’t mean that the druid can’t do the job. For everything else, Druid stay strong and unshakable.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

How people can be so disconnected from the game, Druid has never been the healer.

Druid is needed in raids because: Spotter, sun and frost spirit and Grace of the land. Druids same as the old rangers in the dungeons when the spirits moved, are just a buffbot. The hassle from this class is to keep up the GoL stacks.

Do you want a healer? Here you have it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enEyN0XRvpk
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAKGVlVCf_o

Druid has never got any future as a healer. Period.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Magi druid definitely is a healer.

in Ranger

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

While anduriell decided to post a decap rev for some reason…, they are right in that druid is really about spotter, spirits and gotl. A viper ranger or soulbeast can fulfill most of that. A viper druid/magi can fulfill all of that. Given that gotl hits 10 people but the rest of the buffs hit 5, I think it’s safe to say there will still be 1 druid and 1 ranger (likely soulbeast although maybe druid) in raids but not necessarily 2 druids nor would they necessarily be magi.

Magi druid won’t actually be the best at defending/healing the team though. Tempest is already better at raw heals. Same with Rev. Barrier is objectively better than healing in the same way distortion share is Op compared to healing: preventing dmg is a lot better than having someone fail a dodge and repair/res them. It will require a very skilled Scourge (on similar level to a chrono with good reflexes/premonition) to pull it off but could be worth it.

Ventair/Renegade is also likely to be some form of meta. Half the time you cast massive heals/alacrity. Then you legend swap and channel the elite:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit
which will also be decent healing and a damage buff and sometimes press F4 for more alacrity. Assassin’s presence also got buffed to 225 ferocity.

Seraph firebrand can also somewhat replace Chrono/magi druid depending. In small group stuff like fotm, I think it’s going to be the easy mode ideal carry class that can heal, do dmg (more than chrono), provide quickness and utility. For raids, a more burn DPS focused quickness bot that combos with the above Renegade to cover heals, quickness and alacrity in a subgroup could work. Then 3 DPS classes (zerker soulbeast with spirits/spotter) fill up the rest of that subgroup.

Druid seems safe. Likely base comps will be Druid, Renegade, Firebrand, Chronomancer, and Berserker. Other slots are to be determined.

That won’t happen. Either distortion share is required (and then firebrand/renegade aren’t essential to base comps for quickness/alacrity) or you drop the chrono. Given that minstrel chrono, firebrand and renegade all have heal potential, Druid also isn’t required for healing. You are also mixing a lot of power/condi dps in there when subgroups ideally focus on 1 or the other.

In raids 10% to 10 people is nice and “realistic” because stacking is easier. 1 warrior with 2 banners could also be a thing while dropping the second PS for another class that stacks might.

For 5 person groups, 10% dmg to 5 ppl is nice in theory but gotl and alacrity can easily fall apart in less organized groups as tightly stacking isn’t nearly as common (and sometimes lethal due to an instability) The other support classes are getting buffs that can compete with 10% bonus to 5 people that have a much better range which makes them more feasible.

TLDR: There will always be at least 1 Druid for raids (10% dmg to 10 ppl is too good to give up). Most groups will likely keep this as a healer although Viper is a possibility. It is extremely likely that there will be a 2nd ranger/soulbeast for spirits/spotter. This also depends on if distortion share is mandatory which shoves renegades and firebrands usefulness to the side.

For smaller group stuff, it won’t be “required” as there will be a lot more options in support classes that both buff and heal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

That won’t happen. Either distortion share is required (and then firebrand/renegade aren’t essential to base comps for quickness/alacrity) or you drop the chrono. Given that minstrel chrono, firebrand and renegade all have heal potential, Druid also isn’t required for healing. You are also mixing a lot of power/condi dps in there when subgroups ideally focus on 1 or the other.

Curiously I think chron will stay at it’s spot. Firebrand might not be used specifically for it’s quickness but for it’s dps and renegade will definitely be taken for it’s abilty to give more dps to it’s teammate instead of it’s ability to grant alacrity or heal.

Renegade is definitely an agressive spec, wasting it’s dps by using ventari in raid would be pretty lame. The good point being that if kalla’s skills are short live in PvP/WvW, they will be pretty resilient and usefull as dps increase in PvE.

As for firebrand, he give to short of an amount of quickness each time, which take him out of a fight against chrono. And you’ll especially not take a firebrand with mantra equiped in raids, charging mantra is to much of a dps loss. No I’d say that the firebrand even have chance to be kicked out of raid, because he got a trait that grant him 250 toughness while under quickness and that will conflict with the tank.

