Druid skills and targeting allies

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyroen.2086

Pyroen.2086

Since Anet wants support for the ranger in the form of druid wouldn’t it be nice if you could target your allies with the druid staff skills like the auto attack instead of indirectly healing your allies while attacking your enemy? Just an Idea…

in Ranger

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

The one reason why I don’t like the idea is: if you can target them you will get those types who complain why didn’t you target them for heals. Without targeting it’s everyone’s job to stay within the same area of each other so healing and getting healed is about working together.

I like it a lot more than usual healer setups to be honest.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Staff autoattack don’t heal much, BUT it will help in Raid/WvW fight, when you have allot of people in RaidUI, and Staff Autoattack will show with line, where is that target.

Just chose from RaidUI target with lowest HP hit 1 and you see, where you have to unload HealingBurst from avatar.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If they add tagging and participation algorithms for purely healing people, sure, that would be fine.

If it were possible, it would be good if you could do both, target an ally for heals and damage foes around that ally or target a foe for damage and heal allies around that foe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If they add tagging and participation algorithms for purely healing people, sure, that would be fine.

I actually can’t remember. Was it just first come first server for GW1 loot? That seems so barbaric. Also why is my memory so bad? I played that game for like 6000 hours and I can’t remember how the loot worked.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

BTW, for compensate druids lack of boons, may be will be good to change Seed from clean conditions to convert in to boon? Just suggestion.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I actually can’t remember. Was it just first come first server for GW1 loot? That seems so barbaric. Also why is my memory so bad? I played that game for like 6000 hours and I can’t remember how the loot worked.

Loot was just assigned to one party member at random whenever something died. Works because of instancing. Can’t use the same here, really, because there are so many people.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

If it were possible, it would be good if you could do both, target an ally for heals and damage foes around that ally or target a foe for damage and heal allies around that foe.

I used to play this wonderful mmo called Vanguard, which allowed just that – targeting enemies and allies, at the same time mind you. Of course in that game you hade offensive as well as defensive skills meant for these specific purposes.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user