The title speaks itself.
Note: Intended for WvW.

(edited by Tomiyou.3790)

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yes.
In what capacity, will determine it’s usefulness though. But Ya it’s certainly a “safe” way to go.

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Yes.
In what capacity, will determine it’s usefulness though. But Ya it’s certainly a “safe” way to go.

Recommended traits, weapons, stats?

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: ShortnCurly.9018

ShortnCurly.9018

Of course it is ok to run a Druid Trapper, for me it’s the main set up I run for various reasons.

So we all know druid is not front line but support anyway.

Personally I run a full healing power druid which is rather weak on the DPS side so I like to drop traps under enemies to help bring them down.

My set up may not be optimal or Meta but I’m happy to share it as it works for me.
Staff / GS PvE or
Staff / GS wvw travel and Staff / LB for zerg fights

Traits I run
Druid of course, switching the first 2 as needed, 3/3/1 or 2/2/1 for zerg fights
Beastmastery, with Tiger / Brisstleback for melee and ranged, 3/2/2
Lastly nature magic or wilderness survival but normally NM 3/1/3

However for all the haters, no this setup up doesn’t bring spotter or frost spirit, I play this as it’s a good back line support and I have high ping.

Normally I loose LB 5 to push the enemy zerg back a little, then drop flame closest to them, walk back 2 steps, drop spike for useful knockdown, the 2 more steps and vipers, hoping that by now, they are knocked down into the poison feild. Then I Staff 4 across them rooting them in place again.

I love dropping traps at the phase through door to keeps, they walk out and immediately get knocked down and 5 stacks of bleed, fire and poison, an “Oh, kitten” moment for them hahaha and my Tiger sitting there waiting for them too hahaha

Proud member of uPOI, Undiscovered Point of Interest an OCX guild on NA.

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNUQRAnf8fnUqAlrgVsCurAUtglCB7JBEtCAwb1x6alZAU6eAn45HFB-TxSFABIcgAEZ/BDeCA4o8bUlgAcAFm18n2HggO0/kwJBgF1fIFwn7sA-e

This is my setup, it works quite well for PvE and some skirmishing in wvw, i didnt tested it in pvp yet.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Just ran into a Druid out in WvW. Long fight between the two of us. He / She was running traps with Druid. Pretty solid player and used the build very well. We both sort of new it was going to be a who made a mistake first (fighting near a camp) fight but in the end they won. Hats off – so I partied up and said as much. My plan towards the end was to punt them off a very high cliff, and almost got it but they had very good, I mean most excellent, balance

They ran axe, torch, with staff. I fight on Ebay, they are on NSP.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Druid trapper possible?

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

The title speaks itself.
Note: Intended for WvW.

i substituted traps for the glyphs combo i have in this build you can put traps in their place. however i find this gives me more options and i do not have to worry about ranger sending their pets to actavate the traps . with the glyph combo because it activates the seeds fast and the signet of stone is there just in case i do not evade a guard trap on time http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsY3fnUqAVsiFsCOsAUtgFMB75GM5qYNLrBQAA+m2TLqlI8zA-TphAwAkLDA4gAM5IA05BAsc/hCnAAA by the way just a friendly tip. i find it best to use an asura has the toon for this type of build because since they are so small its harder for people to tell when you are about to use entangled

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)