Between firebrand, chrono and renegade the one that have the least chance to enter the raid will be the firebrand. The druid, don’t have to worry thanks to all it’s dps increase boost. The renegade can capitalize on kalla’s skills and it’s ability to improve ferocity. While the chrono will remain the best at what he is actually doing. As for healing, all in all it’s not a “necessity” in raids and this raids party will still tend to minimize it to the max in order to push dps to new heights.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

While anduriell decided to post a decap rev for some reason…

That build can outheal the focused damage from 3 enemy players just using the tab just running in circles in an small area. Plus any other utility the rev provides.

As such i think there is not better example of raw healing for static positions (as is very difficult to find raid ventary revs)
For wvw i think i posted a video of the healing rev healing up to 10k every 4 secs in an area.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…For wvw i think i posted a video of the healing rev healing up to 10k every 4 secs in an area.

So 500 tick of regen on 5 ppl?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

-snip-

I should have been specific. It was along the lines of alacrity/distortion Chrono while everything else was condition as the base team, then the other 5 slots are open to whatever once the numbers are in.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

…For wvw i think i posted a video of the healing rev healing up to 10k every 4 secs in an area.

thing is 10k burst healing to each of the 5 ppl is 50k total. Natural armony has 2 seconds CD not 4 my bad.
And it doesn’t override the healing from regen you may provide by other means.

Or did i miss something?

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

thing is 10k burst healing to each of the 5 ppl is 50k total. Natural armony has 2 seconds CD not 4 my bad.

Or did i miss something?

You didn’t miss anything, you just didn’t describe what you were talking about very well. Gotcha now.

The drama is Natural Harmony costs 20 energy, it’s not like you can spam it.

The issue with Rev for WvW is it’s a pain in the aahse to play it well, whereas Druid is a piece of cake.

Edit: for instance, if you want to heal someone, you need to move the tablet to where they will be in 1s due to the delay on Natural Harmony. For a mobility mode like WvW, personally I do not like Ventari at all and feel that Druid offers far better play.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Going to talk about PvE only since that is what you asked about:
Hard to be certain of anything right now but it does not look like the druid will be replaced anytime soon. You will still have to bring them for the buffs and have them run condition or healing gear depending on what you need.

Besides, never understood where the idea about the lack of raw healing compared to a Healing Tempest or a Ventari comes from. People even did some testing on reddit where they put these three against eachother. It ended up showing that the druid is not behind in either burst healing nor sustained healing.
Might possibily be the requirement to time the Celestial Avatar healing burst depending on the boss and having to do the proper healing burst with water blast finishers and Glyth of Rejuvenation outside of the form which makes it seem like they have little healing outside of CA.

(edited by Henry.5713)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I can’t imagine healer Druid not being a thing so long as having healing is viabke, you keep the group topped off, while also increasing their damage by 10%, and bringing spirits so other rangers don’t have to. All very nice support and very useful. We may get other classes that can also fill the role of healer, but I doubt that in PoF we will NOT be taken.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

IMO the Druid is the only class that will always be essential for hard content. Out of all the classes it is the most unique one. It is the only dedicated healer class with a lot of cleansing and utility and the astral form for even more healing. Every elite specialization until now is still damage oriented while the Druid took the typical mmo healer role. I just finished my Druid and i have tons of fun with him in fractals

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Or did i miss something?

You didn’t miss anything, you just didn’t describe what you were talking about very well. Gotcha now.

The drama is Natural Harmony costs 20 energy, it’s not like you can spam it.

The issue with Rev for WvW is it’s a pain in the aahse to play it well, whereas Druid is a piece of cake.

Edit: for instance, if you want to heal someone, you need to move the tablet to where they will be in 1s due to the delay on Natural Harmony. For a mobility mode like WvW, personally I do not like Ventari at all and feel that Druid offers far better play.

yes i realise my english is not very good, and when im tired even worst.

i agree with you the hassle from the tablet is what makes the ventari rev somehow rare, but that’s the only case.

Natural harmony you can cast it before move the tablet so when it arrives is already casting the healing. in the videos i linked in this thread it shows how well it works.

Still with the energy cost you can cast it every 4 secs or if you need ot just swap legends to glint, drop some boons and go back to ventari with half the bar filled again.

The tablet is annoying to handle (if at least could follow you if you went away) but is still better healer and damage dealer (with hammer or staff) than the druid because you basically don’t need to invest in healing. The revenant has many multipliers to the point you can be a very good healer (NH up to 6k heal) in zerker gear.

But we agree Druid is more laid back (not “easier”) as you only have to manage one thing, the avatar. And because the avatar has only two skills which actually work reliably (#3 and #4) is even easier and last for such a short time we don’t have the opportunity to combo or investigate new forms is even more braindead situation.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

after playing the stress test ican tell you dont worrie druid future is safe , soul beast future is something that you should be worrie about right know is basiclly avanilla ranger who can merge with pet and nothing more